Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 09:41 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
You mean, like people out in public that are ignoring the guidelines to wear a mask?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 09:51 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
He actually said that if you send a photo “ENFORCERS will show up.”

Even the language sounds like something out of Nazi Germany,

Old 04-22-2020, 02:25 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,182 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
He actually said that if you send a photo “ENFORCERS will show up.”

Even the language sounds like something out of Nazi Germany,
As long as your papers are in order you have nothing to worry about.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:26 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
Every NYer should text and flood it with the homeless problem that is clogging the streets causing social distance issues in NYC
New Yorkers have.

While I don't like citizens ratting fellow citizens, I don't care if they rat illegals.

That said De Blasio is a snake. He choked on the hard choices and now wants the average Joe to pick up his slack.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:30 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I don't live in NYC any more, but there is not ONE mayor I can recall that would had the nerve or stupidity to suggest this.
And I have lots of memory!
I can picture Chicago Mayor doing so.

Old 04-22-2020, 03:04 AM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times
They are all hypocrites. Cuomo came to Buffalo yesterday to announce he was allowing elective surgeries - after saying we won't reach our peak in this area until April 28th. He walked into and around Roswell Cancer Institute without a mask after making it mandatory for everyone else in NY State. He also had his daughter's boyfriend over for spaghetti dinner on Sunday after saying there couldn't be any family gatherings due to Covid.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
They are all hypocrites. Cuomo came to Buffalo yesterday to announce he was allowing elective surgeries - after saying we won't reach our peak in this area until April 28th. He walked into and around Roswell Cancer Institute without a mask after making it mandatory for everyone else in NY State. He also had his daughter's boyfriend over for spaghetti dinner on Sunday after saying there couldn't be any family gatherings due to Covid.
That tells me that, other than for the elderly, this thing has been overblown - and liberal mayors and governors are now using this as some sort of way to exert extreme control over the sheeple. That is also how it started with Nazi Germany and the restrictions applied to them. The most chilling is the idea put forward that we could be microchipped, letting authorities do a quick scan to determine which citizens can move about in society and which must remain in their houses.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:39 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,085,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
That tells me that, other than for the elderly, this thing has been overblown - and liberal mayors and governors are now using this as some sort of way to exert extreme control over the sheeple. That is also how it started with Nazi Germany and the restrictions applied to them. The most chilling is the idea put forward that we could be microchipped, letting authorities do a quick scan to determine which citizens can move about in society and which must remain in their houses.
I'm not sure how that is true, since the whole world is doing the exact same things, or are we Liberals taking over the entire world? No one told me!
Microchips.
I question one's mental state when they spread around conspiracy theories about being microchipped. That's some Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Jim Bakker kind of crazy.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:54 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
I'm not sure how that is true, since the whole world is doing the exact same things, or are we Liberals taking over the entire world? No one told me!
Microchips.
I question one's mental state when they spread around conspiracy theories about being microchipped. That's some Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Jim Bakker kind of crazy.
It's not a conspiracy theory. The tech is there, and has been discussed all over the internet, including by the universities that have helped develop it. Some countries have already done trials/volunteers. Go do some research. SMH at ignorance again.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
New Yorkers have.

While I don't like citizens ratting fellow citizens, I don't care if they rat illegals.

That said De Blasio is a snake. He choked on the hard choices and now wants the average Joe to pick up his slack.
You bring up an interesting point. Lib NYC mayor protects illegals while inviting residents to snitch on a citizen standing a foot too close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies