Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2020, 11:06 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I am out every single day. I am delivering food to people. I am interacting with people all day long, for 50 or more hours a week. I've been doing this for months, even before we knew about the virus. If I were to count how many different people I've been in contact with since December, it would be in the thousands.

And yet....

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.
Ohhhh tempting fate, that's bad juju. You might have it already and not know it.

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Based on what facts? A good percentage of the affected are in nursing homes, which are in lockdown and considered essential.

You have no proof that your statement is fact.
Just over 40% of the deaths are in New York. Just over 50% are in New York and New Jersey but that doesn't seem to catch any of the "experts" attention.

7,685 posts, read 6,194,501 times
TYRANNY! = The States that it involves.

Bill Of Rights = What's that? Gov. Murphy of NJ says it's above his pay grade when he was interviewed by Tucker Carlson.

The US Constitution = What's that? Oh I know, "Nancy Pelosi tore it up at the end of the SOTU address".

The POTUS doctors = they are beholden to various "authorities".

The POTUS = debunking the MSM daily.

The dems = obstructionists, bill pork fillers while screwing over the American citizen and loving every second of this wishing it lasts till this November election.

The repubs = should grow a larger backbone.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:07 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
So what does that have to do with YOU, in any real-life situation that's not your own personal wet dream?

I see your profile pic is an Amorphophallus titanum, otherwise known as a stink plant. Very appropriate. That aside, it has nothing to do with my real-life situation other than me having to pick up part of the hospital tab for those idiots who catch Corona by ignoring CDC recommendations and then expect the government to foot their hospital bill for their stupidity. I certainly hope you aren't among them, stinky.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:10 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
Boot licking is awful but worse when you have to do it to people that hate you

Old 04-19-2020, 11:22 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I see your profile pic is an Amorphophallus titanum, otherwise known as a stink plant. Very appropriate. That aside, it has nothing to do with my real-life situation other than me having to pick up part of the hospital tab for those idiots who catch Corona by ignoring CDC recommendations and then expect the government to foot their hospital bill for their stupidity. I certainly hope you aren't among them, stinky.

No fear. I do not utilize "medical" care.

And regarding the bolded, you are hallucinating. But I will take your epithet. Thanks! Wish I could change my screen name to "Stinky".

Old 04-19-2020, 11:28 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,137,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
You do know the CDC estimates that there have been between 29,000-59,000 flu deaths in the US as of mid March and we have a vaccine for the flu!

Why weren’t we all told to cower in our houses because of the flu?

Did you do that? If not, why not?
Flu is usually transmitted when the symptoms are already present. The incubation period is only a few days.

With COVID-19, not only can the incubation period last for weeks, the virus still spreads rapidly during that time.

COVID-19 is proving to leave a high percentage of survivors with permanent organ damage, leaving them with a significantly higher risk of heart attacks, kidney damage, permanently impaired lung function. Flu generally doesn't.

You really want a virus like this spreading like wildfire?

Old 04-19-2020, 11:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Why can't the paranoid boot-lickers stay hidden in their homes while the rest of us get on with our lives?
"Paranoid bootlickers" you say...

Very amusing.

Trumplings aren't called "cult 45" for nothing.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:36 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
"Paranoid bootlickers" you say...

Very amusing.

Trumplings aren't called "cult 45" for nothing.

It is funny how these people talk about not being sheep to the media or government but literally will take everything Trump says as gospel.

Old 04-19-2020, 11:45 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Flu is usually transmitted when the symptoms are already present. The incubation period is only a few days.

With COVID-19, not only can the incubation period last for weeks, the virus still spreads rapidly during that time.

COVID-19 is proving to leave a high percentage of survivors with permanent organ damage, leaving them with a significantly higher risk of heart attacks, kidney damage, permanently impaired lung function. Flu generally doesn't.

You really want a virus like this spreading like wildfire?
Of course not. I am not against what has been done so far but at some point we have to take calculated risks and get back to our so called “new normal”.

Also, I’m sure that when it is all said and done the the death rate of COVID19 will be about 1%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies