Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2020, 12:26 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I never said that you said that most are abusive parents. Reading comprehension is essential here. What I said is that bringing up a minority of abusive adoptive parents does not negate the fact that most aren't nor does it negate people adopting unwanted kids. In fact I know of a couple that adopted a child and they dearly love her so what's the difference between that and your claims of abuse? You're spinning like a top now. Still waiting for you to provide statistics for your claims.............crickets.

Where did I say I had "never" heard of abuse by adoptive parents? "Mommy Dearest" was a movie, for God's sake not real life. It wasn't based on a true story. Just end this already.
Thats not at all what you said:

Quote:
It's ridiculous to claim that many adoptive parents are abusive to their kids. Where is your link proving that? Why would they adopt a child if they didn't want them or didn't want to care for them? I'm sure there are exceptions but it is rare.
Quote:
The point you keep missing is that "most" adoptive parents aren't abusive. Prove me wrong then! You aren't proving anything by bringing up incidental cases.
Your trying to spin a top though.
You act as though you have never heard of adoptive parents abusing children.
"Adoptive parents are well vetted. Why would they adopt if they are going to abuse the kids. kids should be put up for adoption (from poor families) so they have a good chance with good parents" ring a bell?
Im not providing statistics because there arent any I'm aware of. I provide several links of articles, and actual accounts of abuse by the victims. My point is not stats but as I said, again and again, adoption will not guarantee a child good parents or a better life, adoptive parents are better than biological parents, more money does not make for better parents. Children suffer abuse, neglect in adoptive homes as much or at a significant level as in biological homes.

FYI Mommy Dearest was based on a memoir written by Joan Crawford's adopted daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 12:34 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
The idea of importing people from another culture and continent destroyed the country and the destruction continues. Several posters try to defend their history of importation and then spend all their time complaining about "blacks, blacks, blacks."
Well, this is what I see. Slaves were brought here to build the wealth of the country, well, mainly the South, but the northern states got slave-picked cotton. It was never meant for Black slaves to benefit from America's wealth or be part of American society. Once slavery ended, Blacks went from property, to citizens. However, many people didn't want Blacks being part of society at all. This extends to welfare. And I'm giving the benefit of the doubt in this case because it doesn't apply to everyone.

There are those who disdain welfare, not some much it takes from the working man, but who benefits the most. And I'll get into that in the next paragraph.

Quote:
I'm saying that if "blacks" have always been the problem, then how did the problem get here in the first place? What do those complaining about welfare expect from people so unlike themselves in race and culture? Did they really expect some miracle to happen that would make blacks do as they want? And if making blacks do what they want means to defend beating and taunting, then those people are deranged and are parasites the same as welfare recipients.
I find it ironic that the group who has a higher per capita rate of being on welfare, are descendants of slaves. Ironic considering doing all of that labor under duress. And then when Black people were free, there were those who didn't like it. There were politicians who could play up the "lazy negro" card to foment more racial resentment.

Taunting and beating Black people to do what they want, it's not going to work anymore. The civil rights movement and the Black power movement, a new Black man has come out of it. The kind of Black person who doesn't take any crap from anyone. The kind of Black person who will fight back. The kind of Black person who understands his/her rights.

The Black persons who currently receive welfare, they can't be shamed into not being on it. Black people who are not on welfare, who work for a living, want to keep what they have, or do better. The kind of persons, Black or White, who keep having a bunch of kids they can't afford, won't stop because of lack of foresight, and a general sense of fatalism. The idea of "it is what it is, and I can't do anything about it". Said persons can't be shamed because living on the fringes of society is what they know best. The kind of person who is middle class, who is part of society, wants to maintain and going on welfare isn't going to cross their minds.

When you're at the bottom already, shame doesn't work, especially when everyone else around is in the same position.

Old 04-22-2020, 12:38 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Thats not at all what you said:

Your trying to spin a top though.
You act as though you have never heard of adoptive parents abusing children.
"Adoptive parents are well vetted. Why would they adopt if they are going to abuse the kids. kids should be put up for adoption (from poor families) so they have a good chance with good parents" ring a bell?
Im not providing statistics because there arent any I'm aware of. I provide several links of articles, and actual accounts of abuse by the victims. My point is not stats but as I said, again and again, adoption will not guarantee a child good parents or a better life, adoptive parents are better than biological parents, more money does not make for better parents. Children suffer abuse, neglect in adoptive homes as much or at a significant level as in biological homes.

FYI Mommy Dearest was based on a memoir written by Joan Crawford's adopted daughter.
If I'm mistaken about what the movie was about so be it but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to adopt kids based on that nor does it mean that most adoptive parents would be like that.

Stop misquoting and putting your own spin on everything I have said! I have NOT acted or said that there are no abusive adoptive parents. In fact I said there are exceptions to every rule but they are the minority not the majority! I have asked you to drop this and yet you keep yammering on. I have lost interest as you just keep repeating yourself over and over again while not providing any statistics to back up your assertions while also misquoting me and putting words in my mouth. I don't even know what your point is anymore. It appears that you think no people should adopt kids because of the small likelyhood that they might be abusive. WTH? Now back on topic which was about why do poor people have kids they can't afford? Welcome to my ignore list!

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-22-2020 at 12:50 PM..

Old 04-22-2020, 12:43 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
FYI: All the sects are relatively new. Most of their numbers were killed during the Holocaust. Due to the Holocaust, most are of a different version compared to their pre-WW2 brethren. What one group does in the US doesn't do in Israel. Or What one group does in Israel, doesn't do in the US. Also Israeli Law makes it possible for them to not work, have expenses covered and not considered to be welfare. Thus if you're going to make statements using whatever facts you think you have, those facts for the most parts are not truths for each individual country.
Most of the largest dynasties date back to the 1700-1800’s. Chabad Lubavitch is probably the single largest dynasty in the world. I defer to your knowledge in terms of evolution post Holocaust.

As I am sure you are aware, there is growing tension between religious and less or secular Jewish people in Israel focused on conscription and what we call social welfare. Israel exempts the Haredim from military duty and pays men a small stipend to devote their life to study of the Torah, while the family receives economic subsidies related to their self - imposed unemployment, poverty and very large family sizes. It is estimated that 50-60%, depending on source, have no outside income.

Covid-19 has spread like wildfire in these communities because of refusal to comply with self - distancing orders. Massive attendance at funerals for those who have died of Covid-19 complications spread the virus
Public bulletin boards, the primary source of news, contains posters blaming the virus on women who wear wigs made from non- Jewish hair. It is believed radical groups from within the community are spreading misinformation.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:00 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
If I'm mistaken about what the movie was about so be it but that doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to adopt kids based on that nor does it mean that most adoptive parents would be like that.
OMG
Now its just hilarious.

Quote:

Stop misquoting and putting your own spin on everything I have said! I have NOT acted or said that there are no abusive adoptive parents. In fact I said there are exceptions to every rule but they are the minority not the majority! I have asked you to drop this and yet you keep yammering on. I have lost interest as you just keep repeating yourself over and over again while not providing any statistics to back up your assertions while also misquoting me and putting words in my mouth. I don't even know what your point is anymore. It appears that you think no people should adopt kids because of the small likelyhood that they might be abusive. WTH? Now back on topic which was about why do poor people have kids they can't afford? Welcome to my ignore list!
Your posts speak for themselves.
Thank you for putting me on ignore. Your exhausting.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:39 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Two wrongs make a right I see. Just like we all know.

Thank God you will never get our 2nd Amendment away from us.
For now. It's called an Amendment for a reason. There is a formula to change it. Won't happen in the next 10 years, but don't count on it not happening in the next 60.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:43 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
OMG
Now its just hilarious.

Your posts speak for themselves.
Thank you for putting me on ignore. Your exhausting.

I'm glad to be put on ignore if some folks have that much of a problem with me. Best to call it a day and go our separate ways and that it why I am a devout advocate of separation for all separatists. To everyone who wants a one-race/one-nation country, let them have it. Anger and hatred can only last so long until it comes to a head and results in violence.

It has come to the point that I'm not wasting any more time on those who have so much of a problem with me, my race, skin color, IQ, my personal choices, beliefs, or opinions. I am who I am and won't change for anyone. Those who don't like who or what I am won't change for me either.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:50 PM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concert D Major View Post
Why not hold off on the kids for a few years, figure out a legitimate career, get your own life on track first, and then have the kids? Then you won't need all the government programs to raise your kids for you.

It makes no logical sense to have kids if you're poor. Wouldn't you wanna provide a decent childhood for your kids? Instead of bringing them into a life of almost guaranteed poverty?
Because welfare gives you more money for each kid you have.
There are many, many, MANY people milking the system.
If you say there aren't, then you have led a very privileged life and never had to live in a poorer area.
The government likes people that are beholden to them. Makes them easier to control.
The people think they're "getting over" but they're not. They're poor as hell but as long as the "free" money keeps coming in.... their lives never change.

FACTS.

Also, ever wonder why the fathers are not around.... not living in the same home?
Do a little digging into these welfare programs and you'll see why.
Broken families. by design.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:57 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Isn't it already a massive fail? Medicaid (free health care for the poor) Pays for 50% of all US births/year. 70% of those born into poverty never even make it to the middle class. The US is self-destructing via PAYING the poor to overpopulate PLUS harboring millions of under-educated, no/low-skill illegal aliens. Per current US tax code, they're nearly all takers not contributors. That, of course, will implode the system.

To see what I'm talking about, look at Figure 2 on page 7 of this CRS Report:

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R45145.pdf

Has been a massive fail from the beginning of this experimental society. Your figures aren't fixing anything. No solutions whatsoever unless you are proposing to go the route of extermination.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:06 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I'm glad to be put on ignore if some folks have that much of a problem with me. Best to call it a day and go our separate ways and that it why I am a devout advocate of separation for all separatists. To everyone who wants a one-race/one-nation country, let them have it. Anger and hatred can only last so long until it comes to a head and results in violence.

It has come to the point that I'm not wasting any more time on those who have so much of a problem with me, my race, skin color, IQ, my personal choices, beliefs, or opinions. I am who I am and won't change for anyone. Those who don't like who or what I am won't change for me either.
Who's proposing a one race nation? Certainly not most Americans. One nation country? Isn't that what we are and have always been? Just because there are different races and cultures in our country doesn't change the fact that we are still "one". The anger and the hatred are purely from liberals. The right objects to things that are bad for our country but it's certainly not hatred.

I have no problem with anyone's race or skin color. I may disagree with your opinions but don't you also disagree with mine? So what's the difference or the point? What do your remarks have to do with the topic at hand anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies