Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2020, 07:50 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
1. A large portion of conservatives are evangelicals. I further explanation.

2.listen to the punditocracy. Conservatives are sheeple just like liberals. They want to find someone who makes them feel good about their own greed while feeling moral. Most conservative pundits love to bash mandating coverage of birth control IUD and contraceptives and then ban abortion. Spend some time listening to Hannity Limbaugh Shapiro etc.
Again, please provide proof that most conservatives are mandating no coverage or usage of birth control but yes most conservatives do oppose abortion as a form of birth control. Listening to some TV personalities doesn't prove a thing. I'd like viable statistics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 07:52 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Frankly sex is the only available form of recreation for many. What else are they going to do during school and business hours?
Sex is considered recreation now? There are plenty of other things that people can do to stay busy during this quarantine besides making babies one doesn't want or can't afford.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:13 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sex is considered recreation now? There are plenty of other things that people can do to stay busy during this quarantine besides making babies one doesn't want or can't afford.
Of course sex is recreational. Most sexual activity is done for a multitude of other reasons, not baby making.

Old 04-27-2020, 11:01 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Yup, my sexual activities are entirely recreational. My girlfriend feels the same. We don't have to worry about the baby thing, as our grandchildren are just wonderful, and our children will no longer have children either.

You need to try it once in a while. A couple times a day won't hurt you.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:51 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Again, please provide proof that most conservatives are mandating no coverage or usage of birth control but yes most conservatives do oppose abortion as a form of birth control. Listening to some TV personalities doesn't prove a thing. I'd like viable statistics.
No, most social conservatives oppose abortion.

Many fiscal conservatives are socially liberal and are pro-choice.

No sane person of any ilk thinks abortion in lieu of condoms, diaphragms, etc. is a good idea.

Old 04-28-2020, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Of course sex is recreational. Most sexual activity is done for a multitude of other reasons, not baby making.
Another Trump supporter on this board (IOW, not the one you are replying to) thinks that people should only have sex to procreate......and he's married .

Old 04-28-2020, 07:01 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Another Trump supporter on this board (IOW, not the one you are replying to) thinks that people should only have sex to procreate......and he's married .
I haven’t heard anyone say that. Name him.

Also, just because sex is recreational, the majority of the time, doesn’t preclude using birth control. So the entire argument is specious:

Q: Why do poor people babies they can’t afford?
A: Because sex is recreational.

Still doesn’t answer why they don’t use birth control. The answer is that they are irresponsible and know that the government will provide food, medical care, and subsidized housing.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I haven’t heard anyone say that. Name him.

Also, just because sex is recreational, the majority of the time, doesn’t preclude using birth control. So the entire argument is specious:

Q: Why do poor people babies they can’t afford?
A: Because sex is recreational.

Still doesn’t answer why they don’t use birth control. The answer is that they are irresponsible and know that the government will provide food, medical care, and subsidized housing.
Interesting that your reactions are so knee jerk that making fun of an unidentified Trump supporter.......who is obviously not you, as you are not a man...offends you.

It was early in my membership, so before you joined, so you wouldn't have seen it.

It would be an odd, cumbersome thing to structure as a successful search (which I would need to do in order to prove it), so I'm not going to name the member. If he wants newer members to see that in a post, he'll post it again.

I agree with you that people shouldn't have kids they can't afford, and that the taxpayers shouldn't be paying the (or part of the) tab for raising a kid, but I'm also pro-choice.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:50 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
1. A large portion of conservatives are evangelicals. I further explanation.
Nope. Evangelicals are only 18% of the US population (70.6% x 25.4%).

https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

Quote:
2.listen to the punditocracy. Conservatives are sheeple just like liberals. They want to find someone who makes them feel good about their own greed while feeling moral. Most conservative pundits love to bash mandating coverage of birth control IUD and contraceptives and then ban abortion. Spend some time listening to Hannity Limbaugh Shapiro etc.
No one bashes access to contraceptives. There are thousands of taxpayer-funded Title X (which is federal funding) Family Planning Clinics located throughout the US, most of which are via taxpayer funded public health departments and their satellite facilities:

Title X Family Planning Annual Report Summary Infographic - HHS

89% of Title X FPC clients qualify for subsidized (low-cost) or no-charge services.

How do you think several thousand taxpayer-funded Title X FPCs happen, exist, and provide low-cost or free contraceptives services, meds, and devices without bipartisan support?

You're bashing others senselessly because you're lacking actual information. You're just mindlessly parroting the manipulative and intentionally deceptive propaganda talking points you've been spoon-fed by those who have a political agenda. Change that. Think for yourself.

Old 04-28-2020, 07:57 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
They can read a book. The classics (and other published works in the public domain) are free for download to any smart phone, tablet, or computer via Project Gutenberg.

List of the Top 100 downloads. Many good choices:

https://www.gutenberg.org/browse/scores/top
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies