Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 11:37 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,047,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

America is all about God, Guns and Freedom after all and right now with this pandemic all 3 are being restricted and people don't like it.
"They cling to their guns and religion"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 11:40 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
I still don't see how Trump is starting another war?

The alphabet news outlets, ABC CBS CNN and the like have been reporting that church services have been stopped and the churches closed. They are not permanently closed but just for now yet people still feel the need to attend services and there is the problem. Of course there are more churches of all faiths across America than there are Mosques but one would think that occasionally there would be a mention on the news that the Mosques are also closed especially in NYC.

I have never been to a mega church but I can understand their appeal. There is strength in numbers especially when so many people come together to be one. We can liken the experience to going to a big concert where Jesus is the headline act.

Church is such a big part of so many peoples lives that they are really at a loss when they are told they cannot attend.

Trump is merely pointing this out but a war ? Come on man..

Old 04-20-2020, 11:55 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,091,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I still don't see how Trump is starting another war?

The alphabet news outlets, ABC CBS CNN and the like have been reporting that church services have been stopped and the churches closed. They are not permanently closed but just for now yet people still feel the need to attend services and there is the problem. Of course there are more churches of all faiths across America than there are Mosques but one would think that occasionally there would be a mention on the news that the Mosques are also closed especially in NYC.

I have never been to a mega church but I can understand their appeal. There is strength in numbers especially when so many people come together to be one. We can liken the experience to going to a big concert where Jesus is the headline act.

Church is such a big part of so many peoples lives that they are really at a loss when they are told they cannot attend.

Trump is merely pointing this out but a war ? Come on man..
Trump is claiming that Christian churches are being treated unfairly while Mosques are granted special exemptions from the social distancing requirements. Is there any evidence of this? And what is Trump's motivation in making this claim? Is it an attempt to stir up his base and to turn Christians against Muslims (as if his base of right wing evangelicals needs any encouragement to hate Muslims)? Is this a good thing for the country as a whole?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies