Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 06:48 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,484,702 times

Advertisements

As the right tends to do its trying to use religion “something he doesn’t believe in” as a way to ramp up votes from his base.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A2n...&feature=share

And of course his base believes him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 06:57 AM

24,332 posts, read 17,065,160 times
Well they do go after churches. Why have we heard more on the news about Christian churches being shut down but barely a peep about mosques also being closed?

It could be that across the country there are more churches than mosques but when it comes to the hotspots like NYC there are many mosques yet no news. Could it be that the Muslims have followed the mandates and have closed their meetings and groups while Christians are defying them?

I was listening to NPR over the weekend and they had a segment from somewhere in the Middle East where a young man was telling us how he and his family were suffering from the virus. I thought, isn't there anyone in the US they could have interviewed? We are all suffering?

There is a great disparity in this country and that is how the news is reported and what is hyped and what is not but I don't think it is going to lead to any war but hey I get it "orange man bad".

Old 04-20-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Well they do go after churches. Why have we heard more on the news about Christian churches being shut down but barely a peep about mosques also being closed?

It could be that across the country there are more churches than mosques but when it comes to the hotspots like NYC there are many mosques yet no news. Could it be that the Muslims have followed the mandates and have closed their meetings and groups while Christians are defying them?

I was listening to NPR over the weekend and they had a segment from somewhere in the Middle East where a young man was telling us how he and his family were suffering from the virus. I thought, isn't there anyone in the US they could have interviewed? We are all suffering?
There is a great disparity in this country and that is how the news is reported and what is hyped and what is not but I don't think it is going to lead to any war but hey I get it "orange man bad".
Probably because those who go to mosques are smarter then those going to church. And the ONLY churches we hear about are the mega churches not the mom and pop churches. You pack in 1,000 people or more in a building it’s not about religion it’s about money.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:07 AM

5,724 posts, read 3,237,701 times
ummmmm....have you seen how they pray in mosques?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Probably because those who go to mosques are smarter then those going to church. And the ONLY churches we hear about are the mega churches not the mom and pop churches. You pack in 1,000 people or more in a building it’s not about religion it’s about money.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:10 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,421,476 times
Quote:
BS.

It's because of the lunatics in some of those whacked out churches, no different in essence from the cult in Korea (which contributed mightily to the spread there). These people need to grow up.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:11 AM

52,547 posts, read 34,276,802 times
trump calling out the hypocrisy of coming down hard on christian churches while ignoring mosques = 'starting another war'

Old 04-20-2020, 07:11 AM

16,876 posts, read 10,541,315 times
I couldn’t stand to watch the whole video of that garbage. Anyone want to give a cliffs note?

Old 04-20-2020, 07:12 AM

24,332 posts, read 17,065,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

I don't think one group is smarter than another and a big church with 1000 people is not only about the money but it is about being part of something with strength and power in the numbers.

Trump rallies attract thousands while Democrat rallies hundreds. Are you saying that the thousands are not as smart as the hundreds?

In my area all church services have been cancelled and we don't have mega churches. I don't think we have a mosque but we might.

America is all about God, Guns and Freedom after all and right now with this pandemic all 3 are being restricted and people don't like it.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:24 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,531,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
trump calling out the hypocrisy of coming down hard on christian churches while ignoring mosques = 'starting another war'

Old 04-20-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
I don't think one group is smarter than another and a big church with 1000 people is not only about the money but it is about being part of something with strength and power in the numbers.

Trump rallies attract thousands while Democrat rallies hundreds. Are you saying that the thousands are not as smart as the hundreds?

In my area all church services have been cancelled and we don't have mega churches. I don't think we have a mosque but we might.

America is all about God, Guns and Freedom after all and right now with this pandemic all 3 are being restricted and people don't like it.
Might want to read your Bible you don’t need to go to church to worship this isn’t about freedom it’s about being smart, yet you got people like Trump and the right wing media screaming that there is a war on Christianity.
Again with the MEGA churches it’s about money. Look at them they have things like movie theaters in them, etc.
They are more like coliseums than they are churches if it’s not about money then stoppassing the collection plate when people are struggling during this pandemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies