Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 05:23 PM

30,294 posts, read 21,065,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL View Post
Actually i read the opposite, but even so, the summers in America are winters in Australia and other parts of the world. Just remember , it only takes a plane ride before we are back at it again.
I have kept records since the 1970's and FL has warmed up so much. Just look at the above normal vs the below normal for FL over the last 9 years. You do the maff. Also look at temps world wide clyde. Up up and up is what your gonna see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Interesting, I've never read anything scientific claiming that.

After your post, I still haven't.

Higher global temperatures will lower disease and give us all minty fresh breath.
Keep dreamen.

Old 04-22-2020, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Waiting for 30 cents a gallon just like 1972.
Better hope they remove all the added taxes and you would get 15 cents a gal pal.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:12 PM
JL

8,519 posts, read 14,497,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I have kept records since the 1970's and FL has warmed up so much. Just look at the above normal vs the below normal for FL over the last 9 years. You do the maff. Also look at temps world wide clyde. Up up and up is what your gonna see.
I'm talking about the correlation of heat causing more covid19 type issues. The reports i read were the opposite. That is why Dr. Fauci said that a possible 2nd wave of covid19 might occur in the fall(when weather gets cooler).

Old 04-23-2020, 04:33 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,527,197 times
Quote:
I'm talking about the correlation of heat causing more covid19 type issues. The reports i read were the opposite. That is why Dr. Fauci said that a possible 2nd wave of covid19 might occur in the fall(when weather gets cooler).
We shall see, we're (Phoenix) supposed to have a week plus of record territory highs starting tomorrow (upper 90's to around 105)....

Old 04-23-2020, 04:52 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,212,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
With the U.S. Dollar Relying on the 'Petro Dollar Premise" as the element that allows the U.S. to Print Money, as the top reserve currency.... maybe people need to ask .. what happens when the Oil is so low, that the Petro Dollar premise is no longer generating vast sums of money?

We would not be facing such questions if American Republican had not fought Obama 11 yrs ago, when he said... WE NEED TO REBUILD AMERICA'S ECONOMY AND DO SO AS A 21st CENTURY MODEL, WHERE IT IS A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD FOR ALL TO ENGAGE ACCESS AND OPPORTUNITY.

When he said: RE-Invest in Building America's 21st Century Economy, Republican turned it around and pretended that it was going to take money from the wealthy and give it to the non wealthy.

When the point was "INVEST" in Rebuilding.... !!!!!

If the dollar looses too much value, there will be many who will wish they had listened and not played the "let's attack Obama and fight the 'black man" by any and every means.

Now, America has to Rebuild, and it has to do so to 21st Century Standards... All the Billionaires, who expect to remain being so, will have to invest in America or see their valuation decline dramatically.
The days of excessive Executive Compensation will meet its death call, and there won't be any more "giving millions of share to executive and over paying them to astronomical levels.

We will likely see people trying to "unload those mega sized homes" and stop boasting about how many bathrooms they have. Especially when the maintenance and tax cost start eating away at their pockets.

We saw it happen already to the 1980's and 1990's entertainers who had to sell when they are no longer being paid the $10-$20 million a film. Some of them now, can't get cast in a movie and if they do, they can't command top dollar. Unfortunately, they forgot to consider that "time" changes many things.

The $1 million and $2 million dollar cars, that already have no place to drive where the speed limit is at the high level these cars are claimed to perform at. So, they become "show pieces"... That market may change dramatically.

Something had to stop the run away societal train... No one knew what that something was, but we see now that it can be done and is done. Now... will we be smart enough in how we rebuild, to make function and not play the "make a few rich game"... because all the people with all the millions, have no place to go to flaunt it.

Right now, who needs a $20,000 dress or a multi thousand dollar purse, and a $5,000 suit ? who is going to pay a hundreds of dollars for "a pantie and bra set, that is being sold under the guise as being called by the name of "Bikini"... and what can a $2 million dollar wedding ring do for love... when love can exist without a ring... If love is measured by the cost of a ring, then people should have been more honest with each other and identified what they were selling and the other should have clarified what they were buying. Love itself does not submit itself to such {pricing or sales pitches} !!!

Who's chasing "infidelity now" ? and who's boasting about how many people they slept with?

Nobody is rushing around going crazy over who is showing their behind and exposing themselves in provocative poses. The make up people can't paint the fact and fluff the hair... and now people are seeing the "Plain Jane and Plain John versions of people"....

it seems the Kardasian provocation and bicker and temps programming might just find that its run its course.

Society may well have to re-think its values.... Because none of that stuff offers any protections when facing Pandemic reality.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 04-23-2020 at 05:23 PM..

Old 04-23-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Not sure about CV19. But other bugs that skeeters can carry around will become a prob in other parts of the globe that have never had to worry about it. CV19 is not something skeeters carry around. But over time other super bugs will become a prob as there are too many peeps on this planet by billions.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
We shall see, we're (Phoenix) supposed to have a week plus of record territory highs starting tomorrow (upper 90's to around 105)....
FL has had 90's for weeks and not slowing it down here.

Old 04-23-2020, 07:47 PM
JL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Not sure about CV19. But other bugs that skeeters can carry around will become a prob in other parts of the globe that have never had to worry about it. CV19 is not something skeeters carry around. But over time other super bugs will become a prob as there are too many peeps on this planet by billions.

WH press conference today...heat mitigates its effectiveness

Old 04-23-2020, 09:52 PM
JL

Now when i think about it, i honestly, i think what the WH did today might be giving people a false sense of security here. I hope people don't think they can get together with friends outdoors this spring for picnics and patio parties without social distancing. We can't confirm that is really true either. I have never seen this guy. Is he a doctor? What happened to Dr. Fauci and Dr. Brix? Why were they not presenting this? Did they not want to because it might not be factual?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies