Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 06:57 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,816,424 times

Advertisements

I think it's bizarre that you care so much about this stuff. Especially now. It's almost like you take it personally. I mean, it's very sweet, but does Kavanaugh care about you as much as you care about him? Will he come to your defense someday, as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2020, 07:12 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,816,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Now that's funny. So you suggest we ignore all sexual assaults until the virus panic is over?

Do you hate women that much?
What do you do to help stop violence against women? Do you protest, even vocally, the 1600+ women murdered every year at the hands of men -- almost always domestic partners -- (never mind the many thousands of women beaten and, yes, sexually assaulted every year)?

Old 04-20-2020, 07:17 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
What do you do to help stop violence against women? Do you protest, even vocally, the 1600+ women murdered at the hands of men -- almost always domestic partners -- every year (never mind the many thousands of women beaten and, yes, sexually assaulted every year).
Their President was accused of sexual assault by 22 women, but they still elected him. This is all about politics. They don't care.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:19 PM

9,943 posts, read 5,618,641 times
BABYLON BEE: Cricket In CNN Newsroom Gives Detailed Report On Biden Allegations

Attached Thumbnails
CNN; Hypocrites-cnn-cricket.jpg  

Old 04-20-2020, 07:31 PM

14,177 posts, read 4,539,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Their President was accused of sexual assault by 22 women, but they still elected him. This is all about politics. They don't care.

That is the whole point

Kavanaugh sexual allegation was nothing but politics. Justice Kavanaugh was a victim of politics.

Metoo movement is nothing but politics.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:38 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,263,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
That is the whole point

Kavanaugh sexual allegation was nothing but politics. Justice Kavanaugh was a victim of politics.

Metoo movement is nothing but politics.
When there is serious allegations against a nominee for the Supreme Court, I don't think it's at all unreasonable to seriously investigate those allegations. Just like I think Joe Biden's accuser should be seriously considered if there is any validity to her story.

What I can't stand is when people who voted a President with 22 counts of sexual assault accusers into power all of a sudden act like they care about this issue. I can't stand hypocrisy.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:40 PM

8,920 posts, read 2,527,695 times
Quote:
When there is serious allegations against a nominee for the Supreme Court
That's just the thing though, there weren't serious allegations.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:46 PM

14,177 posts, read 4,539,249 times
Quote:
When there is serious allegations against a nominee for the Supreme Court, I don't think it's at all unreasonable to seriously investigate those allegations. Just like I think Joe Biden's accuser should be seriously considered if there is any validity to her story.

What I can't stand is when people who voted a President with 22 counts of sexual assault accusers into power all of a sudden act like they care about this issue. I can't stand hypocrisy.
i am not talking about the validity of sexual allegations. That is not the issue here.

Look at what happened to Justice Kavanaugh. He had to defend himself in front of national television. He was on the news for how many weeks?

Look at Biden now. Not a single bleep.

Old 04-20-2020, 07:47 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,505,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
We still have to enforce the law even with a pandemic brewing.

Abandoning law and order is a step too far, I'd think y'all would agree with that.

I'm not sure what the laws about sexual assault are in China, but it is against the law in the USA.

Clearly the mainstream media doesn't agree with your second sentence.

Old 04-21-2020, 10:12 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,796,146 times
This isn't about Reade or Blasey Ford, it's about hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies