Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 06:02 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times

Advertisements

This is perhaps Tucker's best work to date - at least the first 6 minutes or so. Our freedoms today and expectations of freedoms in our future are evaporating like a small pool of alcohol under the Arizona sun. And this didn't all begin with Corona-virus in January. It's been over 30 years in the making....30 years of successful incremental breakdown of our resistance to ongoing encroachment by Big Brother business and government. They are one.

We are under attack. But they've been so thorough that few notice, fewer care, and many cheer them on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkGsZ-qJ7uU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ4gnCPgpew

Last edited by CrownVic95; 04-21-2020 at 06:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2020, 06:56 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
I like Tucker and he is so spot on with this.

The drone thing is unbelievable.

I think we are watching the opening scenes of a sci fi dystopian unfold in America.

The problem is that the gap between the rich, our elected leaders and the rest of us is getting wider and they don't care about us at all but they do care about power over us.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:34 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
I took a chance and went out for a Sunday drive. I was aware that our Demolib governor has said you can only leave the house for "essentials" (groceries/medicine) and that a drive alone in one's own car, infecting nobody and with no risk of becoming infected, is verboten! (Say it with a German accent.) I made sure I had my registration in easy access in case a cop pulled me over and asked me where I was going, but fortunately it didn't happen.

What country are we living in where we can't even drive our own cars??

Old 04-21-2020, 07:41 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I like Tucker and he is so spot on with this.

The drone thing is unbelievable.

I think we are watching the opening scenes of a sci fi dystopian unfold in America.

The problem is that the gap between the rich, our elected leaders and the rest of us is getting wider and they don't care about us at all but they do care about power over us.
The only thing I didn't like that he said was acknowledging a "Time for panic". No, there is no time to panic and it is counterproductive as it makes people do stupid things based solely on EMOTION, which we have seen happen. I see people, mostly women, driving in cars ALONE with masks on! Why???

Is Soylent Green next? It's made of Soy, like Tofu, right?

Old 04-21-2020, 07:41 AM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post

sadly THEIR Country, not yours so shut up and obey...

Old 04-21-2020, 07:42 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
sadly THEIR Country, not yours so shut up and obey...
The Royals (Progressives) have taken over. It is what they wanted all along. We know what Americans, true Americans do to Royals.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
I took a chance and went out for a Sunday drive. I was aware that our Demolib governor has said you can only leave the house for "essentials" (groceries/medicine) and that a drive alone in one's own car, infecting nobody and with no risk of becoming infected, is verboten! (Say it with a German accent.) I made sure I had my registration in easy access in case a cop pulled me over and asked me where I was going, but fortunately it didn't happen.

Nobody over 40....maybe 30?....would believe this is we weren't living it.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:59 AM

By the way, how many have seen Colossus: The Forbin Project (1970)? It is a must see if you never have. And perhaps a must see again you even if you have. The first short clip in my OP comes from it.

It depicts the evolution of the mind of man through two computers that join to exert dictatorial control over all of human kind. It's a fascinating film that, of course, depicted the impossible in 1970. It was very thought provoking and, for 50 years, we felt safe from it ever coming true.

But in those 50 years, we have allowed the world to become so nuts that anything can happen.......and will.

Old 04-21-2020, 08:05 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:

Achtung, baby!

Old 04-21-2020, 08:12 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,434,021 times
Quote:

I'm on the West Coast traveling now. It seems that a lot of people are still out and about. I've seen cars from as far away as New York. A lot of things are closed. I was at a place called Ruby Beach and the access was closed but the highway shoulders were lined with parked cars and there was people and dogs running rampant all over the beach. I've only seen a few people even wearing PPE. I talked to a group of 5 girls that were sitting on a log eating donuts and they pointed out a sign that said there was a warning a $5000 fine on a sign. No one cared.

Seems to me if you sit at home and isolate and get fed this garbage by the media then you're terrified. If you get out in the world you get another reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies