Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 11:27 AM

39,026 posts, read 51,082,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah that point has been lost. No matter anyones view on the virus, much of the response to it has been illegal and a violation of the rights we are all born with.
Hogwash! You are not born with any rights other than what the rich people want you to have. It has always been thus, is now, and always will be that way. Live with it.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:38 AM

19,492 posts, read 12,126,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I don’t live in Ohio, and do not know the situation in his part off Ohio where he lived. But just because he died it does not contradict what he said. Some people, myself included, would rather take a small risk than have their civil liberties infringed. He just rolled snake eyes.
Oh please. We can't go to a park or beach for a while oh nooooes. This, what we are being asked to do and in some cases ordered not to do, is nothing. People like this man are weak. They are not patriots. This man could have killed his wife, or some family member or a random person with his recklessness. He has no right to gamble with the lives of others even if he didn't think his own life is worth much.

There are all kinds of laws, rules, ordinances we must live by every day. Try not paying your taxes. There's your free-dum.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:41 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,500,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
From today's New York Post:

"An Ohio man who dismissed the coronavirus pandemic as a “political ploy” and ripped his state’s lock down as “bulls–t,” has died of COVID-19, according to reports.

John W. McDaniel, 60, passed away last Wednesday in Columbus — exactly a month after reportedly firing off a series of angry messages about the contagion."

https://nypost.com/2020/04/21/man-di...olitical-ploy/
When you play with fire sometimes you do get burnt.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:42 AM

20,957 posts, read 5,531,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Hogwash! You are not born with any rights other than what the rich people want you to have. It has always been thus, is now, and always will be that way. Live with it.
Wow. This comment explains a lot.

A LOT!

Old 04-21-2020, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I have a son who was on a vent for 11 days.** How many people did idiots like this put in that kind of danger due to their ignorance? Even one is too many. Don't ask me to feel sorry for people who disregard everyone else's safety in service to their own willful ignorance.

**For those who have asked, he was released from the hospital last week and is with me now, recovering.
I am glad to hear that.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:48 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,698,031 times
Ohio man who called coronavirus lock down a "political ploy" dies from the infection.

Sad and sobering.

43,663 COVID19 deaths in these United States, in 91 days.

'No Man is an Island'

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee...

John Donne

Last edited by corpgypsy; 04-21-2020 at 12:20 PM..

Old 04-21-2020, 11:54 AM

15,837 posts, read 21,372,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Well you are speculating whereas I'm asking questions, looking for proof, details. I know that puts me in conflict with the denier got what he deserved narrative so many fearfully hold on to.

I'm not speculating that my life as a 9 year cancer survivor is worth less than any other 32 year old - or that being a cancer survivor puts me at that much more risk than any other average person. It actually doesn't. That's significantly more true for someone who is 30+ years in remission.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:55 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,614,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
When you play with fire sometimes you do get burnt.
Right. I agree people have a right to be stupid and pay the consequences of their actions. Just don't let their stupid inflict on other people's rights not to be stupid...sick...or dead.

Old 04-21-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Right. I agree people have a right to be stupid and pay the consequences of their actions. Just don't let their stupid inflict on other people's rights not to be stupid...sick...or dead.
Exactly!

Old 04-21-2020, 12:11 PM

18,762 posts, read 11,757,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He died of ignorance another victim of the right wing fake news machine.
Exactly. It blows my mind that otherwise intelligent people follow this "it's just media hype," or "it's just a cold rhetoric." My Trump voting Respiratory Therapist friend finally gets it. She regurgitated the same trained seal rhetoric until she took my advice and started reading about this SARS virus. She thought it was just a common corona virus that causes the common cold. She's done a complete 180 and went from it's media hype to these morons have to stay home. LOL. I'll never understand people who follow like good sheeple vs relying on the science and experts.

Forbes is reporting that FOX news is being sued for violating Washington's State's Consumer Protection Act by falsely stating that Covid was a hoax in February and March and undermining the containment of the disease. Hannity is back peddling saying he never called it a hoax.

Joe Joyce was another koolaid drinker that voted for Trump and believed the rhetoric that Covid was a hoax. He went on a cruise, caught it, and died. " If the liberal media was telling us that a plague was coming and that it would be devastating, why should anyone believe it?" His words. Only it was the experts telling us through the "liberal media" that this was going to be bad. Yet, there you go. His daughter said he believed Fox disinformation vs the experts. There will never be a shortage of stubborn and stupid. People believe what they want to believe. Lying about this is insidious, especially on a news network. Paying with your life. Well, Darwin wins again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.