Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 05:17 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
We had a local cop who was doing drugs daily. He could be seen coming out of a drug house. That place never got busted. The other cops knew he was doing drugs and kept quiet.
Why didn't you take pictures, send them to your local paper anonymously, reported to the Chief or mayor or local paper or SOMEBODY?

"If you SEE something, SAY something"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
There are 50 separate states that comprise the United States. They have unique needs and geographic challenges.
A good example would be Arizona, where you can walk down the street with a loaded AR15 slung over your shoulder with no problem. A couple years ago a gun absolutist strolled into Sky Harbor airport with an AR at port arms and strolled around the foyer with 100s of people with no objections.

NYC, on the other hand doesn't even allow AR15s much less the ability to to stroll down Broadway with one.

Different states have different common sense gun laws. Some gun laws are over reactions, others are too lenient. I personally consider allowing assault weapons in airports to be one of the too lenient ones.
"I personally consider allowing assault weapons in airports to be one of the too lenient ones."

EXCEPT it was NOT an "assault" weapon.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:35 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"LE needs an overhaul" Using a brush big enough to cover EVERY LE in the country does NOT do well with your credibility ranking.
Yes, I'm shaking a wide loop. And I'm not denying that. Not at all. That being said I'm not saying every individual LE type is guilty of acts of corruption themselves. But, most do cover for those that are. Many just quit the force rather than speaking up.

Because speaking up will end a career in LE right quick. Another poster states "if you see something say something " I agree, but very very rarely will that go anywhere. The blue wall.

And it exists in every single agency nation wide. Taking payoffs or pocketing confiscated cash and valuable property is very common. Drug dealers aren't exactly going to complain about that.

Cops have a license to steal, and they use it. They are authorized to seize cash and valuables without due process. Under assumption that over a certain amount is presumed illicitly gained.

Even honest citizens are victims of this. Happens every day all across the country. From individual cops rousting drug dealers, and law abiding ones as well, to agencies seizing major assets.

That this is a huge corruption issue is FACT. I stand by my assertions and my wide loop. From what I just described to covering bad shoots and a plethora of other things LE nationwide is rife with this bilge.

And LE is the central authority deciding when/if we can exercise our rights. ALL our rights. And as we speak people all over the country are being stepped on by LE.

Being ordered to disperse trying to peacefully assemble, being denied the right to arms, having money and property seized without cause or due process, having their homes and vehicles searched without cause or warrant.

It's not my credibility in question. But LE all across the country I invite to dispute these things. We can start with the issue of this thread, shall vs may in the right to keep and bear arms. And how it is that LE chiefs get to decide that.

I'm listening.

Old 04-28-2020, 11:20 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
There are 50 separate states that comprise the United States. They have unique needs and geographic challenges.
A good example would be Arizona, where you can walk down the street with a loaded AR15 slung over your shoulder with no problem. A couple years ago a gun absolutist strolled into Sky Harbor airport with an AR at port arms and strolled around the foyer with 100s of people with no objections.

NYC, on the other hand doesn't even allow AR15s much less the ability to to stroll down Broadway with one.

Different states have different common sense gun laws. Some gun laws are over reactions, others are too lenient. I personally consider allowing assault weapons in airports to be one of the too lenient ones.
So you wouldn't mind if I had a 740 Remington with a 20 round mag but you have objections to an under powered colt AR15?

Old 04-28-2020, 11:23 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Why didn't you take pictures, send them to your local paper anonymously, reported to the Chief or mayor or local paper or SOMEBODY?

Growing up we had a cop that also owned a motel. He sat and drank in his office till he got called. Even then he was so polluted he'd just yell at you from the car. He was too drunk to get out.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yes, I'm shaking a wide loop. And I'm not denying that. Not at all. That being said I'm not saying every individual LE type is guilty of acts of corruption themselves. But, most do cover for those that are. Many just quit the force rather than speaking up.

Because speaking up will end a career in LE right quick. Another poster states "if you see something say something " I agree, but very very rarely will that go anywhere. The blue wall.

And it exists in every single agency nation wide. Taking payoffs or pocketing confiscated cash and valuable property is very common. Drug dealers aren't exactly going to complain about that.

Cops have a license to steal, and they use it. They are authorized to seize cash and valuables without due process. Under assumption that over a certain amount is presumed illicitly gained.

Even honest citizens are victims of this. Happens every day all across the country. From individual cops rousting drug dealers, and law abiding ones as well, to agencies seizing major assets.

That this is a huge corruption issue is FACT. I stand by my assertions and my wide loop. From what I just described to covering bad shoots and a plethora of other things LE nationwide is rife with this bilge.

And LE is the central authority deciding when/if we can exercise our rights. ALL our rights. And as we speak people all over the country are being stepped on by LE.

Being ordered to disperse trying to peacefully assemble, being denied the right to arms, having money and property seized without cause or due process, having their homes and vehicles searched without cause or warrant.

It's not my credibility in question. But LE all across the country I invite to dispute these things. We can start with the issue of this thread, shall vs may in the right to keep and bear arms. And how it is that LE chiefs get to decide that.

I'm listening.
"But, most do cover for those that are." " And it exists in every single agency nation wide".

So YOU know about every single LE force in the country and their internal actions. Really?

Who is My Sheriff? Sorry, but you are NOT as smart as you think you are.

P.S., our previos Sheriff just got out of jail where he served a 3 YEAR sentence.

"It's not my credibility in question", based on your ignorant rant, you have NONE!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 04-29-2020 at 05:06 AM..

Old 04-29-2020, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Growing up we had a cop that also owned a motel. He sat and drank in his office till he got called. Even then he was so polluted he'd just yell at you from the car. He was too drunk to get out.
So what? As I have said before not every cop is "good'. By the same token, NOT EVERY cop is "bad".
"He sat and drank in his office till he got called." Did you ever report him to he mayor or anybody else?

Did you take pictures and send them to your local paper, anything?

If YOU did NOTHING, how do you expect to get him stopped?

As they say, "If you are NOT part of the solution, you ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM"

WE had a bad Sheriff. WE put enough pressure on the authorities that he spent 3 years in jail. If you do NOTHING, NOTHING will change!

Old 04-29-2020, 09:22 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
"But, most do cover for those that are." " And it exists in every single agency nation wide".

So YOU know about every single LE force in the country and their internal actions. Really?

Who is My Sheriff? Sorry, but you are NOT as smart as you think you are.

P.S., our previos Sheriff just got out of jail where he served a 3 YEAR sentence.

"It's not my credibility in question", based on your ignorant rant, you have NONE!

Lol, if you day so. I admit I'm jaded with this subject. Seen to much in to many places. I dont trust LE. Anywhere and everywhere. From locals to feds.

I personally dont care what you think about that. I wont go so far as to insult your intelligence, you're probably as smart as the next guy. But if you had seen and experienced the things I have you might not be as eager to insult my intelligence.

Just sayin'....

Old 04-29-2020, 12:21 PM

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Lol, if you day so. I admit I'm jaded with this subject. Seen to much in to many places. I dont trust LE. Anywhere and everywhere. From locals to feds.

I personally dont care what you think about that. I wont go so far as to insult your intelligence, you're probably as smart as the next guy. But if you had seen and experienced the things I have you might not be as eager to insult my intelligence.

Just sayin'....
He did the same thing with me. So I see I'm not alone? I came to the conclusion that this individual just wants to argue for the sake of arguing. I just put him on my ignore list as I refuse to respond to him any longer. It's just not worth the aggravation and he's not worth another minute of my time.

Old 04-29-2020, 01:08 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:

Would not have done any good. The city "fathers" control the town. New cops are given a list of people that they cannot ticket. If they do, all tickets go through the chief. He has a big trash can. The School super was stopped for DUI, they called a family member to come get him. It did not officially happen. I heard it on the police scanner when he was stopped.

I lived in a small town near KC for several years. The cop on duty at night slept in the cemetery during his shift.
When I lived in another city, the retiring chief took a bunch of computers with him when he retired. The police went after them but he was never arrested. This stuff is common everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies