Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 01:46 PM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
There are 50 separate states that comprise the United States. They have unique needs and geographic challenges.
A good example would be Arizona, where you can walk down the street with a loaded AR15 slung over your shoulder with no problem. A couple years ago a gun absolutist strolled into Sky Harbor airport with an AR at port arms and strolled around the foyer with 100s of people with no objections.

NYC, on the other hand doesn't even allow AR15s much less the ability to to stroll down Broadway with one.

Different states have different common sense gun laws. Some gun laws are over reactions, others are too lenient. I personally consider allowing assault weapons in airports to be one of the too lenient ones.
At least in Arizona, anyone can stroll around with an AR15. In NYC, the rules are different for the elite vs the common man. I don't see how anyone, no matter how anti-gun, can support the way NYC is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 03:16 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,354,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytang24 View Post
At least in Arizona, anyone can stroll around with an AR15. In NYC, the rules are different for the elite vs the common man. I don't see how anyone, no matter how anti-gun, can support the way NYC is.
The problem with the State of New York is New York City and it's metro area. They rule the entire state with an iron fist. I'm so glad to be outta' there and now in Arizona.

Indeed it is perfectly legal to open carry an AR-15. But I've yet to see anyone do it, handguns of all types yes. Now that Arizona has become a "Constitutional Carry" state you don't see too many people open carrying anymore. As open and concealed carry is perfectly legal without a permit. At one time open carry was the only way to carry legally in Arizona. Then they allowed concealed carry with a permit. Permits were "Shall Issue" until they went "Constitutional Carry" permits being optional.

With a permit you do not need to undergo a NICS check each time you buy a firearm. You also can carry in 37 states providing you abide by their state laws. You can also carry in establishments that serve alcoholic beverages providing you don't consume any and they are not posted.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:37 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
I took a ride to the gun store this morning just looking around. Sportsmans Warehouse. I actually found a piece I wanted and said I'd take it. The clerk tells me that its gonna be a month wait.

The DPS is so backlogged they say that's the soonest I could have it. I asked about the three day clause and they tell me that's at the dealership discretion.

Wow. I need to drive the two hours to my old buddies shooter shack and buy it from him. Since he knows me and knows my BC will be fine he'll do that.

The clerk told me that Sisolack (Sisolini) the governor, is trying to push measures to enforce the private sale BC law now to. It's all just the leftists trying to grab control.

It's so close that worthless CA transplant Vegas dwelling rodent of a governor can taste it. I'm getting to fighting mad mode with this BS.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:19 PM

19,721 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I took a ride to the gun store this morning just looking around. Sportsmans Warehouse. I actually found a piece I wanted and said I'd take it. The clerk tells me that its gonna be a month wait.

The DPS is so backlogged they say that's the soonest I could have it. I asked about the three day clause and they tell me that's at the dealership discretion.

Wow. I need to drive the two hours to my old buddies shooter shack and buy it from him. Since he knows me and knows my BC will be fine he'll do that.

The clerk told me that Sisolack (Sisolini) the governor, is trying to push measures to enforce the private sale BC law now to. It's all just the leftists trying to grab control.

It's so close that worthless CA transplant Vegas dwelling rodent of a governor can taste it. I'm getting to fighting mad mode with this BS.
The 3 day clause is in the federal law. I guess they overrode it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies