Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2020, 01:39 PM

18,673 posts, read 7,546,354 times

Advertisements

People will make songs about ANYTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIGMLTQj5y4

With apologies to Simon and Garfunkel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 01:45 PM

29,702 posts, read 24,784,687 times
Well, if any good came of all of this, American's learned the name of another far off city that they would have otherwise never known existed.

Old 04-22-2020, 01:59 PM

18,673 posts, read 7,546,354 times
When I first heard this one, I though it was funny, in a macabre sort of way.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:06 PM

35,565 posts, read 20,909,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Well, if any good came of all of this, American's learned the name of another far off city that they would have otherwise never known existed.
Except I heard a poster -(its being passed around in social media), from JAX FL about the beaches being opened and the Corona virus. I cant say in 66 yrs I ever heard some much crock of shyte. It's embarrassing. Total hear-says- untruths and zero facts. ZERO. I am saddened by some of what I hear, on YouTube. Mind blowing and now VERY scary.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:11 PM

16,465 posts, read 10,487,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Count me among them. I had never heard of Wuhan before, and I recall being surprised that it was a big enough deal that United Airlines used to fly nonstop from there to San Francisco. I don't know how much of a tourist draw Wuhan was before all this happened, but the city's Director of Tourism sure will have his work cut out for him now.

And I enjoyed the song.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:14 PM

45,400 posts, read 26,992,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Count me among them. I had never heard of Wuhan before, and I recall being surprised that it was a big enough deal that United Airlines used to fly nonstop from there to San Francisco. I don't know how much of a tourist draw Wuhan was before all this happened, but the city's Director of Tourism sure will have his work cut out for him now.

And I enjoyed the song.
That route was probably created for easier access to those who have sold out to China and are working with the Wuhan Virology Lab.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:16 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,784,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

And I enjoyed the song.
I wish I still never heard of it.

Old 04-22-2020, 02:20 PM

16,181 posts, read 10,326,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Except I heard a poster -(its being passed around in social media), from JAX FL about the beaches being opened and the Corona virus. I cant say in 66 yrs I ever heard some much crock of shyte. It's embarrassing. Total hear-says- untruths and zero facts. ZERO. I am saddened by some of what I hear, on YouTube. Mind blowing and now VERY scary.
I'm not sure what you are complaining about. If I were to guess it's that people are claiming once they opened the beach there were crowds. This was confirmed by a web cam, this appeared in another thread and of course was dismissed as "Fake News" because some will dismiss anything that does not fit their agenda as fake news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies