Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 06:03 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times

Advertisements

I am just waiting for this pointless lockdown nonsense to come to an end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHJnqjeFkfM

NYC can stay locked down for the next 20 years for all I care, the rest of the nation needs to open up for business now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 06:54 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post

NYC can stay locked down for the next 20 years for all I care, the rest of the nation needs to open up for business now!
The isolation precautions were (and still are in many areas) the correct move.

We have learned quite a bit about dealing with a pandemic and I'm sure this fall we will have actions taken which are most prudent for the city/state involved.

We were/are dealing with a novel biologic threat and extreme caution was warranted. This virus will most likely return, but we will be better prepared from a medical and economic standpoint.

Old 04-22-2020, 07:47 PM

1,763 posts, read 2,047,091 times
way too many hospitals not at capacity.

they need to transfer patients to these nonbusy hospitals and distribute the load so that the country can open up again.

The whole point of this prolonged lockdown was to give hospitals a breather.
and they already have it.

the point was not to magically prevent you from catching covid forever.
A lot of you are gonna get covid these coming months.
95+% of you will recover, some might end up in the hospital.
and with the current estimated 0.1% mortality rate, some of you might die.

so open all the ish back up!

millions of dollars are getting flushed down the hole every second.

Old 04-22-2020, 08:27 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The isolation precautions were (and still are in many areas) the correct move.

We have learned quite a bit about dealing with a pandemic and I'm sure this fall we will have actions taken which are most prudent for the city/state involved.

We were/are dealing with a novel biologic threat and extreme caution was warranted. This virus will most likely return, but we will be better prepared from a medical and economic standpoint.

I'm leaning toward mass hoax:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0hIC6GqMc

Old 04-22-2020, 09:59 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post

These aren't bored nurses. What they are saying is that they are stronger than this virus. There are many videos of nurses trying to have some sort of sanity by doing videos like this. They are on the front lines dealing with this. Many don't go home to their families.

Old 04-22-2020, 10:02 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,443,262 times
They need to be hard at work like the president who golfed for a month in February

Old 04-22-2020, 10:49 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Lower stress helps the immune system, which means fewer will be out sick when your arse is on the line. Good for them.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:36 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,169 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Such antics generally just make me cringe with embarrassment and I really don't see the point in dancing around doing the New Zealand Maori haka and then posting it on youtube. Saying that I do not believe there was any racist intent, and it was meant as a bit of fun, although I am not sure all gathering together to do a dance is very sensble given the cureent social distancing rules.

Furthermore Covid-19 is a virus, and not something that needs to be personified, indeed there are lots of things that could potentially wipe us all out and a pandemic of a far more severe viruses that Covid-19 are listed among them.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:15 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
These aren't bored nurses. What they are saying is that they are stronger than this virus. There are many videos of nurses trying to have some sort of sanity by doing videos like this. They are on the front lines dealing with this. Many don't go home to their families.
After working in hospitals for years under normal conditions - NO ONE has the time to think up, produce and film something like this with that amt of people - you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:19 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,169 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
After working in hospitals for years under normal conditions - NO ONE has the time to think up, produce and film something like this with that amt of people - you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise.
The truth being that most hospitals where the virus is more prevalent have closed non emergency appointments and all non esstential appointments, many are therefore eeerily quiet rather than busy with people as even visitors are not allowed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies