Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 12:59 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've noticed something. And this is just an observation. Regardless of political affiliation or job, I have seen more women haranguing "stay home" or "we're not ready to open up" than men saying that. Just something I've been seeing.
Women are much more risk-adverse compared to men.

This likely due to biology differences between the genders...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 01:01 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
I don't understand how it became that the risk adverse got to control me.

It was the presumption of freedom with a very good reason to curtail freedom being necessary. There is no such reason. Some states have deaths of 30 people per 1 million. I bet people die from spider bites that much every day.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:12 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mos-study.html

A fifth of all NY Residents have antibodies. Per a random test of 3000 residents.

Time to go back to work.

Old 04-23-2020, 01:19 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post

I though once we put on make-up-- ain't touching our faces! BUT beards and mustaches are germ carriers, men work outside more and sweat- always wiping their brow and even on those big jobs- they have port potties-- where are the wash rooms? Men drive trucks and deliver- in and out- just dirtier jobs as a whole... Women do it too- but not the majority.
smokers- drinkers- drugs- eating poorly - fast foods- stress- no vitamins and lack of sleep -

Old 04-23-2020, 01:19 PM

230 posts, read 115,076 times
Wow how ignorant. News flash the jobs that don't pay well are the jobs that people still have right now that the people are still working and putting themselves in danger. Because they know all too well. The people sitting at home or the people who have jobs that pay well who can work from home. The jobs that don't pay well that are still working like the bus drivers and the janitors so don't be ignorant and say they aren't working. They are risking their lives to work while people like you sit behind a computer and complain.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:11 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
that’s not surprising at all. Women are more nurturing overall, whereas men are more “aw hell, git er doneâ€. (I’m generalizing a bit, but you get the idea)
Could be. Alot of the women I know who are calling for "we're not ready to open up" are married, stay-at-home moms. Some do own businesses (small businesses that are either in-home or don't require being around many people) or work in the medical industry.

Not many men are calling for continuing the quarantine. Among those that are, they involve:

1) Hardcore radical liberals.
2) LGBT men.
3) Men who work in the IT industry.

One demographic I would like to discuss is the African-American population. I only know one African-American male who has been saying "stay home" or "continue the quarantine". Most of the African-Americans calling for quarantine are women. But here is the a twist. I'm not hearing as much "keep the quarantine" from African-Americans relative to other groups. Maybe I'm not paying as much attention. I mention this because, per capita, more African-Americans are dying from Covid-19.

Even more bizarre, I'm not hearing much from people ages 65 and up.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:18 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,963,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
^ Leo58, thank you for your well-reasoned post.

I shake my head in dismay at the C-D posters who are against the much-needed stimulus checks, and the generous unemployment benefits, which, for the first time, includes self-employed workers. This represents an UNPRECEDENTED pro-worker assist, for which I am very grateful!
Perhaps the same grumps who nay-say worker assistance are the same posters who pose as the wealthy, "Well! I don't need my stimulus check!" types. If you don't need it, donate it to your local Planned Parenthood, ya posers.
You are indeed correct. Many people who got laid off not only lost income, they lost insurance, 401k match, and incentive bonuses.
Finally something for the taxpayers instead of the indolent and ignorant.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:20 PM

73,024 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post

It could be. However, I'm also noticing something else among the women who are saying "stay home".

1) Married stay-at-home moms.
2) Women who have a at-home business or a run a small business (that doesn't involving having large amounts of people around).
3) Women in the medical field.

The women who aren't as thrilled about the quarantine include:

1) Women who work in bars and restaurants (for obvious reasons).
2) Women in other working class jobs (except grocery stores).
3) Single moms.
4) Women suffering from depression (or other mental health issues). Actually, both men and women with mental health issues are big critics of this quarantine.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:23 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
I've noticed something. And this is just an observation. Regardless of political affiliation or job, I have seen more women haranguing "stay home" or "we're not ready to open up" than men saying that. Just something I've been seeing.
Yeah, on average, men tend to take health less seriously than women do. Might be a factor in the gender differences in longevity.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Could be. Alot of the women I know who are calling for "we're not ready to open up" are married, stay-at-home moms. Some do own businesses (small businesses that are either in-home or don't require being around many people) or work in the medical industry.

Not many men are calling for continuing the quarantine. Among those that are, they involve:

1) Hardcore radical liberals.
2) LGBT men.
3) Men who work in the IT industry.

One demographic I would like to discuss is the African-American population. I only know one African-American male who has been saying "stay home" or "continue the quarantine". Most of the African-Americans calling for quarantine are women. But here is the a twist. I'm not hearing as much "keep the quarantine" from African-Americans relative to other groups. Maybe I'm not paying as much attention. I mention this because, per capita, more African-Americans are dying from Covid-19.

Even more bizarre, I'm not hearing much from people ages 65 and up.
If your observation holds in general, then not taking preventative measures seriously might be a reason we're seeing the African-American community being hit way harder by COVID-19.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies