Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 04:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
If you do that because you disagree with someone’s politics you really are a piece of garbage and in need of mental help.
Totally agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 04:36 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
People will lie to themselves in order to justify their trolling and evil post.

Old 04-23-2020, 04:47 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Warren's brother according to his obituary was a career Air Force officer who flew B-52s in Vietnam. B-52s dropped bombs, napalm and "agent orange" on Cambodia and possibly Vietnam. How many innocents suffered a horrible death because of him and how many generations were affected by agent orange?
Seriously? You are going to condemn him because he did his job and was a combat veteran and put his life on the line for us? Really???

Old 04-23-2020, 05:00 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Not a Warren fan, but I was reading some of the stuff posted in response to her brother dying of covid19 and it’s pretty terrible. People on the left would make similar terrible remarks if the situation was reversed. Have we no decency left?
Ah, but you see Jersey, we have no way of knowing who many of these people are that are making these tasteless and despicable comments regarding Ms. Warren's brother's demise. Many people will simply assume these people are "right wingers" simply out to take a few jabs at our favorite Native American ex-presidential candidate. And in some cases, you'd probably be right. There are despicable people on all sides of the aisle and some people just can't help but revel in other people's misery.

However, I would be more than willing to put money on the table and bet that many of those comments are coming from people who are on the same side "politically" as Ms. Warren. Why, you might ask? Because any opportunity that arises which might afford those on the left a chance to paint conservatives/right wingers/Republicans in a negative light will never be wasted. Even if that means subjecting "one of their own" to a minor bit a cruelty. You know how it is. For the greater good and all that.

Personally, as a conservative, I can say that I am not a fan of Ms. Warren's politics. But beyond that, I don't know this woman or her family. They may be simply wonderful people whom I would be friends with under normal circumstances. As such, I would do nothing more than offer my condolences to Ms. Warren and her family after this tragic loss. While it does sound like her brother lived a full life before this tragedy befell him, it's still a shame to see a man who possibly had several more years of life ahead of him taken by this virus.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:03 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I agree with your post, and do not condone it under any circumstances.

Despite the fact I do abhor her politics, I feel sorry for her losing a sibling.
^^^^This.

Much as I dislike her, it's sad to hear that she lost a family member to this horrible virus.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:04 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,697,978 times
People being horrible on the internet!?

Well, I never!

Old 04-23-2020, 05:05 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
This is certainly nothing new. We see this any time someone dies who is involved in politics. And sometimes, it even extends to close family members. Some people are just evil and disgusting human beings.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:15 PM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
All 3 of her brothers were Republicans. They all loved each other. When her earning went up. she invested in their businesses.

If her family could ignore the partisan BS, the rest of us could at least try to.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:24 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Warren's brother according to his obituary was a career Air Force officer who flew B-52s in Vietnam. B-52s dropped bombs, napalm and "agent orange" on Cambodia and possibly Vietnam. How many innocents suffered a horrible death because of him and how many generations were affected by agent orange?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Seriously? You are going to condemn him because he did his job and was a combat veteran and put his life on the line for us? Really???
So the right wingers on this thread have said he doesn't deserve respect for his service because he is Elizabeth Warren's brother.

And they have gone with the "Baby Killer" angle.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:25 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So the right wingers on this thread have said he doesn't deserve respect for his service because he is Elizabeth Warren's brother.

And they have gone with the "Baby Killer" angle.

And then we get this gem...

An internet conspiracy...

Quote:
However, I would be more than willing to put money on the table and bet that many of those comments are coming from people who are on the same side "politically" as Ms. Warren. Why, you might ask? Because any opportunity that arises which might afford those on the left a chance to paint conservatives/right wingers/Republicans in a negative light will never be wasted. Even if that means subjecting "one of their own" to a minor bit a cruelty. You know how it is. For the greater good and all that.
At least you all got all your bases covered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies