Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 12:57 PM

17,639 posts, read 13,474,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Trump claims that he was just being sarcastic.

https://www.axios.com/donald-trump-d...ign=alerts_all
It just doesn't get any funnier than this.

Trump supporters on this thread have twisted themselves in pretzels trying to defend what he said or make sense of it.

"Thinking out of the box" they say.

"He really meant he was trying to get 'medication to the lungs' but used a poor choice of words" they say.

"Trump didn't really say it" they say.

So now Trump comes out and says he did say it but was "being sarcastic" around a reporters question that wasn't even asked.

So Trump has made all his defenders look even more foolish than they already did when defending this stuff.

C'mon righties, can't ya all tell when the big fella is just joshin?

Old 04-24-2020, 12:58 PM

8,478 posts, read 3,284,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
No, It was him rambling on when he should have just kept silent. Not sure if anyone has been in a board room during a brain storming session but in a lot of cases I've looked at a co worker and wondered how the hell they have made it through life so far after they've blurted out something. This is exactly the case here...he blurted out something and the media and haters just ran with it.
No one needs to be brain storming an idea like this before an audience of millions - many of whom are desperate and gullible. Does the man have no common sense?

Old 04-24-2020, 01:00 PM

28,983 posts, read 14,310,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Direct QUote:
Your point ?
Where in there does he say that injecting disinfectant is a cure ?
Does he ask the question ? Does he state it would be interesting to follow up on it ? Absolutely on both counts.
Was it stupid to ask...sure, at that point absolutely. Obviously the media and people like yourself just run with it and state he said to inject bleach or whatever into ones body. And you question me on context...laughable.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:01 PM

28,983 posts, read 14,310,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
No one needs to be brain storming an idea like this before an audience of millions - many of whom are desperate and gullible. Does the man have no common sense?
I won't argue with you on that one.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:01 PM

3,841 posts, read 4,494,962 times
Default I wake up to find over 40 pages? Lol!!

Trump was basically asking/wondering outloud in his unfiltered, off the cuff Trumpy style way if these findings could somehow be incorporated into some kind of treatment. I knew what he meant when he said it, even as I chuckled.
Twitter is having their usual "get Trump" orgy, but I'm so disappointed in the press. They're not doing their jobs. No nuance, no intuition. Shouldn't the headlines be shouting, "GO OUTSIDE!" "OPEN THE PARKS!" Instead we get garbage. The MSM only care about the bottom line, and the TDS crowd is their bread and butter! I remember when I used to have more trust in the press.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:02 PM

12,890 posts, read 13,564,066 times
Okay I'll accept that it was sarcasm, 50,000 Americans dead and the president makes a joke? That's called jumping out of the skillet into fire. I am not sure if America needs a heartless man or a dumb man in these serious times for a president. This is the moment you elect a man or woman to be a president for and he is failing at every turn.

Someone said it last fall that November was a long time off and there would be plenty of time for Trump to mess things up for his reelection. Seven months from now things may only be the same if we're are lucky and Trump will still not have any good Ideals.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 04-24-2020 at 01:13 PM..

14,267 posts, read 6,884,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Zoom View Post
I just woke up and starting seeing these sorts of headlines and threads everywhere. Since i've learned to never believe anything negative said about Trump unless I see verifiable, unedited, clear, original video, I waited until i finally found a thread. And sure enough Trump said no such thing.

The TDS community went straight from pretending he said "Mexicans are rapists" and "some Nazis are very fine people" to pretending that he said "people should inject themselves with disinfectant". I'm actually getting pretty good at figuring out if the headlines are lies or not before sourcing the video. Lord knows I'm getting enough practice.
You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. If you watched the video, I would call it a listening comprehension problem.

And now I just saw a clip of Trump from this morning saying he was being sarcastic yesterday.

23,769 posts, read 28,881,934 times
Putin in one of his brainstorming sessions; "...oooh, oooh...I know, I know, How 'bout I tell Stupidnik that we are curing our people by injecting them with...Bleach!"

<laughter fills the room>

Old 04-24-2020, 01:03 PM

8,324 posts, read 4,299,349 times
Now that most of the world has pointed out to Trump now appallingly stupid he is, he says he was just being sarcastic. My bad, just kidding.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:04 PM

17,720 posts, read 13,435,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And the liberal left just eat up the lying media's twists and spins of Trump's words just like clockwork. Many times liberals are the initiators of it themselves. They have no shame in their hatred of Trump.
Trump stated that the disinfectant knocks it out in a minute. There’s not liberal media there just a Trump being stupid. All hail the idiot and chief.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ7U...&feature=share
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies