Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 01:36 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,066,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Lol. You’ve gone from repeating the same line about disinfectant companies to the “100 calls in Maryland”.

Are you even aware, I wonder, of just how often you repeat yourself?
It's difficult for you to comment on the president's idiocy so you decide to post about another poster instead. We get it. It's embarrassing being all in for a moron. Embarrassment comes with the territory of being a Trump supporter--for those who have enough intelligence to understand how embarrassing he is, at least. And I think you do.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:36 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVLNATIVE View Post
I watched videos of the press conference. Go to YouTube and search for "Trump Lysol".

He most certainly suggested having Lysol injected into people.

Vile moron.
You provide a link and a quote. I suspect you won't because it isn't true.

We have all seen the video of the press conference. If you have more than that, please provide a link to it.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:37 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Lol. You’ve gone from repeating the same line about disinfectant companies to the “100 calls in Maryland”.

Are you even aware, I wonder, of just how often you repeat yourself?
They probably get over 100 calls on any given day.

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Asking a question and making a statement of fact are two very different things. If somebody with no medical training asks what seems to be a stupid question, it is not a statement of fact. Trump asked what seems to be a pretty stupid question. He did not recommend injecting bleach or any other disinfecting agent into the bloodstream.

As it turns out, asking stupid questions has led to some truly remarkable scientific breakthroughs. Copernicus defied all of the established science of his time when he stuck the Sun at the center instead of the Earth. That's how modern brainstorming works. Sometimes a diverging outside opinion can get you started down the road towards an excellent solution. Trump is a businessman. He's used to tossing out obscure, barely fleshed out ideas in boardroom settings and letting the experts run with it.

I agree with you--however I doubt the question initially came from him. Scientific breakthroughs are often developed over the course of trying to solve some of the most complex problems that need immediate answers and solutions. What sounds more likely, is that within the task force, experts were brainstorming and tossing around ideas, some of which were in a testing phase, and some of which may have sounded "interesting" to him (I heard the PC and I read the transcript).

My guess is, someone brought it up, and he had some follow up questions about it. From there, during the press conference he probably wanted to share some of the progress that they were making on it, not knowing that there are many "journalists" and meme experts looking for any opening that they could get to make him look 'unelectable.'

But hey, why make sense of any of this?

If someone wants him out of office badly enough, it's easier to spread the idea that and the false narrative that Trump is advising that people inject colrox and lysol introveneously and then claim that the rest of us are in denial about it.

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
You provide a link and a quote. I suspect you won't because it isn't true.

We have all seen the video of the press conference. If you have more than that, please provide a link to it.
Does it really matter what the brand name of the disinfectant is? Or not? The fact of the matter is it's a disinfectant. A poison. Geez.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:38 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Yes I do. That's because some on here refuse to get it. So I have to keep repeating myself. It's exhausting, really. If people would just accept the facts, then I could get some rest.
Ok. I get it now. You have such a strong belief in your core values that you grow agitated and feel like you need to repeat yourself over and over again when confronted with opinions that don’t align with your own.

There’s a name for that, you know. It’s called narcissism.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:38 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
At this point, we are all Dr. Brix.

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/stat...99235800899584

Old 04-24-2020, 01:39 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
No. Some people just have the intelligence to know that injecting disinfectant into our lungs or bodies, isn't really a good idea. If it were, I'm pretty sure the experts would have figure this out for other viruses.

Trump is out of his league. He is grasping at any hope for a cure or treatment. He shouldn't be thinking out loud, or asking questions while doing a press conference. If he had any intelligence, he would ask his silly questions in private, so that at the very least when he stands in front of the camera, he wouldn't look and sound so utterly idiotic.
Are there disinfecting agents that are not toxic that one can actually inject into the bloodstream? Maybe, I have no idea. I know that we do things like kidney dialysis, where we literally filter a person's blood for them. As I was digging into this mess, I found out that Hydrogen Peroxide can be used in nebulizers so that it can be inhaled and that this is a legit treatment for infections in the lungs. I didn't know that. I thought that Hydrogen Peroxide would be toxic. There are old treatments using UV-light under the skin to treat illnesses and they actually worked pretty well. I didn't know that either.

I do agree that brainstorming sessions are best kept behind closed doors. Stupid questions lead to stupid people making stupid assumptions and stupid choices.

It's just annoying when the media takes everything that the idiot says to the worst possible conclusion every single time. This would be fine if they did it across the board. Instead, you're seeing the news media take Joe Biden's dementia-laden ramblings and then twisting them into coherent, insightful and timely statements.

Old 04-24-2020, 01:39 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
This just proves there are many out there that lack critical thinking skills and just don't know when not to take things literally.

I just looked at a tube of toothpaste, it had a warning not to ingest it. Trump must have mentioned something about that as well , huh ?

It was easy for me to understand what he meant because I understand the "lingo" as I'm originally from the region he's from - for most though, they wouldn't understand and I say this as a Trump voter and will again warts and all.
Critical thinking skills???? - for many that was wiped away when they contracted TDS and are beholden to their MSM masters.
Tube of toothpaste - please don't give someone else here any ideas lol!

Old 04-24-2020, 01:41 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
At this point, we are all Dr. Brix.

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/stat...99235800899584

You got here too late! It's already here times "x".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies