Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,177,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Ingesting Lysol might be a cure for Trump's Deranged Supporters? Hmm...we might need to reconsider Trump's idea.

Ha - Ha - Ha!!! I guess "Touche' "

I can take a joke! lol! Have a good one.

Watch some lab find that injecting/injesting Lysol actually treats or cures "something".

Old 04-24-2020, 02:04 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,424,958 times
Trump nuts, see below and take the appropriate actions (I see you already did):

Quote:
Donald Defense Talking Points:
"He didn't say it.
If he said it, he didn't mean it.
If he did mean it, you didn't understand it.
If you did understand it, it's not a big deal anyways.
If it is a big deal, others have said worse."
(repeat as needed)
And if all else fails, BLAME THE MEDIA!

Old 04-24-2020, 02:05 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,168,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Chemotherapy is poison yet it can save a life. Rat poison not so much.

Trump was asking about medical use of a medical disinfectant by medical professionals.

Come on people.
He was speaking to Bill Bryans statements about using bleach and alcohol to disinfect surfaces. Trump said right after Bryan finished speaking "And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning."

Old 04-24-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
I cant believe the dims even go on about this. It was sarcasm toward a reporter, probably another disrespectful one at that. ya know nasty fake news reporters, they are all over
He was addressing Dr Birx and Bill Bryan, neither of which are reporters. There is video.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:11 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,995,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Antibodies have never and will never be referred to as "disinfectant".

It is clear that he meant household cleaners due to the fact that it was what the discussion was surrounding. Trump isn't even disputing this, just giving the weak excuse that he was being "sarcastic". I don't know why people are still trying to argue that he didn't mean household cleaners.
I'm not disputing any misuse of the word "disinfectant." he clearly in this context was referring to antibodies....but liberals say "duuuuuhhhh he meant clorox....duhhhhhh"

Nothing personal, but anyone who really thinks that he was referring to household cleaning products deserves to have "disinfectants" used on them. Anyone who read the transcript and/or heard everything that was said--knows that this is being taken out of context. The willful ignorance on this actually winning on this board.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:11 PM

12,920 posts, read 13,613,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Chemotherapy is poison yet it can save a life. Rat poison not so much.

Trump was asking about medical use of a medical disinfectant by medical professionals.

Come on people.
There is no such thing as a "medical disinfectant" that should come into contact with a humans body. Disinfectants are registered with the EPA as pesticides just like rat poison.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,823,970 times
I just saw it, I don't see it being sarcastic. That said, a press breifing is no time to be sarcastic. Leave that for Twitter rants about negative press covfefe. Whatever the Hell that is...

Old 04-24-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
Does he mention Lysol and bleach? No. He does specifically mention disinfectant. Of which they discussed previously how bleach kills coronavirus.

Even not saying bleach, specifically mentioning disinfectant as something to look into injecting is dangerous. Even in jest, even in sarcasm. It's a momentously stupid thing to say.
He mentioned disinfectant to Bill Bryan who just moments before was talking about studies showing that disinfectants like bleach and alcohol killed the virus on surfaces in 30 seconds. Neither bleach nor alcohol should be ingested, inhaled, or injected into the human body. We teach this to our children, yet the president seems to not know this.

Old 04-24-2020, 02:15 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,424,958 times
Yes, he did suggest it, and his full quote speaks for itself. How do you take that out of context? He suggested we look into whackadoodle ideas. We know how to read and comprehend.

Just more smoke and mirrors from Trump die-hards to tell us we didn't hear what we know we just did and blame the media for publishing what he said. This is a tactic also known as "insulting our intelligence."

Old 04-24-2020, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I'm not disputing any misuse of the word "disinfectant." he clearly in this context was referring to antibodies....but liberals say "duuuuuhhhh he meant clorox....duhhhhhh"

Nothing personal, but anyone who really thinks that he was referring to household cleaning products deserves to have "disinfectants" used on them. Anyone who read the transcript and/or heard everything that was said--knows that this is being taken out of context. The willful ignorance on this actually winning on this board.
No one was talking about antibodies. Bill Bryan had just finished talking about topical disinfectants like bleach and alcohol, Trump was talking to Mr Bryan. Mr. Bryan never once mentioned antibodies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.