Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 08:07 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Just like their dear leader. So much class.

Not really sure what you posted..i was about to report it for trolling..but perhaps its not trolling, but rather ignorance. Either way, you should really stop embarrassing yourself by doing a bit of research
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 08:21 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
You can google it yourself. But here's one recent article.

https://nypost.com/2020/04/23/hydrox...ew-york-study/

I'm not a doctor or scientist. I'm a business owner and I'm staying as far away from this whole debacle as much as I can.

But listen to yourself. You are letting your hope of this drug working that you're dismissing studies and holding onto what Trump said even though in a recent press conference Trump has backed off from promoting this drug. And Fox News has stopped mentioning it. So...

I have said that I hope this drug works. But since I'm not a doctor or scientist, I'll wait for something conclusive about this. But I really do that it works. Actually, anything that works will be a plus in my eyes.

Let me ask you this. Are you willing to say out loud right now that if further studies confirm that this drug doesn't work and that it may do more harm than good, are you willing to back off from promoting this drug? Just say it out now. Use as many "if"s as you want.
I refereenced numerous testimonials and could have done more. It's more than hope because it has worked and saved many lives.

I haven't mentioned Trump once in this discussion.

Even in what you posted - there weren't any ill effects, it just didn't work. But from the numerous accounts I posted, it clearly has worked well with many people. It's been around for decades. If it was harmful, it would have been removed by now.

I'm not solely depending on the scientists. I'm looking at them and real world results - and as long as people (not necessarily every single instance) are having positive results. And it goes beyond just hearing the results. It makes a difference what the control data is. People tend to take results and just run with them for political purposes.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:24 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
You left out She hates whites. LOL

She is filled with fake outrage. It's part of her act.

My congressman? He is phony SOB and will never get my vote either. LOL.
Did she say she hated white people? If so, show me.

Many whites prefer mealy mouthed blacks. If we have the temerity to actually show our displeasure with something, then we’re racists and hate whites. We aren’t allowed to be angry, or we’re considered “militant.” Many whites reserve anger and militancy for themselves. It’s ludicrous.

Fake outrage? Really now? That’s one thing that she doesn’t need to gin up for the cameras. She IS outraged, and there’s no shortage of things for her to be justifiably outraged about. In fact, I’m outraged by the same things she’s pyssed off about. Hell, she’s not outraged enough if you ask me.

So again, I don’t get the hostility towards Waters. What you see is what you get.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:26 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,112,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I refereenced numerous testimonials and could have done more. It's more than hope because it has worked and saved many lives.

I haven't mentioned Trump once in this discussion.

Even in what you posted - there weren't any ill effects, it just didn't work. But from the numerous accounts I posted, it clearly has worked well with many people. It's been around for decades. If it was harmful, it would have been removed by now.

I'm not solely depending on the scientists. I'm looking at them and real world results - and as long as people (not necessarily every single instance) are having positive results. And it goes beyond just hearing the results. It makes a difference what the control data is. People tend to take results and just run with them for political purposes.
Well, I can find testimonials of people getting abducted by aliens and getting anal probed. Just saying.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Amazing !!! Just amazing !!!

Clearly someone is playing without a full deck in the house of cards !!!
Prove me wrong.

In fact, her honesty is what most of you hate about her. You want her to be a phony like your congressmen.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:43 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
We need to know a little more about this dying sister. How old is she? What is her general health condition prior to events in this Age of Corona? What about her health history? What is the family health history? How long did her parents live? How did other siblings die?

Maxie is going to play this for all it’s worth. Her sister dies either way, so she’ll get what mileage she can from it.

Old 04-24-2020, 08:47 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Did she say she hated white people? If so, show me.

Many whites prefer mealy mouthed blacks. If we have the temerity to actually show our displeasure with something, then we’re racists and hate whites. We aren’t allowed to be angry, or we’re considered “militant.” Many whites reserve anger and militancy for themselves. It’s ludicrous.

Fake outrage? Really now? That’s one thing that she doesn’t need to gin up for the cameras. She IS outraged, and there’s no shortage of things for her to be justifiably outraged about. In fact, I’m outraged by the same things she’s pyssed off about. Hell, she’s not outraged enough if you ask me.

So again, I don’t get the hostility towards Waters. What you see is what you get.

All y'all shudda stayed at the back of the bus.

Some people can't handle uppity women, especially black ones.

They make some whites really scared.

I'm remembering that cartoon part of 'Bowling for Columbine'.

My kids drank colored water. My subdivision collected money in the middle of the night to buy a house to keep blacks from moving in. I had to pay poll tax. All kinds of tricks are being instituted to keep some people from voting. I've been pissed about all that and I'm white. IDK how I could handle it if I were black.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:06 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Well, I can find testimonials of people getting abducted by aliens and getting anal probed. Just saying.
And we know scientists have faked their data - or at times, they have just been wrong.

Did you see this earlier this week?

These are the experts... "sloppy laboratory practices"...

CDC’s failed coronavirus tests were tainted with coronavirus, feds confirm

As the new coronavirus took root across America, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention sent states tainted test kits in early February that were themselves seeded with the virus, federal officials have confirmed.

The contamination made the tests uninterpretable, and—because testing is crucial for containment efforts—it lost the country invaluable time to get ahead of the advancing pandemic.

The CDC had been vague about what went wrong with the tests, initially only saying that “a problem in the manufacturing of one of the reagents” had led to the failure. Subsequent reporting suggested that the problem was with a negative control—that is, a part of the test meant to be free of any trace of the coronavirus as a critical reference for confirming that the test was working properly overall.

Now, according to investigation results reported by The New York Times, federal officials confirm that sloppy laboratory practices at two of three CDC labs involved in the tests’ creation led to contamination of the tests and their uninterpretable results.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:08 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
We need to know a little more about this dying sister. How old is she? What is her general health condition prior to events in this Age of Corona? What about her health history? What is the family health history? How long did her parents live? How did other siblings die?

Maxie is going to play this for all it’s worth. Her sister dies either way, so she’ll get what mileage she can from it.
Exactly - there are few pictures of the family let alone any bios.

If it's the sister in the wheelchair - than she has some pre-existing condition that has already compromised her immune system making her more vulnerable.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...108&ajaxhist=0

I'm not making light of the subject and wish her well despite the feeling I have for Maxine.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:11 AM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Perhaps she needs to wake up and blame Communist China since they're the ones that inflicted this on the world. But her hatred of Trump and America is too deep for that!
Truth, it's the greedy corporations who would rather exploit slave labor than pay a decent wage that is to blame. And both sides are guilty of this. From Kaepernick signing deals with Nike which happens to have their sweat shops in China to Trump who had his campaign memorabilia made in China.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies