Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 11:32 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,944,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
We are still waiting for the Chinese N95 masks thanks to China Biden's son.
Huh? What are you trying to say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 11:33 AM

5,728 posts, read 3,248,323 times
I am still going to vote for Trump 2020. Biden has no message, same as Hillary. And any message that comes out of the left is way extreme. Biden is a creepy old man that I would not near my kids. He son is a train wreck and should be investigated as to why he was on the board of a gas company at the urging of his father.

Trump accomplished more than Obama did. If people didn't take advantage of the good economy that was on them. This pandemic was not caused by Trump even though the left wants it to be his fault.

Just remember, the left was feverishly trying to undermine Trump the day he was elected. Their anointed Queen was not voted despite what the paid liberal media was saying about the polls.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:36 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,070,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Irrefutable item on that list:

Pushes unproven treatments to Americans and some of his supporters actually listen and worsen their situation. There was a study by the VA about patients taking hydroxychloroquine, which Trump touted in a press conference. "What do you have to lose?"

Admitted patients that took that drug died at a rate about 3-4 times higher than those who didn't.

Literally... he's killing people.

The President has no business giving medical advice. Even worse, it isn't like he is listening to his Coronavirus team when it comes to this. He has platform where millions of Americans are listening to him, gives them bad medical advice which is then refuted later by actual medical professionals ON his team.

Literally, Trump walked into a VA hospital and gave hydroxychloroquine to patients??? He is literally going in and killing people? You know that's what Literally means, right?

That drug is still being tested and is still hopeful. When it's being given to gravely ill patients to treat a very new virus, it's going to take more than one short three week trial to prove one way or the other. One small sample of gravely ill patients is NOT a reliable result.

Many doctors ( hint: not just Trump) are still testing it, and other drugs, and many doctors are still hopeful about it.

It's not wrong for Trump to announce things that might be hopeful. Really, if that's the biggest thing he's done wrong, he's doing well indeed.

Really, it's irrational responses like that that force me to defend the silly stuff.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:36 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,944,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
He formed a different team that is much more powerful.

Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Be more specific. Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Be more specific. Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

No one "grasped the seriousness of the situation" before he did.

So which is it now? failed to take it seriously or he looked scared? Be more specific. Need specific things that would have saved lives that he didn't do.

Like what.

Who could have possibly provided more supplies sooner? Where would these supplies have come from?

Some fog of war here. But of what consequence was it?

So? That's what problem solving looks like in a crisis... people disagree.

What was the consequence?

No, he encouraged protest about silly restrictions that went far beyond those protocols, and

Where are these supplies supposed to come from? Who could have made them faster? What state doesn't have what they need and who could get more faster?

There....I wanted ONE good example, not a big laundry list, but I tried to give attention to each thing on your list. The vast majority are stylistic complaints that would not have made ONE bit of difference in ONE case.

So I'll ask again.... Beyond just "Trump being all Trumpy" - what has Trump done wrong, and what would you imagine someone else could have done sooner, or better?
You are the one who needs to be more specific... in how you read and comprehend someone else's post. We are having a serious discussion here. Not looking for gotcha questions here.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Pondering on national TV about injecting or inhaling poison is a style issue?
Yes... actually. He's asking what might be possible. Starting a conversation.... wondering aloud.

You can argue whether he should do that, but that's a style issue. That's what he did.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:44 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,026,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I voted for the man, thought we could "shake things up" and boy did he do that. But for me the problem is that he hasn't come through on any of his promises at all.

- very little change to immigration.
- Do we have a wall?
- Infastructure?
- health insurance?

None of it... we have none of it.

But these have been some of the worse years of my life... with almost every year having some epic drama to wade through.

- attacking Syria
- Replacing staff left and right.
- the drama with North Korea
- the drama shutting down the government?
- Coronavirus.

This last one is the end. Not only was Trump completely out to lunch (and still is) but he seem to not even be supporting the people who elected him. He is acting like a liberal at the same time that they do nothing but attack him. He clearly doesn't have a leadership bone in his body. I even suspect this corona virus was a way for China to get out from under the "trade war" -- and probably wouldn't have ben released if Trump wasn't so obvious about his plans to put them under pressure.

In any event, I am done. He has brought this country to absolute ruin in 4 years. I don't like Biden but maybe I can get back to some semblance of life.
I agree with everything you say except I didn't vote for him, I saw this coming.

Trump was riding on the coat tails of the previous administration and was on a skyward trajectory but Trumps history of bankruptcy tactics crumbled in all.

Look how the Bush and Obama friendship bloomed, that shows how people can put aside partisan politics and not make it personal, Trump never has and never will.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
You are the one who needs to be more specific... in how you read and comprehend someone else's post. We are having a serious discussion here. Not looking for gotcha questions here.

I asked what Trump has failed to do that he should have done. Specific examples that the critics think he's failing to accomplish, and what he could have done better.

It may be a gotcha question because there isn't anything... but then we have to stop saying he has FAILED at his job, don't we?

Old 04-24-2020, 11:50 AM

13,927 posts, read 5,613,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
It means we don’t have all the media distractions of “did trump mean this or did he mean that?”
And this cures the virus, stops its spread or fixes the economy how exactly?
Quote:
"Soon" is what one tells a 4 year old who is looking forward to his next birthday.

Do you really think that not being accurate and detailed is helpful?
If he is more accurate and detailed...this cures the virus, creates immunity, fixes the economy?

I am trying to understand how exactly Trump's words alone fix all of the problems, since his speaking poorly seems to cause them?

Old 04-24-2020, 11:58 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,991,749 times
As an independent my thoughts are that we need a balanced approach. The two party system may not be nowhere near perfect but it’s the best we have.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:13 PM

8,470 posts, read 4,718,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
As an independent my thoughts are that we need a balanced approach. The two party system may not be nowhere near perfect but it’s the best we have.
I get where you’re coming from. Would be nice to swap out which two parties we have now and then though. Our system really is set up for two parties, so having multiple parties a la Europe isn’t going to happen.

Within that, though, I agree in having balance. Both need each other to provide that balance. Going all to one side or the other wouldn’t be good, plus they need the other side to play off of and get people fired up. They actually end up reinforcing each other which is how we dig ourselves deeper and deeper into division. But in a sense better to have those two sides than to go back to 1932 in Germany where there is no counterbalance and so instead, the other side you fire up your supporters against are the Jews.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies