Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 09:42 AM

25,438 posts, read 17,134,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Reusable bags can still be used, provided one applies some caution.

Plastic bags are making a comeback because of COVID-19

I just air mine out and don't use them again for 4-5 days.
Yeah.
I little common sense and away we go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2020, 09:43 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,210,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Reusable bags are nasty.
They're also washable.

Old 04-24-2020, 09:48 AM

18,336 posts, read 8,162,371 times
too funny....

so the same people claiming people are so stupid they OD on Trump drugs...
...are now saying people are smart enough to wash reusable bags

Old 04-24-2020, 10:29 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,348,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Liberals want to take away our plastic and our freedom!
Yes, they do.

Remember when lefties got their boxers twisted about how we were killing trees by using paper bags? They wanted us to use plastic bags, so we did. Now, they want to take our plastic bags cuz we're "destroying" the environment by using them. Now, lefties say it's okay to use them on account of Covid????? But aren't we "destroying" the environment by using them? Confused, double-message group they are.

Why can't they just leave us plastic-bag lovers alone and go after real crimes, like illegals who are violating our laws by crossing our borders illegally and drug-addict transients who use illegal drugs and damage our environment with human waste, garbage and used needles?

Old 04-24-2020, 10:38 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,067,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Aren’t we destroying the planet with plastic bags...hey libs please make up your mind what we supposed to do...
Why do so many of the new threads you create (and you create a lot of them) seem to have such an angry vibe to them, attempting to attack people? You threads come off as very aggressive and abrasive in tone.

Do you dislike everyone that doesn't agree with you on fundamental issues?

Old 04-24-2020, 11:30 AM

2,847 posts, read 964,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
How much of a concern are reusable grocery bags accumulating bacteria?
Bacteria is not the greatest concern. Covid-19 is a virus and if it's on your reusable bags, it can be transferred to other surfaces. The risk is that the checkout person will touch it, pick up the virus and pass it on to someone else or get sick themselves.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:34 AM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
I’m scratching My Head

The fact that you don't understand comes as no surprise. Don't worry your little head about it. People who DO understand will do the thinking that you are apparently incapable of.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:34 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,346 posts, read 80,679,251 times
You can use your own cloth bags if you go to the self-checks. Our cashiers will not use them, and it makes sense. Better yet, though, just pay 5 cents for the paper bags. I don't think even for 4 bags that 20 cents will blow your budget.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:38 AM

8,400 posts, read 4,654,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Aren’t we destroying the planet with plastic bags...hey libs please make up your mind what we supposed to do...
It’s the leftists who have a problem with plastic, not liberals.

I don’t know why we didn’t split the difference - we really only got plastic bags after moving to Texas. Before it was paper bags with nice handles which I actually would still prefer were that an option. They tend to be more useful for household garbage since you can actually get them to stand up, and they organize much more easily in the trunk/cargo area of your car. That they’re more environmentally friendly doesn’t really matter that much to me, but it always left me scratching my head as to why bag bans or charging for bags was a logical next step vs. just using paper.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:39 AM

8,654 posts, read 11,032,673 times
There should be news about PPE waste. It’s littered all over the floor out there. It’s the people that are animals... I re use all my plastic bags
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies