Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 10:43 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There has never been a situation where HEALTHY people were quarantined.
I can think of several. The various plagues that swept through the Roman Empire. Later plagues in the Medieval Period.

I would also point out that you do not understand the definition of "quarantine."

It's not like a SWAT sniper is positioned on the roof across the way to shoot you if you step outside your front door.

Quote:
People who have low low low risk of getting sick. Do not need nor have EVER needed to be quarantined.
Unfortunately, those people do not have the scarlet letters "LR" tattooed on their foreheads identifying them as low-risk.

Nostradamus was many things, including a doctor. He worked feverishly (no pun intended) on plague victims 12-16 hours a day for months.

He never got the plague, but his wife and son in quarantine at home did, because he brought it home to them.

They died, but he didn't.

I guess Nostradamus was "low low low risk" (but his wife and son were not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No, because the rate of transmission was extremely low.

Rapid transmission rate = Bad

Low/slow transmission rate = Not Bad

I would have thought you'd been smart enough to figure that out.
Quote:
But thanks for the insult, GOOD ON YOU!!!!! Feel good about yourself, you insulted a poster on an anonymous forum!!!! GOLD STAR.

EYEROLL
So, you admit you can't grasp the concept.

Nostradamus did not get Plague, but he did transmit it to his wife and child who died.

Get it?

Perhaps you think of yourself as one of God's Chosen Few who is "low low low risk" and will not experience symptoms, but you will be transmitting it to other people and harming them.

Sorry, the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution does not grant you the right to bear COVID-19 as a fire-arm and spread it around.

Old 04-26-2020, 11:30 AM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Haha. Labor is outsourced because its cheaper and they can pollute more overseas.

The solution to global warming is depopulation, billl gates is obsessed with it.

Im not saying there ia evidence of a conspiracy here, but its alarming to see the lame arguments people use to dismiss the possibility.

Using statistics of US birth rates and overseas factories to conclude depopulation could not be a motive really makes me wonder what rock youve been hiding under.

Depopulation
I think in GA that's exactly whats going on

"scenes played out across the state Friday, the first day Republican Gov. Brian Kemp allowed gyms, barber shops, hair salons, tattoo parlors and bowling alleys to reopen their doors, just a few weeks after he issued a stay-at-home order to slow the spread of the coronavirus."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/24/us/ge...day/index.html

Old 04-26-2020, 11:38 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
Fauci predicted all of this a few years ago, stating that the Trump admin would face a new pandemic.
Now Fauci isn't a psychic, but he did conspire with globalists, like Bill Gates, to purposefully unleash a lab created virus on the general population, thus participating in mass murder.

Both him and Gates belong in prison at the very least.
So now we want to lock up doctors along with climatologists, college professors, unionized workers, Muslims, immigrants, anyone making less than $250K a year, pregnant teenagers, etc.
How about paranoid conspiracy theorists?

Old 04-26-2020, 12:19 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I can think of several. The various plagues that swept through the Roman Empire. Later plagues in the Medieval Period.

I would also point out that you do not understand the definition of "quarantine."

It's not like a SWAT sniper is positioned on the roof across the way to shoot you if you step outside your front door.

Unfortunately, those people do not have the scarlet letters "LR" tattooed on their foreheads identifying them as low-risk.

Nostradamus was many things, including a doctor. He worked feverishly (no pun intended) on plague victims 12-16 hours a day for months.

He never got the plague, but his wife and son in quarantine at home did, because he brought it home to them.

They died, but he didn't.

I guess Nostradamus was "low low low risk" (but his wife and son were not).

So, you admit you can't grasp the concept.

Nostradamus did not get Plague, but he did transmit it to his wife and child who died.

Get it?

Perhaps you think of yourself as one of God's Chosen Few who is "low low low risk" and will not experience symptoms, but you will be transmitting it to other people and harming them.

Sorry, the 2nd Amendment of the US Constitution does not grant you the right to bear COVID-19 as a fire-arm and spread it around.
All your assumptions are wrong. Since you have an apparent allergy to facts there is no way to address anything you've posted.

Old 04-26-2020, 12:20 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Healthy? hmm- how long do you know if you are really healthy after venturing out? Are you sick or mildly sick - or not sick at all, and maybe just a carrier?
Do you really not know when you are sick?

How do you determine whether to go to work in the morning?

Old 04-26-2020, 04:41 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
I see several presidents who did not experience outbreaks. Why would Fauci say without a doubt?
Do you know what a figure of speech is? It's used by forecasters all the time. For example, I live in Florida. Hurricane season is a big deal here, and I've heard several times that there will be, "without a doubt," xx number of major hurricanes in 20** (whatever year the forecast is made). It's a forecast that is shrugged off by those of us who have lived through hurricane season enough times to not go out and empty the grocery store of bread, milk, and eggs. Some people though, usually the ones who are recent transplants, take these "without a doubt" forecasts seriously.

The simple fact of the matter is that plagues and pandemics happen, and they even happen on a somewhat predictable timetable. We were past due for a major virus outbreak to hit the world, and globalism set up a scenario where a virus in China could rapidly spread to other countries. If anyone is to blame for the likely coming collapse of our economy it is the globalists who pushed manufacturing to other countries.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:20 PM

25 posts, read 25,546 times
"Some very unethical things have been done. This was created in China by the American government. This did not start on it's own.
The quarantine is also not needed to the degree they are making us do it. From day one of our current political system have they always talked bad about China, let's hope this is not 2003 all over again, but with China instead.

I also feel this "quarantine" has been manifested and took careful planning to do. This quarantine punishes everybody, and it is done so on purpose. So as you said PLANdemic indeed!

This will also make the current administration look good once all is said and done. It will make them look like a hero after. Again. this is a False Flag Operation, and intentionally causing inconvenience on purpose.

There are many red flags here that do not make sense, and this goes beyond simplistic political parties."

Old 04-26-2020, 09:47 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Do you really not know when you are sick?

How do you determine whether to go to work in the morning?
Asymptomatic means exactly that. No significant symptoms, they're just giving it to other people.

Old 04-26-2020, 10:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't think what happened now was planned. That's not to say they aren't planning for something similar, but this wan't it.

Two reasons

1- The vaccine isn't ready.
2- China's initial reaction was that this took them by surprise.

I also think that now that this has gotten out, and people are building up internal resistance to this (herd immunity), I don't think it will have the same effect in the future. So if they had plans with this specific virus, it's toast IMO.
The damage is already done for the most part.

Old 04-27-2020, 03:35 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
There has never been a situation where HEALTHY people were quarantined.

People who have low low low risk of getting sick. Do not need nor have EVER needed to be quarantined.

But thanks for the insult, GOOD ON YOU!!!!! Feel good about yourself, you insulted a poster on an anonymous forum!!!! GOLD STAR.

EYEROLL
Of course healthy people can be quarantined. That is the whole point, to keep healthy people who have been exposed to a communicable disease from circulating in the population long enough to see whether they are infected or not.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/c...in-a-pandemic/

"Quarantines are for people or groups who don’t have symptoms but were exposed to the sickness. A quarantine keeps them away from others so they don’t unknowingly infect anyone. "

Quote:
Haha. Labor is outsourced because its cheaper and they can pollute more overseas.

The solution to global warming is depopulation, billl gates is obsessed with it.

Im not saying there ia evidence of a conspiracy here, but its alarming to see the lame arguments people use to dismiss the possibility.

Using statistics of US birth rates and overseas factories to conclude depopulation could not be a motive really makes me wonder what rock youve been hiding under.
Gates has never advocated "depopulation". He has discussed ways to slow population growth, which is an entirely different concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
H1N1 occurred during Obama’s term.

SARS occurred during Bush’s term.

Neither were on the scale of a global pandemic.

It is challenging for a country to get worked up about a threat that does not hit home.

We all watched Wuhan, then Ital and failed to imagine this could happen in the US.
The 2009 H1N1 flu was indeed a pandemic. That just means it circulated globally. SARS never spread worldwide, fortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies