Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2020, 05:14 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times

Advertisements

Take our Democrat governor, nicknamed Governor Blackface due to his racist stunt in college, who has just announced that when we finally get to Phase 1, he has decided to keep us there until a treatment (that meets with his approval, I suppose) is available, OR until a vaccine is ready for market. His advisor initially said that could be 2 years (!!!!j, but in the uproar, he said it could be shorter, like 18 months.

That means certain businesses will not be allowed to open for the duration, and they will be driven to bankruptcy. Fewer businesses means much higher unemployment. More people will be moved onto the government dole, while others will escape to a state that is more supportive of workers, and our thriving state will be in a deep recession. At the same time, since no more than 10 people can gather in Phase 1, that means that for the next 18 months to 2 years, there will be no weddings, no funerals, no Bar mitzvahs, no retirement parties, no big holiday celebrations, and so forth.

1) This is far beyond what Fauci and Trump recommended - who said we could move into Phase 2 after a 14-day decrease in cases.

2) Will even the liberals in northern VA, who are always the driving force behind a Dem win, rebel against such restrictions to their freedom and go along with a recall?

3) How can we even get to Phase 1, which requires 14 consecutive days of a reduction in cases, when we are testing more people and that alone would account for more cases?

Last edited by Rachel976; 04-25-2020 at 05:26 PM..

Old 04-25-2020, 05:37 PM

1,768 posts, read 568,288 times
What are you asking? What the recall process is in your state? Other states? Google it. It usually involves signatures so if it means that much to you, get out there and start knocking on doors.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:43 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Sure, you can recall/impeach a governor. Check your state laws and have at it.

But I suspect you know that.

And I'd remind you that it's because we have a Trump administration that there is no real national strategy. Trump has said, several times, that it is up to the governors, and he accepts no responsibility. His administration issues guidelines only. Now personally, I'd prefer a national strategy, but...

Seems to me that as a Trump supporter, you're getting exactly what you wanted, but you'd rather whine.

My sympathy is limited.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:45 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
What are you asking? What the recall process is in your state? Other states? Google it. It usually involves signatures so if it means that much to you, get out there and start knocking on doors.
Buut...wouldn’t that involve more than just complaining on here???

Old 04-25-2020, 05:53 PM

7,139 posts, read 4,546,769 times
I don’t see any state being shutdown anywhere near that long. I expect most states to open up between the end of May or June.

Old 04-25-2020, 07:56 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I don’t see any state being shutdown anywhere near that long. I expect most states to open up between the end of May or June.
Other than Virginia. The governor just said he expects to keep his subjects....oops, I mean constituents.... in Phase 1, with limited openings, for 18 months to 2 years. This is draconian, and a power trip. Trump and Fauci said it might be around 4 - 6 weeks to move from one phase to the next, given the parameters they set, NOT two years.

The governor is putting all sorts of roadblocks up to make sure the state’s economy collapses. Businesses and employees will flee the state, and Virginia will become the poorest, most government-dependent state in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies