Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2020, 06:20 PM

17,632 posts, read 6,914,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We have some of the best medical professionals in the world, best infectious disease experts and medical systems and it is totally meaningless if you have governors like this who totally ignore science. So here we are back in April again in first place worldwide for new infections ahead of even Brazil and India while Europe is succeeding.

The behavior of these governors and Trump along with the behavior of those citizens who follow their lead is a national embarrassment.
The anti-Americanism of Trump's detractors coupled with their hatred of anyone who disagrees with their left wing extremism is the true national embarrassment. Russia and China are pleased with you though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2020, 06:34 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The anti-Americanism of Trump's detractors coupled with their hatred of anyone who disagrees with their left wing extremism is the true national embarrassment. Russia and China are pleased with you though.
Nothing in your response addresses why we are in last place in new infections, sure anyone that agrees with health experts is a Trump detractor. Better to have these states just using instincts rather than solid science.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nothing in your response addresses why we are in last place in new infections, sure anyone that agrees with health experts is a Trump detractor. Better to have these states just using instincts rather than solid science.
The reason we are in "last place" in new infections is because our testing capacity is massively greater than any other country on earth.

I'm also amused when folks from the party of 72 genders tell me about science. You don't even know what science is.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:51 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,964 times
Great going, conservative govs! Who needs science when you can just make it all up and believe conspiracy theories? You are sickening and killing thousands. It's amazing that so many people posting are expert epidemiologists.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
Great going, conservative govs! Who needs science when you can just make it all up and believe conspiracy theories? You are sickening and killing thousands. It's amazing that so many people posting are expert epidemiologists.
No, you and the Democrat Party and your riots/protests are the killers.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:53 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I wouldn't lump all the Republican Govs together, I think some of the responded well, DeWine comes to mind, I was going to say Montana, but I didn't realize he was Dem. I'm sure there are more.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2020, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't lump all the Republican Govs together, I think some of the responded well, DeWine comes to mind, I was going to say Montana, but I didn't realize he was Dem. I'm sure there are more.
No GOP governors slaughtered old people in nursing homes like multiple Democrat governors did.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:22 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The reason we are in "last place" in new infections is because our testing capacity is massively greater than any other country on earth.
This is very misleading and the way it is stated is probably not accurate at all.

Most of our tests (in contrast to other countries) are a result of people showing symptoms which need to be checked. As far as the number of actual cases, we are vastly under reporting them because this virus can spread while people are not showing symptoms.

Trump himself recently admitted that he has been obstructing the testing, and we have see evidence of that, but that little game does nothing to stop or inhibit the spread. Refusing to test people doen't make them healthy.

In other words, it is the symptoms which drive the testing which goes into the statistics. WE HAVE MORE CASES BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE WITH SYMPTOMS.

To this day, this very day, we do not have a comprehensive program to identify infected people and contact trace. That is the bare minimum we would have to do to get a handle on this disease in our country. It is what all other countries are doing.

28% of the world's dead - 4% of the world's population. Let that sink in.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:27 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,280,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Texas does not aspire to be like California. Nor should it.

Abbott is doing a great job and I am glad that he will continue to be in charge of all of this here in Texas. It is hard to imagine anyone doing a better job managing this situation than what he has done.
I know weed isn't legal in TX yet, so please point me to your source, because you sound high out of your mind

Old 06-26-2020, 07:35 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,891,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I know weed isn't legal in TX yet, so please point me to your source, because you sound high out of your mind
Your problem is you believe all the fake science on MSM media.
rank state deaths deaths per million

1 New York 31,346 1,611.30
2 New Jersey 13,129 1,478.10
3 Connecticut 4,287 1,202.40
4 Massachusetts 7,938 1,142.20
5 Rhode Island 912 860.9
6 District of Columbia 541 766.6
7 Louisiana 3,160 679.7
8 Michigan 6,114 612.2
9 Illinois 6,770 534.3
10 Delaware 505 518.6

29 California 5,684 143.9

41 Texas 2,286 78.8

Note that only solid blue Massachusetts of those in the top 10 have Republican governors.

And all but one of the 8 states that didn't close down at all is in the 15 lowest. And that state is in the bottom half.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies