Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2020, 06:22 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Not at all. While a store owner may prohibit certain behaviors (within reason, e.g., such as open carrying of a firearm), they cannot mandate customers' choices otherwise - if the store is open to the public. The owner can choose to not open, or to make their store a private club with entry restricted to club members (e.g., Costco) or perspective members who meet their criteria. Can a Christian store mandate that everyone wear a cross whilst shopping inside, because surely one's eternal soul is of more importance than their temporary corporal being? Muslims and Jews could probably come up with similar claims on proper attire.

Can you provide conclusive evidence that wearing a mask to prevent the spread of a virus actually works, given that a virus is much smaller than the openings in masks? We're told that scarves are adequate? Or any type of mask or face covering? I'd counter that nothing short of a sealed, full hazmat suit with a self-contained air supply and positive pressure would be necessary. Yet you think that your grandma can whip up something on her Singer which will protect just as well.

If you're living in fear, by all means stay at home. I support your choice fully. I'm not participating in the currently popular theater so that you may sleep better at night. If you want to come out and make a fashion statement with your sartorial choices, have at it. But keep your glares and finger wagging to yourself. I'm not subject to your fears.
They have the right to refuse service to anyone not wearing shoes, or a shirt. They can do the same to someone not wearing a mask.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:09 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,756 times
Why is there even talk of a second wave when they don't even know where the virus supposedly came from and they keep adding things to the symptoms list almost weekly?

It's like they know nothing about it because it's novel, but yet they supposedly know there will be a second wave...?

Things that make you go hmmm...

Old 04-27-2020, 07:21 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Why is there even talk of a second wave when they don't even know where the virus supposedly came from and they keep adding things to the symptoms list almost weekly?

It's like they know nothing about it because it's novel, but yet they supposedly know there will be a second wave...?

Things that make you go hmmm...
A second wave is nothing more than more people getting infected because more people are together again spreading the virus. That is not rocket science.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:26 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
A second wave is nothing more than more people getting infected because more people are together again spreading the virus. That is not rocket science.
There's the climate factor too. I suspect it will slow down during the heat and humidity of the summer, but come back strong in fall. But, I'm not a virologist, so who knows.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
But how do they know that this will happen when all of their other predicted data has been highly inaccurate?

We went from "OMG 3 million people are gonna die" to "60K people died of Covid (with an asterisk mark because you can have stage 4 cancer and somehow die from Covid)".

And there is still zero proof that social distancing and the masks were the reason for the lower death rate.

Sorry, but I'm gonna question every stat they put out, considering they have us on a lockdown for this.

They also went from "heat and sunlight won't kill the virus" to "oh yeah the virus can't really survive in heat and sunlight".

The data has been all over the place. So I question it. There have been some reports that say you can get COVID from cats and farts.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:49 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
But how do they know that this will happen when all of their other predicted data has been highly inaccurate?

We went from "OMG 3 million people are gonna die" to "60K people died of Covid (with an asterisk mark because you can have stage 4 cancer and somehow die from Covid)".

And there is still zero proof that social distancing and the masks were the reason for the lower death rate.

Sorry, but I'm gonna question every stat they put out, considering they have us on a lockdown for this.

They also went from "heat and sunlight won't kill the virus" to "oh yeah the virus can't really survive in heat and sunlight".

The data has been all over the place. So I question it. There have been some reports that say you can get COVID from cats and farts.
Liberals used to believe in questioning authority. Their new motto is obey authority without questioning it.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Liberals used to believe in questioning authority. Their new motto is obey authority without questioning it.
I'm still liberal (not according to the new definition of whatever this new liberalism is, though) but yes, I wonder why one doesn't question the numbers instead of shrugging and going with it. Especially since it has impacted literally ALL of our lives.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:53 PM

17,620 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
I'm still liberal (not according to the new definition of whatever this new liberalism is, though) but yes, I wonder why one doesn't question the numbers instead of shrugging and going with it. Especially since it has impacted literally ALL of our lives.
Well you're one if the classic liberals then. The scariest part about this entire situation is how everyone voluntarily turned over their entire lives to the government without a second thought. And we have half the country begging for it to be "safe" before they'll crawl out of their homes. It's pathetic and way sicker than COVID 19.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Well you're one if the classic liberals then. The scariest part about this entire situation is how everyone voluntarily turned over their entire lives to the government without a second thought. And we have half the country begging for it to be "safe" before they'll crawl out of their homes. It's pathetic and way sicker than COVID 19.
They BEGGED for it. It's scary. People are so easy to live in fear instead of simply taking time to research things. It's baffling to me.

Old 04-27-2020, 08:00 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
There's the climate factor too. I suspect it will slow down during the heat and humidity of the summer, but come back strong in fall. But, I'm not a virologist, so who knows.
Well the people in Central America and south Florida - don’t think that’s a valid point. This is about people passing some upper body fluid, how ever insignificant the amount, to the next person and infecting them. Our bodies are 98.6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies