Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 10:53 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
You might just think you had the sniffles.
The reason I asked, if you let all the confined out now- some have been good boys and girls, they might be free of any virus they might have had. In 4 months time, think those still out and about, be sick by now and seen a Dr. or quarantined? or have been tested. I guess the problem is not enough people stayed in place.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Has anyone here had, or know someone who had, the common flu in the past couple of months?
no not I

Old 04-28-2020, 11:21 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post

That's a different thread altogether.
It's exactly the same issue - how much control should the owner of a business in the public marketplace have over the customers who walk in the door?

Aside from being able to bar people who pass bad checks, shoplift, harass other customers, legal age restrictions, etc., my answer is that it should be a condition of the business license that the business must be open to ALL members of the public.

I base this on the principle that one person's money is as good as another's.

Sometimes it leads to outcomes I like, sometimes it doesn't. That's how you know it's a principle.
-

Old 04-28-2020, 11:25 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The reason I asked, if you let all the confined out now- some have been good boys and girls, they might be free of any virus they might have had. In 4 months time, think those still out and about, be sick by now and seen a Dr. or quarantined? or have been tested. I guess the problem is not enough people stayed in place.
We had it in Jan maybe even Dec. I don't see the rates going up any worse than they were then because no one even knew it was here. We were still shaking hands, dating, going to bars etc.

Old 04-28-2020, 12:19 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Has anyone here had, or know someone who had, the common flu in the past couple of months?
Check the flu stats. Amazingly, the flu has somehow vanished in the last 3 months! It's a miracle!

Old 04-28-2020, 12:22 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Check the flu stats. Amazingly, the flu has somehow vanished in the last 3 months! It's a miracle!

That was the point I was getting to...

Old 04-28-2020, 01:41 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
It's exactly the same issue - how much control should the owner of a business in the public marketplace have over the customers who walk in the door?

Aside from being able to bar people who pass bad checks, shoplift, harass other customers, legal age restrictions, etc., my answer is that it should be a condition of the business license that the business must be open to ALL members of the public.

I base this on the principle that one person's money is as good as another's.

Sometimes it leads to outcomes I like, sometimes it doesn't. That's how you know it's a principle.
-
I'm not going to take this off topic. Start another thread or revive an old one. A business is open to all of the public. It does not mean that the business is obligated to sell items not routinely available, particularly when there is an artistic aspect to the item produced by the skills of the store.

Back on topic. I do not believe that a business can restrict customers based on wearing a mask - or not - as wearing or not wearing a mask has no impact on the business actions. Each customer must decide on their own whether to enter the premises or not based on their personal perceived risk.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I'm not going to take this off topic. Start another thread or revive an old one. A business is open to all of the public. It does not mean that the business is obligated to sell items not routinely available, particularly when there is an artistic aspect to the item produced by the skills of the store.

Back on topic. I do not believe that a business can restrict customers based on wearing a mask - or not - as wearing or not wearing a mask has no impact on the business actions. Each customer must decide on their own whether to enter the premises or not based on their personal perceived risk.
Like another poster pointed out- if they can tell you at BANKS not to wear a hat or shades or at a grocery store- shoes a must, or a night club no shorts, a nice restaurant none with out a jacket, the 7-11 shirts must be worn, No dogs, or in H-Depot NO snakes-- I was there -an airline- no hot pants or was it yoga pants, anyhow -yes they can.

Old 04-28-2020, 01:50 PM

8,232 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
There were a few people in my building who have had the flu.

The interesting thing was other people's reaction. Everyone worried about new virus. It was like "I just have the flu" and everyone was like 'whew' and no further concern. Usually people with the flu are avoided.

Old 04-28-2020, 05:40 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
There were a few people in my building who have had the flu.

The interesting thing was other people's reaction. Everyone worried about new virus. It was like "I just have the flu" and everyone was like 'whew' and no further concern. Usually people with the flu are avoided.

Did they get tested or just assume?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies