Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 05:27 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,990,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
How ironic. I'm Black, and I don't try to escape "whiteness". I just want people to treat me with respect. I do not seek to get away from Whites.
You might if you lived in Portland. You see there is 1-white, and there is the progressive 2-"whiteness".

1-Just normal people who lack much pigment. Can be OK or can be dicks, just like anybody else.

2-People who lack much pigment but suffer the simultaneous conditions of self loathing, arrogance, entitlement, anger and condescension.

Dont get it? Never mind that's ok. It's a white thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 06:58 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Here is the county website for that area. It's enlightening....

https://multco.us/diversity-equity

Old 04-26-2020, 07:16 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
These are mostly guilt ridden whites and they pay blacks and browns to berate them and tell them how racist and guilty they are for being born with less pigment....this should be studied as to why they do this.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:40 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
‘cuz that’s really important.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...32998832803840
One of the things that I disliked and saw its growth in the past 5 years is the race grevienace industry in which white liberals cringly worship and bow down to illogical black thought leaders, this also goes for feminism and gender aswell. However people have a right to share ideas, and follow it as such just as long as such ideas don't pose a threat to one's life or livelihood. If white liberals want people of color ot have thier own safe space during the time of Covid. White liberals and black thought leaders but put in place black brown, (except Nigerian & West Indian) and indigenous doctors for treatments, and dare better not use Asian and Hispanic health practioners either. Also put in black, brown and indigenous grocers, and anything else in which that can help serve such community.

Yes black brown and Native Americans suffer from Covid more than any other group, but other groups are also dying at a large rate too. Did White Supremacy infect marginalized people with the virus? No. China and Italy did. However, black/brown and Native Americans suffer from high rates of diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure due to poverty either by thier own choices, or due to years of Jim crow, slavery, red lining, white supremacy, colonization, male patriarchy, capitalism and the list goes on.

I don't think seperating people by race is the best option. During times like this, people must come together and we must do our very best for everyone regardless of moral position and political belief. Yes United States has historic issues of black and Native Americans which is horrible to today's moral standard. If white liberals andblack thought leaders want black brown an indeginous folks to be in their own separate spaces during covid pandemic. Than white liberals and black thought leaders must be responsible for any increased deaths during the separate safe space isolation movement.

Thats my two cents.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:47 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
As a minority I demand the government give me my own personal safe space inside Salma Hayek's bedroom...at bedtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5npjODgilJk

Old 04-26-2020, 07:53 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a free speech purest activist and major supporter of the 1A. I fully support this group within the boundaries of free speech.

I think these kids are idiots and it isn't productive what they are doing, but whatever,I'll support their right to have rights.
In agreement here. However if deaths increase under teh watch of Multnonmah equity and inclusion team. They must be held responsible for thier actions.

Old 04-26-2020, 08:00 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,012,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a free speech purest activist and major supporter of the 1A. I fully support this group within the boundaries of free speech.

I think these kids are idiots and it isn't productive what they are doing, but whatever,I'll support their right to have rights.
The problem is what would happen if the town or any group created a whites only place. We all know that it wouldn't fly. So why should this be allowed?

Old 04-26-2020, 09:03 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Black people contract and die from the coronavirus at a rate greater than that of white people. So, statistically speaking, Portland's white people stand to benefit from being separated from black people. (I'll bet some woke liberal heads will explode if they ever think about it in these terms.)

Old 04-26-2020, 09:12 AM

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
I am going to move to Tokyo and then claim that I need a safe space to escape Asianess.

Old 04-26-2020, 09:15 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I am going to move to Tokyo and then claim that I need a safe space to escape Asianess.
Given that the Japanese aren't afflicted with this racial-guilt stupidity, the "safe space" they'll provide for you is a seat on a plane departing from Japan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies