Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 02:15 PM

1,742 posts, read 959,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I'm not entirely sure what he expects Obama or Bush to do. My hope is on Biden becoming president and restoring the pandemic office and more boots on the ground for the CDC that were destroyed and weakening our response to the pandemic under the Trump administration. This has been a catastrophic disaster that never should have happened in America. Our model is a joke compared to countries that were actually prepared for this.
What country was prepared for this? Viruses cross borders no matter who is president. To think somehow that it would never have reached the United States, or that it never would have gotten to the point it is now, if we had Biden or Hillary or Bernie as president is ridiculous. I am not defending everything about Trump's response to this. I think in the beginning he didn't show any leadership, although I think by mid-March he has for the most part gotten things right. But I find it amusing that his earliest response to the virus, the ban on travel from China, was harshly criticized by virtually every Democrat, including your guy Joe Biden.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2020, 02:16 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
I call for the MEDIA to stop publishing what that Democrat hack says from now on.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:25 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
WRONG....but why am I not surprised. You are talking about the remake, not the original.
No, I'm not wrong.

M*A*S*H was released in January of 1970. It was directed by Robert Altman and written by Ring Lardner Jr., based on Richard Hooker's novel MASH: A Novel About Three Army Doctors.

It is the only theatrically released feature film in the M*A*S*H franchise, and it became one of the biggest films of the early 1970s for 20th Century Fox.

This film received five Academy Award nominations. This film was deemed "culturally significant" by the Library of Congress, and was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry. The Academy Film Archive preserved this film in 2000. This film inspired the television series, which ran from 1972 to 1983:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M*A*S*H_(film)

North Beach Person is correct about Timothy Brown being in both this film and the TV series, but he is wrong about Timothy Brown playing the role of "Spearchucker" in both.

Timothy Brown played "Spearchucker" in the TV series, and Fred Williamson (in his film debut) played "Spearchucker" in this film.

Timothy Brown played Cpl. Judson in this film.

Old 04-26-2020, 02:34 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
No, I'm not wrong.

M*A*S*H was released in January of 1970. It was directed by Robert Altman and written by Ring Lardner Jr., based on Richard Hooker's novel MASH: A Novel About Three Army Doctors.

It is the only theatrically released feature film in the M*A*S*H franchise, and it became one of the biggest films of the early 1970s for 20th Century Fox.

This film received five Academy Award nominations. This film was deemed "culturally significant" by the Library of Congress, and was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry. The Academy Film Archive preserved this film in 2000. This film inspired the television series, which ran from 1972 to 1983:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M*A*S*H_(film)

North Beach Person is correct about Timothy Brown being in both this film and the TV series, but he is wrong about Timothy Brown playing the role of "Spearchucker" in both.

Timothy Brown played "Spearchucker" in the TV series, and Fred Williamson (in his film debut) played "Spearchucker" in this film.

Timothy Brown played Cpl. Judson in this film.

Thanks for proving my point, you are wrong and that's why I said it was the remake...not the original....

Should I have said you are wrong.....you are talking about the movie, maybe, but since there was never a remake of mash, I assumed that you would understand that I was talking about the movie.....

Old 04-26-2020, 02:51 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,917,022 times
The meathead is rightly named. Lets ask him to denounce Maduro who is killing many thousands and starving millions.

Old 04-26-2020, 03:09 PM

764 posts, read 392,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I call for the MEDIA to stop publishing what that Democrat hack says from now on.
Amen!

Old 04-26-2020, 03:58 PM

78,413 posts, read 60,593,823 times
You know who I call upon to save us all?

Don Cheadle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwJaELXadKo

Old 04-26-2020, 04:13 PM

10,758 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Hollywood knows child molester Joe will not succeed in November.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:17 PM

45,380 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Thanks for proving my point, you are wrong and that's why I said it was the remake...not the original....

Should I have said you are wrong.....you are talking about the movie, maybe, but since there was never a remake of mash, I assumed that you would understand that I was talking about the movie.....
Well, I was the one who was wrong. I looked at the obituary, saw Brown was in the movie MASH and added 2+2. Unfortunately I got 5.

Old 04-26-2020, 04:20 PM

9,507 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Bridge the gap of divide in our country.

Why would Obama bridge a gap he created in the first place? Hate mongers don't build bridges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies