Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 08:22 AM

3,226 posts, read 6,640,353 times

Advertisements

Like with many other topics, COVID-19 has become the great topic of debate when it comes to conspiracy theories. I'm not one to jump into conspiracy rabbit holes and initially I kept my opinions and thoughts to myself and just waited to see how things played out. After 3 weeks, I became more vocal about my thoughts and I have come to the conclusion and being among those who definitely feel there's something fishy going on. On the other side of the token, we have those who are in full support of the lockdowns, quarantine, shelter-in-place, social-distancing, mandated mask and gloves and would want this to go on until there's absolute no more infections, deaths and want a vaccine.

So here are the theories that I have gathered:

Lockdowns/Quarantine/SIP (Shelter in place): Are used as a way to keep people from protesting certain policies that are being passed. Implement martial law and compliance, get us used to being distrusting of each other as citizens. Also as a way to make us more unhealthy as we don't leave the house as much.

5G towers being built: I personally have trouble believing in this one, it just doesn't make too much sense to me but since this virus, I have heard many talk about 5G.

Crashing the economy to introduce a cashless and one world economy: I can see this happening but not sure if I fully follow it for now.

One World Government: Seeing as that most of the world has followed the same Lockdown/SIP method, it seems plausible.

Vaccines: A mandatory/forced vaccine that will prevent you from working, traveling, shopping at certain stores, preventing you from doing many things. Will also trace and collect data from you (as if the government doesn't have enough info as it is).

Empty Hospitals: Dancing, Tik-Tok nurses, furloughed staff, doctors and nurses. Possible mannequins being showed in some videos?

Since this whole fiasco, I tend to be more on the "conspiracy theorist" side. I don't want to rear too much on the side of lunacy but as time goes on, its become pretty clear to me that many politicians, government and powers-that-be have certainly been overstepping their boundaries and using this situation as a power grab. The fear mongering has been nothing like I've ever seen and the data proves the opposite. The inconsistencies with this lockdown has been bogus to me too. What has been deemed essential and non-essential is very questionable. Many people I know are going to be permanently scared and in fear for the rest of their lives. To be fair they were always people in fear to begin with. I've been asking many more questions then just accepted the answers since this pandemic (or plandemic to some).

Where do you see yourself with this?

Old 04-29-2020, 09:48 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,678,784 times
Theory, observation as explanation. Most of the garbage spewed by internet theorists tend to serve their political aims, for the most part the people who lean toward these theories are those who would love to find the proof of those suspicions they normally just complain about online. It's seldom viewed in any way that would suggest the information has been properly vetted or peer reviewed, scientific or techno research would require that, but theories live in different environs, ranging from barroom pop culture theories to the extreme political kind, and most of them are totally baseless when put under the microscope.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies