Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 12:29 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Have you read your cite?

Overall, we rate the New York Times Left-Center biased based on word and story selection that moderately favors the left, but highly factual and considered one of the most reliable sources for news information due to proper sourcing and well respected journalists/editors. The failed fact checks that occurred were on Op-Ed’s and not straight news reporting. (5/18/2016) Update (M. Huitsing 9/18/2019)rom the reference...
I did, and although I'm not a subscriber, I find that most of their reporting to be factual, the editorials are a little unhinged though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2020, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep, either that or they are bored out of their mind and looking for anything to do...….even post a completely baseless conspiracy theory.
I'd like to think of it as a hypothesis.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, we have the whole globe shut down, including the US and if you're saying its just a media hoax, then I'd say the world leaders, including ours, are pretty weak minded. It would mean we shut down the country and burned $3 trillion for nothing.

China has opened up again. Did their leaders stop listening / believing to the media?
I believe the leaders of China are the media in China.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
That's a good point. There is no doubt that our economy will take a hit from this pandemic. But I also am confident that we will bounce back eventually. The country may look a lot different, and we may have to change the way we operate, but we will have prosperity again. This is not the end of the world.
This too shall pass. It seems we dodged a dangerous bullet. I do think it's only a matter of time before one of these novel viruses really kicks our butts though.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:35 PM

18,735 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
The possibility is zero
I agree. They can't try to destroy the economy again, since they have never stopped trying to destroy it the first time around. That effort continues, so there can be no "again".

As I said earlier in the thread:

What's the possibility that the media is trying to destroy the economy again?

No, the media is trying to HELP the economy. Problem is, the mainstream media thinks that adding more and more liberalism (govt intrusion and control), is what will help it.

Which is why they keep trying to destroy Trump 24/7/365 - they think that's their most important task, since he opposes their liberalism.

But in fact liberalism will hold the economy back, and even destroy it. No matter how many times the (liberal) media sees the economy held back as the country swings further left, they continue to believe it's not so. Just a little MORE liberalism will finally turn the trick.

No, the media is not trying to destroy the economy, any more than lemmings are trying to drown themselves. But both have the wrong idea of how to make things better.

Old 04-27-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Were you as distressed when prime time Fox News and other prominat Ebola Truthers ( Jones, Limbaugh, Trump etc) beat the Ebola drum long after it was known there was zero risk of public spread? Do you recall that prime time Fox News ceased reporting on Ebola the day after the 2014 midterms?

Did you hold Fox News, Limbaugh, Jones, etc accountable?

Unlike Ebola, the Federal Government issued Social Distancing and Gathering guidelines. Unlike Ebola, 43 states issued Stay at Home Orders. Unlike Ebola, POTUS, governors and mayors do daily briefings. Unlike Ebola, Congress and POTUS allocated $ Trillions with more to come. Unlike Ebola, the Admin projects the Unemployment rate could rival the Great Depression.

Unlike Ebola, the Treasury has injected $1.7 Trillion into the economy with $250 billion more being injected weekly to a cap of $4 trillion.

So yeah, Covid 19 dominates the news cycle. You choose to blame throw at CNN.

Would you prefer to speculate about KIm Jong Un?
I have studied up on Ebola for a number of years (The Hot Zone and others) and haven't been concerned about it. I remember that at one point there was a case of Ebola here in lab monkeys and that it wasn't dangerous to humans. Other than that I don't think I paid that much attention to it.

The influenza virus, especially a novel one, to me is way more dangerous than Ebola, which tends to kills it's victims before they can spread it around too much.

I didn't blame CNN, I asked that given the history of media trying to sway elections, does this seem more of the same political play in it's coverage or has the coverage caused the current administration to do things that weren't needed or perhaps were needed, or was it hype? Was CNN reporting facts when they started reporting back in Feb or was it a ploy to damage the administration?

Old 04-28-2020, 07:25 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,554,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
This forum has taught me that there’s no easier benchmark of an idiot than someone who thinks “the media” is some sort of singular entity, and not like, actual people doing different jobs within an industry.
with few, very few exceptions, they all push the same vile agenda.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
This forum has taught me that there’s no easier benchmark of an idiot than someone who thinks “the media” is some sort of singular entity, and not like, actual people doing different jobs within an industry.
I would agree with that except that there only two types of pathways in Journalism in order to become a journalist. Through college curriculum or free-lance. If all minds are being fed the same techniques, ideals, oaths, etc, then they are collectively going to think/act mostly alike.

That's why we can lump doctors, or lawyers, or realtors into groups as well, because they are trained to have certain standards, characteristics, traits, etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies