Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 11:30 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times

Advertisements

there have got to be false positives.....a woman who works in a bank here where I live...was told she had the virus after being tested....so the bank hired a cleaning company to disinfect the entire bank...she was sent home...and I thought, Oh God, now everyone else that works there is going to get sick...remember its supposed to be very contagious....no one else came down with it, that was 3 weeks ago...?

I'd be willing to believe she had something, but not corona

and I'm not saying the virus isn't real, but it isn't what they were projecting it is....

so now the next question is, is the whole thing arrogance and they can't admit it was overblown or is there something else going on?

Old 05-06-2020, 11:45 AM

989 posts, read 453,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
there have got to be false positives.....a woman who works in a bank here where I live...was told she had the virus after being tested....so the bank hired a cleaning company to disinfect the entire bank...she was sent home...and I thought, Oh God, now everyone else that works there is going to get sick...remember its supposed to be very contagious....no one else came down with it, that was 3 weeks ago...?

I'd be willing to believe she had something, but not corona

and I'm not saying the virus isn't real, but it isn't what they were projecting it is....

so now the next question is, is the whole thing arrogance and they can't admit it was overblown or is there something else going on?
We had an employee who got sick and tested positive. No one else at work got sick. But I believe she had it. It has taken her well over a month to recover. Lots of lung involvement and coughing It's contagious for sure but not so much that you will automatically always get it if you are near someone who has it.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:54 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
We had an employee who got sick and tested positive. No one else at work got sick. But I believe she had it. It has taken her well over a month to recover. Lots of lung involvement and coughing It's contagious for sure but not so much that you will automatically always get it if you are near someone who has it.
well, allow me to interject....a while back I got the flu...and I mean, really bad....thought I was going to die...and the cough lasted for a long time, a month or longer, don't remember....but it was a very deep dry cough...my girlfriend from work got it as well....she coughed up blood and actually cracked a rib from coughing...it settled in everyone's lungs and was very contagious..I have an immunity problem and everyone knew if they felt sick to stay out of my cube...and I took a lot of vitamins and got a good 8 hours sleep....but that one time I was sick, it was frightening...so? I don't know....I remember hearing stories from others who got the flu....after that, I started getting the flu shot.

I'm not one that wants to put a lot of chemicals in my body...and after all, all those meds, even over the counter meds are loaded with chemicals, aluminum, mercury, etc...

Old 05-06-2020, 12:15 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,067,752 times
The Director of the CDC is worried about a "second wave" that comes from reopening too soon.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...59842612330496

Old 05-06-2020, 12:22 PM

31,989 posts, read 34,536,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The Director of the CDC is worried about a "second wave" that comes from reopening too soon.

But he needs to re-open the economy and get the unemployment rate down to 15% by election day. That's his only hope!

Old 05-06-2020, 12:35 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,611,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well, allow me to interject....a while back I got the flu...and I mean, really bad....thought I was going to die...and the cough lasted for a long time, a month or longer, don't remember....but it was a very deep dry cough...my girlfriend from work got it as well....she coughed up blood and actually cracked a rib from coughing...it settled in everyone's lungs and was very contagious..I have an immunity problem and everyone knew if they felt sick to stay out of my cube...and I took a lot of vitamins and got a good 8 hours sleep....but that one time I was sick, it was frightening...so? I don't know....I remember hearing stories from others who got the flu....after that, I started getting the flu shot.

I'm not one that wants to put a lot of chemicals in my body...and after all, all those meds, even over the counter meds are loaded with chemicals, aluminum, mercury, etc...
I never used to get a flu shot till I got the flu really bad 6 yrs. ago. It was some nasty flu. I got another one few yrs after, coughed for a month. Codeine didn't help. I was taking benadryl w/ alka selter pm for any relief.
I now get the flu shot. It might only decrease severity, but that's ok. I take lots of D, too, and herbs, extra C and zinc, which prob. help, too. The UPS guy must know my name by heart w/ all of the stuff that comes now.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:01 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,819,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
But he needs to re-open the economy and get the unemployment rate down to 15% by election day. That's his only hope!
Yes while killing off meat packing employees and those that cannot get unemployment or will not get it by staying at home. A number of states are requiring businesses to report who doesn't show up when they reopen. I saw this somewhere with a Gov. Dewine CNN interview.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:08 PM

31,989 posts, read 34,536,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Who was paying them? Doesn't that determine where you pay taxes? That's pretty standard. I suspect this will turn out to be nothing, either they were taxed incorrectly, and it will be fixed, or they were taxed correctly and they will pay NY instead of the state where they came from.

What's the big deal?
You technically have to file a tax return in NYS even if you work in the state for a single day. This isn't something new. But I'm sure the Assembly will create an exemption for COVID healthcare workers. It's not a tall task.

Old 05-06-2020, 01:10 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You technically have to file a tax return in NYS even if you work in the state for a single day. This isn't something new. But I'm sure the Assembly will create an exemption for COVID healthcare workers. It's not a tall task.
I think something will be done. It's bureaucratic collateral damage, like stimulus checks being sent to dead people. We are in the middle of a crisis, and some stuff is going to take awhile to straighten out.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-06-2020, 01:20 PM

39,024 posts, read 51,075,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post

A solid majority of Americans are worried as well. What you gonna do? It's the economy or the boomers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.