Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 12:48 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Tulsa is now saying that their spike in cases is related to Trump's rally.

The results are in, Trump does not care for those who support him.

This is no surprise.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:58 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Republicans never took the virus seriously, to begin with. Led by Trump, who in the early stages of the pandemic, was saying the virus was under control. Trump said the virus will go away and the Democrats were using the virus to hurt his re-election efforts. And then you have conservative media -- with the biggest reach of all media -- kowtowing to these ideas and influencing the public to be cavalier about it.

There won't be a second wave for now because we haven't -- as a country -- gotten out of the first one yet. Nearly all states opened up prematurely and leaders aren't mandating masks, social distancing measures, contact tracing, or placing limits on gathering size. What we are experiencing at this time is a result of decisions made three to four weeks ago. July likely won't be a friendly month for the U.S.
I don't have to be a republican to take this serious or not.....it's common sense.....all the back and forth the so called professionals have made....right now they are reporting that the virus is air born? Are you kidding me, if it were not...why would we be told to wear masks all this time.

We have a medication that works, and when word of it came out, that it was helping people they all said it didn't work, and yet given to Covid 19 patients, the very next day it worked.....

Covid 19 has the very same symptoms as high altitude sickness, and there is a med they already use for high altitude sickness.

There were so many more people who died of TB last year, and yet, that wasn't a pandemic? Explain to me why?

This whole thing is to push for a world wide vaccine, so that when you get it they can implant a chip, and you won't be able to work without it.....

The numbers from the very beginning, do not add up....they are small concerning other flues and sicknesses from other years, and also, the hospitals have been saying every patient who dies in the hospital is a Covid death b/c they've been instructed to do so.

Many doctors are coming forward, with questions and all these comments I have just written.....

I was in the hospital for surgery the begging of this month, and there were no covid patients in the hospital at that time, not one.

A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018 including 251 000 people with HIV. Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS) and yet, it was never classified as a pandemic? Why?

Old 07-10-2020, 03:52 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Shelter-in-Place Orders Prevented Up to 370,000 Coronavirus Deaths, Study Says

Two months of lockdowns this spring saved as many as 370,000 lives in the U.S., according to new estimates from researchers at the University of Iowa.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued the first statewide shelter-in-place order on March 19, and by early April, 42 states and the District of Columbia were similarly locked down. While coronavirus infections continued to rise, research shows social distancing measures curbed the growth of new cases within days. The new study, published in the journal Health Affairs, indicates the stay-at-home orders also corresponded with a sharp decline in COVID-19 mortality growth rates that became more pronounced as time went on.

In the first week after a shelter-in-place order was enacted, the average daily growth rate in COVID-19 mortality was 20.5%, according to the analysis, which is based on data from 22 states between March 21 and May 15. In the fourth week after enactment, the growth rate fell by an average of 2.9 percentage points, while after the sixth week, the rate fell by an average of 6.1 percentage points.

While coronavirus deaths never fully subsided, slowing the growth rate corresponded with 250,000 to 370,000 deaths potentially averted, the study found.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sh...?ocid=msedgdhp

Old 07-10-2020, 07:51 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
Well Trump hit #1 70K positive cases today. 136K death's.

Old 07-11-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Pence is now trying to make the death of only 126K is a positive.

Just amazing.
A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018. Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).

In 2018, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide. 5.7 million men, 3.2 million women and 1.1 million children.

In 2018, 1.1 million children fell ill with TB globally, and there were 205 000 child deaths due to TB (including among children with HIV).

But I guess this makes too much sense.

yes, just amazing......

your being fed lies.....hospitals are writing Covid 19 deaths on all deaths...
there are more positives b/c there are more tests, and there are also false positives....
there are also more positives b/c many are walking around with Covid 19 and don't even know they have it and probably never would if they hadn't been tested for it....

And then there was a video of two nurses who sent in swabs that were clean b/c they became suspicious, and they came back positive, so they sent in two more clean swabs and they to returned positive....

the numbers have not added up since the beginning....and all during the riots, not very much was mentioned and rioters were sweating, yelling, and spitting at each other and cops and yet, nothing much was said about covid 19... and that is still going on, and now all of a sudden masks are supposed to save the day. BS

oh and then there is the medication that was being given to patients, but our beloved accurate CDC said it was too dangerous to use, could cause heart problems, and yet, they've been using that med for 30 years on malaria patients.....BS

Old 07-11-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
tillman7;58609152]Shelter-in-Place Orders Prevented Up to 370,000 Coronavirus Deaths, Study Says

Two months of lockdowns this spring saved as many as 370,000 lives in the U.S., according to new estimates from researchers at the University of Iowa.
are you freakin kidding me?

What studies, who performed the studies, and for how long were the studies performed and where were they performed....its so easy to make a lame comment like this saying Studies show, What studies?

how in God's name can they even make such a lame claim, and your buying this crap?

Unbelieveable.....how in the world could they even begin to imagine how many people would have gotten coronavirus...??????

Old 07-11-2020, 01:10 PM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Of course the riots and all the BLM protest, had ZERO to do with any uptick in CV19....You know, all that social distancing and mask wearing going on.....

Old 07-11-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Well Trump hit #1 70K positive cases today. 136K death's.
70 thousand positive cases today and yet, the hospitals are not, at all over run....
I was in the hospital for major surgery and during my entire stay, there was not one covid patient there....
the hospital was so empty, due to people being so frightened to get elective surgeries, that they moved us down a floor to combine us b/c there were not enough hospital beds being used on my floor and they were laying off nurses......

I cannot believe you are buying this crap, it is so wrong....136K deaths????? Seriously?????

Old 07-11-2020, 01:49 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't have to be a republican to take this serious or not.....it's common sense.....all the back and forth the so called professionals have made....right now they are reporting that the virus is air born? Are you kidding me, if it were not...why would we be told to wear masks all this time.

We have a medication that works, and when word of it came out, that it was helping people they all said it didn't work, and yet given to Covid 19 patients, the very next day it worked.....

Covid 19 has the very same symptoms as high altitude sickness, and there is a med they already use for high altitude sickness.

There were so many more people who died of TB last year, and yet, that wasn't a pandemic? Explain to me why?

This whole thing is to push for a world wide vaccine, so that when you get it they can implant a chip, and you won't be able to work without it.....

The numbers from the very beginning, do not add up....they are small concerning other flues and sicknesses from other years, and also, the hospitals have been saying every patient who dies in the hospital is a Covid death b/c they've been instructed to do so.

Many doctors are coming forward, with questions and all these comments I have just written.....

I was in the hospital for surgery the begging of this month, and there were no covid patients in the hospital at that time, not one.

A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018 including 251 000 people with HIV. Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS) and yet, it was never classified as a pandemic? Why?
In a medical context, "airborne" means extremely tiny droplets - aerosols - that evaporate before falling to the floor, leaving the virus suspended in the air, as opposed to larger droplets that fall to the ground over a relatively short distance. It was known that medical procedures such as intubation of a patient could produce infectious aerosols. The question was whether merely speaking produced enough infectious aerosol to be a concern. It may, so masks and social distancing are important.

If by "medication that works" you mean hydroxychloroquine, it turned out not to help very sick patients and may have made some worse, most likely because of the known adverse effect of the drug on the heart. Combining the drug with an infection that has adverse effects on blood vessels is not a good idea. It may be that it helps prevent infection or helps those who are less ill.

TB is a pandemic.

https://www.tballiance.org/why-new-t...lobal-pandemic

No, hospitals are not coding everyone who dies as a COVID-19 death.

There will not be "chips" in any vaccines.

The number of cases and deaths from COVID-19 is not small. On a daily basis it is the third leading cause of death in the US. It is not flu.

Old 07-11-2020, 02:41 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
A total of 1.5 million people died from TB in 2018. Worldwide, TB is one of the top 10 causes of death and the leading cause from a single infectious agent (above HIV/AIDS).

In 2018, an estimated 10 million people fell ill with tuberculosis(TB) worldwide. 5.7 million men, 3.2 million women and 1.1 million children.

In 2018, 1.1 million children fell ill with TB globally, and there were 205 000 child deaths due to TB (including among children with HIV).

But I guess this makes too much sense.

yes, just amazing......

your being fed lies.....hospitals are writing Covid 19 deaths on all deaths...
there are more positives b/c there are more tests, and there are also false positives....
there are also more positives b/c many are walking around with Covid 19 and don't even know they have it and probably never would if they hadn't been tested for it....

And then there was a video of two nurses who sent in swabs that were clean b/c they became suspicious, and they came back positive, so they sent in two more clean swabs and they to returned positive....

the numbers have not added up since the beginning....and all during the riots, not very much was mentioned and rioters were sweating, yelling, and spitting at each other and cops and yet, nothing much was said about covid 19... and that is still going on, and now all of a sudden masks are supposed to save the day. BS

oh and then there is the medication that was being given to patients, but our beloved accurate CDC said it was too dangerous to use, could cause heart problems, and yet, they've been using that med for 30 years on malaria patients.....BS
Your point about TB? What has that got to do with COVID-19? Yes, other infectious diseases exist. So what? Why do you believe statistics about TB but not about COVID-19?

Hospitals are not writing COVID-19 on all deaths. Here are the CDC guidelines on COVID-19 death certificates.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

The nurses sending in unused swabs and getting false positives is a hoax. False positive tests are uncommon, and false negatives are more common and more of a concern.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

"The Facebook post claims that labs are manipulating coronavirus tests to create false-positive results.

We could find no evidence to back that up. Sebelia, the source of the claim, said it was a "word-of-mouth story" from his mom without proof. Similarly inaccurate or unproven claims about coronavirus tests have been circulating for weeks, many of which echo months-old conspiracy theories about the pandemic.

While COVID-19 tests may sometimes produce false-positive results, there is no evidence that labs are deliberately manipulating samples. Experts are more concerned about false-negatives, which could pose health consequences."

Yes, the riots are a very bad idea with regard to COVID-19, just as are other mass gatherings.

Hydroxychloroquine has been around for about seventy years, and its potential for adverse effects on the heart were already well known. FDA withdrew its emergency use authorization because the benefit of the drug did not outweigh the risk.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7211688/

Quote:
are you freakin kidding me?

What studies, who performed the studies, and for how long were the studies performed and where were they performed....its so easy to make a lame comment like this saying Studies show, What studies?

how in God's name can they even make such a lame claim, and your buying this crap?

Unbelieveable.....how in the world could they even begin to imagine how many people would have gotten coronavirus...??????
All they have to do is look at what was happening before mitigation efforts were put in place. It's math.

Quote:
70 thousand positive cases today and yet, the hospitals are not, at all over run....
I was in the hospital for major surgery and during my entire stay, there was not one covid patient there....
the hospital was so empty, due to people being so frightened to get elective surgeries, that they moved us down a floor to combine us b/c there were not enough hospital beds being used on my floor and they were laying off nurses......

I cannot believe you are buying this crap, it is so wrong....136K deaths????? Seriously?????
You are correct: 136,000 deaths is wrong. The number is higher than that, because not all COVID-19 deaths are being counted.

I am happy that your hospital had no COVID-19 patients when you were there. In other areas of the country ICUs are filling up.

https://www.propublica.org/article/a...waiting-in-ers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies