Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 07:22 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Thanks for showing everyone how you are unable to discern opinion from reality.
LOL sure you do.
3. Ongoing coordination with appropriate agency or other Government officials if
notable security or public health and safety issues are raised.

https://www.ignet.gov/sites/default/...rg1211appi.pdf

See page 11 for the Quality Standards that should have been adhered to.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:24 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Texas posts third straight day of 1,000 new cases as state reopens

This is going to be the same for any state that re-opens without a good plan in place.

Texas did not go full blown open...Counties with fewer than five active cases of COVID-19 can reopen businesses at 50% capacity, but the majority of Texans live in places where capacity for now is limited to 25%. Abbott wants to further relax restrictions, including letting hair salons and gyms reopen, with a goal of mid-May, but health experts have expressed concerns over moving too fast.

Without a solid plan in place and moving too fast, states will see the same outcome as Texas.
You can't really pay a lot of attention to case counts. For weeks, the US has not had sufficient testing materials, Texas included. That problem seems to be getting better and many states are now testing people who have no symptoms and have been turned away in the past. So it is reasonable that the case count will go up. My own state had plans to test 20,000 "drive ups" this Saturday alone which is around one third of the total tested so far. They are going to do that for two more weekends. The only meaningful statistic is the hospitalization rate which is independent of testing and that is hard to come by without going to each state web site and searching.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:27 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Or people see nothing he's done that deserves any credit. That's most likely it.

I will sit back and shake my head at all the states who listened to Trumps cheer-leading to open back up in the midst of a pandemic and the US being the hardest hit by far.

States rushing to reopen are likely making a deadly error, coronavirus models and experts warn
You're a partisan hack and will complain about everything Trump does or doesn't do. That much is clear.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:28 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You can't really pay a lot of attention to case counts. For weeks, the US has not had sufficient testing materials, Texas included. That problem seems to be getting better and many states are now testing people who have no symptoms and have been turned away in the past. So it is reasonable that the case count will go up. My own state had plans to test 20,000 "drive ups" this Saturday alone which is around one third of the total tested so far. They are going to do that for two more weekends. The only meaningful statistic is the hospitalization rate which is independent of testing and that is hard to come by without going to each state web site and searching.
And I hope you are correct.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:32 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You're a partisan hack and will complain about everything Trump does or doesn't do. That much is clear.
Interesting.

What else besides how Trump downplayed this virus have I complained about?

I look forward to seeing your response.

"Political hack", also called partisan hack, is a pejorative term describing a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction.

BTW: I don't identify with with either party.

Perhaps you are the partisan/political hack?

Old 05-03-2020, 07:32 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
And I hope you are correct.
I pretty much stole that business about watching the hospitalization rate from the Maricopa county health director who says that is what they do with the flu (and are doing with COVID), because again, so little testing is done for the flu.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Texas posts third straight day of 1,000 new cases as state reopens

This is going to be the same for any state that re-opens without a good plan in place.

Texas did not go full blown open...Counties with fewer than five active cases of COVID-19 can reopen businesses at 50% capacity, but the majority of Texans live in places where capacity for now is limited to 25%. Abbott wants to further relax restrictions, including letting hair salons and gyms reopen, with a goal of mid-May, but health experts have expressed concerns over moving too fast.

Without a solid plan in place and moving too fast, states will see the same outcome as Texas.
Are you saying that the 1000 new cases are a result of Texas just reopening?

That's some pretty bizarre science.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:37 PM

17,618 posts, read 6,905,165 times
Quote:
Interesting.

What else besides how Trump downplayed this virus have I complained about?

I look forward to seeing your response.

"Political hack", also called partisan hack, is a pejorative term describing a person who is part of the political party apparatus, but whose intentions are more aligned with victory than personal conviction.

BTW: I don't identify with with either party.

Perhaps you are the partisan/political hack?
I've already told you Trump was wrong to shut down the country over a novel flu bug. You presumably agree with shutting the country down, as you've told us for pages and pages and pages. Yet all you do is attack him even though you agree with what he did. So yes you are a partisan hack.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I agree however the US is currently still facing a testing problem...how do I know? It's my profession.

The death rate is the best indicator we have at the moment...unfortunately it's a lagging indication because people don't die instantly once they are infected with this virus.

Recall when Trump stated this? March 4th Trump claims: “I think the 3.4 percent [fatality rate] is really a false number.”

No Trump the current fatality rate is 5.78%

This number is based on the current # of deaths/by # of confirmed cases.

This virus is a real threat and until we establish a gold standard with respect to testing we don't have a good grasp on the fatality rate. However just using the current # of deaths and confirmed # of cases 5.78% is alarming. Just wait until we establish the gold standard for testing. This percent is going to grow.

Old 05-03-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I've already told you Trump was wrong to shut down the country over a novel flu bug.
Please know what you are talking about when you respond to me.

Is that too much to ask?

SARS-CoV-2 is not a novel flu bug.
Quote:
You presumably agree with shutting the country down, as you've told us for pages and pages and pages.
As a medical professional in a country that was not prepared for this virus what else do you think the US should have done besides physical distancing?

Let's hear your solutions on what the US should have done instead of posting personal insults.

What I think the US should have done is what S. Korea and German did. Instead of downplaying it as Trump did for 6 weeks. Do you realize how rapidly that virus was spreading during those 6 weeks Trump was downplaying it?

The reason S. Korea never had to go on a national lock down was because they took action on Jan 21st.
Quote:
Yet all you do is attack him even though you agree with what he did. So yes you are a partisan hack.
How can a person be a partisan hack when they don't align with either political party?

You are clearly the partisan hack here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies