Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2020, 08:59 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Developing story. Remember when Jared Kushner was put in charge of ramping up America's medical supplies during the worst days of the NYC COVID-19 pandemic?

Well, apparently that process was managed SO poorly, and there were so many questionable/unethical actions, that somebody who was working for Kushner on this project is planning to file a formal whistleblower complaint.

Wow.

https://twitter.com/jodikantor/statu...62914276548608
Who could have known that putting a bunch of non-experts in charge of a once-in-a-century pandemic response would result in governmental chaos and massive numbers of unnecessary deaths?

Old 05-06-2020, 09:07 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I can't believe it but Commandant Lessard from the Police Academy movies is more competent and less senile than our president. I would say he should get impeached but we all know Moscow Mitch will roll over for him...

Old 05-06-2020, 09:30 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Developing story. Remember when Jared Kushner was put in charge of ramping up America's medical supplies during the worst days of the NYC COVID-19 pandemic?

Well, apparently that process was managed SO poorly, and there were so many questionable/unethical actions, that somebody who was working for Kushner on this project is planning to file a formal whistleblower complaint.

Wow.

https://twitter.com/jodikantor/statu...62914276548608
So the whistleblower brought receipts?

Old 05-06-2020, 09:33 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Not necessarily. They looked at the lungs of asymptomatic people, and found some their lungs showed pnuemonia. They did not specify if that resulted in damage, but it is pretty darn weird.

Maybe recent scar tissue? If it's showing scar tissue wouldn't someone know they have had a lung disorder? Or, would they? Unless so mild that would produce no symptoms typical of most pneumonias?

In Arizona, w/ Valley Fever, I knew a nurse who said a doc told her that after 3-4 yrs in valley we all had these areas in our lungs that were signs of some damage in our lungs, w/out overt symptoms of valley fever even, just by living there, breathing the air after a certain number of years. Only similar thing I can think of.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Who could have known that putting a bunch of non-experts in charge of a once-in-a-century pandemic response would result in governmental chaos and massive numbers of unnecessary deaths?
This level of incompetence is truly unfathomable. Assuming you have little to no knowledge of nuclear energy (likely), and you suddenly found yourself in charge of a nuclear power plant meltdown, would you seek counsel from experts on nuclear energy or would you instead seek advice from your gym buddies?

You could literally Google "top nuclear energy experts" and find names in articles that would be able to lead you to the best experts to deal with a nuclear meltdown.

Yet Kushner seems unable/unwilling to do this. But instead of having to Google "top pandemic experts," he could literally ask anyone within the gigantic bureaucracy his father-in-law is responsible for overseeing. He could even reach out to other respected Republicans (Cheney, Romney, etc.) and say "Hey, I need someone smart, experienced and competent. Get me a list." The guy clearly does not have a clue.

Old 05-06-2020, 09:41 AM

48,530 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Maybe recent scar tissue? If it's showing scar tissue wouldn't someone know they have had a lung disorder? Or, would they? Unless so mild that would produce no symptoms typical of most pneumonias?

In Arizona, w/ Valley Fever, I knew a nurse who said a doc told her that after 3-4 yrs in valley we all had these areas in our lungs that were signs of some damage in our lungs, w/out overt symptoms of valley fever even, just by living there, breathing the air after a certain number of years. Only similar thing I can think of.

And now causing a weird multi systemic inflammation in kids. But none have died from it. This coronavirus is really diffficult.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-06-2020, 09:52 AM

This NYT story is simply mind-blowing. I get that Romney is on Team Trump's S-List, but the guy is as competent as they come. He'd really be the ideal Republican to manage this thing. He had a commendable record as Governor of MA, ran the Olympics (successfully), founded Bain Capital (an organization much larger, wealthier and more powerful and influential than the Trump Organization), etc. I'm sure he would have spearheaded a task force if asked, but we know Trump is too proud to ask. There's no way Trump would ask a very competent Romney to help out and have him hog all the glory.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:12 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
humorous.

Coronavirus test kits used in Tanzania were dismissed as faulty by President John Magufuli on Sunday, because he said they had returned positive results on samples taken from a goat and a pawpaw.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:13 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Trump is the guy who used the magic marker to alter the NIOSh hurricane map. That someone and worse a President of the United States could DO that with a straight face was mind-boggling. Of all his missteps, that one stuck.

It did not bode well for what his behavior might be during an overwhelming emergency - not a 'mere' hurricane that skirted the United States. Still, never in my worst dreams did I think we would be faced with a pandemic like this and that he would perform so badly. Whatever 'responsibility' gene Trump might have is no match for his 'ego' gene.

No offense meant to the elderly for this is about not being able to learn from mistakes: There's no fool like an old fool.

Old 05-06-2020, 11:26 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You are absolutely correct that is such a false claim! I am a medical professional and have never heard of such false nonsense!
well, if you were truly a medical professional, in all of this, you would surely pick up on the contradictions...and know a little about what is going on...I know people, three that work in hospitals, one family member, two friends.....and guess what, if they tell their stories, they get fired....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies