Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 04:21 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times

Advertisements

I do think more profitable here to review RNA for purposes here but your call.

Old 05-19-2020, 04:36 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I dislike Trump as much as anyone on this board, but I believe him when he says he's taking HCQ/zinc. He's a real scaredy-cat when it comes to his health. When Pence's press secretary tested positive, that probably set him off.

Many doctors have been taking low doses of HCQ since beginning of this epidemic as a cya. No one knows for sure if it works or doesn't - but at this point it's any port in a storm. If Trump is taking this daily w/zinc, I'd be a bit concerned. Both can cause issues if taken daily. A small weekly preventive dose would probably be OK as these docs are doing:That doc posts on COVID thread in NJ forum. Well worth a read.

People need to stop referring to this as the 'flu.' COVID is not remotely close to the flu in contagion, or breadth of damage it can cause. Anyone who believes otherwise, needs to reexamine their news sources. Based on my reading in January, I've always known coronavirus would be an issue here. So should have any intelligent informed person in this country. Selectively reading, listening to or blindly following people who only reenforce your world view doesn't help you one bit in making wise decisions for YOUR life.

Relative to phony COVID deaths - better way to measure is by excess deaths in each state. Those equal or exceed COVID deaths reported. If anything, death totals are an undercount.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...oll-total.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/13/o...us-deaths.html

Lastly, common sense would tell anyone FL is fudging their numbers. There are too many old people in that state for it to be reporting a death toll of 4.4%. Somewhere between 5-6% is probably closer to the truth.
A very common sense post, thank you....I believe Trump is taking the drug, but I also heard it reported that the aide who brings him his dinner tested positive, so you can't blame him for doing so....and, Trump did say a week or two ago, that he is tested every single day.

oh and pssst....not everyone on this forum is a Trump hater...

Old 05-19-2020, 04:56 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Covid is much more contagious and more deadly than the flu. Unlike the flu, there appear to be permanent issues on organs after it goes away. And it's not just serious for older people with underlying conditions. Some people have built up immunity to flu, whereas with Covid, it's new, and there hasn't been any immunity until maybe recently.
I do hope you realize that there's a % of permanent issues, they don't always happen. And in most of those cases, it hasn't been long enough to know if they'll dissipate in 2 months or never.

And a few people DO have permanent issues from a flu bout, too.

I have not heard anyone say anyone has permanent immunity to the flu. I have gotten it a few of my 54 years, and I've gotten it after getting the flu shot once or twice. Do we know that some % of the population is immune to the flu?

Old 05-19-2020, 05:36 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
I have not heard anyone say anyone has permanent immunity to the flu.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5325335/

Quote:
...most adult individuals are immune to influenza virus, either through previous infections or vaccinations...

Last edited by JG183; 05-19-2020 at 05:36 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 05-19-2020, 05:43 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,215,541 times
thanks for linking...way too much science for me . Did they assign a % who had permanent immunity vs those vaccinated? I know the vaccine varies but is typically around 50% effective.

Old 05-19-2020, 05:58 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
oh and pssst....not everyone on this forum is a Trump hater...
Well borne out by the sizable length of my ignore list. Sensible rational Trump supporters who are not obtuse to reality are not part of that list. Fwiw, AMD, the doc I quote above, has always been a Trumper - likes the policies, not necessarily the man. I will always read comments from those who can argue the merits of his policies honestly. I do agree w/some Trump policies - in the real world, some make sense. It is his persona, immature petulance, never-ending self-serving lies, baseless paranoia and general behavior unbecoming his office which are a huge huge turnoff for me. At this point in his life, he should be better than this.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:37 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Well folks, this is where we're at. The president of the united states dismisses scientific studies that show hydroxychloroquine performed poorly as a "Trump enemy statement."

Trump is a turd. Total moron. Anyone who still supports him is out of their mind.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1262813088061050882

Old 05-19-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well borne out by the sizable length of my ignore list. Sensible rational Trump supporters who are not obtuse to reality are not part of that list. Fwiw, AMD, the doc I quote above, has always been a Trumper - likes the policies, not necessarily the man. I will always read comments from those who can argue the merits of his policies honestly. I do agree w/some Trump policies - in the real world, some make sense. It is his persona, immature petulance, never-ending self-serving lies, baseless paranoia and general behavior unbecoming his office which are a huge huge turnoff for me. At this point in his life, he should be better than this.
I have to agree, again...what bothers me about him is the lack of a filter and always patting himself on the back...a real turn off....but, a lot of his policies worked...and he has done more for this country than any other President...so....

I believe I can take him a little more than most, b/c I had a boss who was just like him....self serving and actually stole the work of others and patted himself on the back...so but the man like Trump had some outstanding qualities as well....

Trump isn't a bad person....he's more narcissistic than most...but the thing is...he thinks everyone is a good person unless they bad mouth him, and then he will go after them. I'm sure you know, he tweets so much to avoid having the media say things about him that aren't true. Trump has done a whole lot of good for this country until Covid hit, so time will tell what happens from here...

What I have a huge problem with is hydroxychloroquine. They've been treating Lupus and Malaria patents with it for over 30 years, and now all of a sudden, they've done tests and it shows up dangerous? And they did perform tests on people who had one foot in the ground sorry to say....Trump isn't lying...

what is going to happen, in the very near future, is, they will invent a vaccine, and everyone in the world will have to take the vaccine, or they won't be able to work....now, consider how much money we're talking. Shheesh...once you have the vaccine, you will have to show proof you've had it, via a paper, or an implant? Plus they are in the process of training workers to watch people....think I read there are online courses, to train for this...plus they will download apps on your phones to trace you..

Bravo, well done, in the scheme of things....the bigger picture is, it's all playing out....perfectly.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 05-19-2020 at 07:32 PM..

Old 05-19-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
I believe this is true...very interesting article, thank you....

So, if everyone of us would obtain a titer test....it would show what vaccines still remain in our bodies...which I'm certain would be different for each individual....but they do the same for dogs....if you get a titer test on your dog and vaccines are still present, then your dog doesn't need to get vaccines every year....and you get a slip of paper showing the results for boarding and grooming..which they just might do for humans....?

Old 05-19-2020, 08:17 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
[quote=BoBromhal;58154310]I do hope you realize that there's a % of permanent issues, they don't always happen. And in most of those cases, it hasn't been long enough to know if they'll dissipate in 2 months or never.

And a few people DO have permanent issues from a flu bout, too.

I have not heard anyone say anyone has permanent immunity to the flu. I have gotten it a few of my 54 years, and I've gotten it after getting the flu shot once or twice. Do we know that some % of the population is immune to the flu?[/QUOTE

I meant immunity or better immunity from a vaccine, which we don't have with Covid right now, and may not get. However I don't know anyone who has gotten damage to their lungs, kidneys, liver, heart or other organs from the flu, not saying that there haven't been cases. The fact that there are reports of such damage with Covid is alarming. I have had a flu several times in my life and never had any issues with breathing like some who have recovered from Covid have experienced. The fact that we don't know the long term effects of this virus is just another reason to be as careful and cautious as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies