Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 03:06 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I've heard the best effects are had by administering the HCQ really early.
The studies that I've read also state this.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:11 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
which org holds greater weight in the medical field - AAPS or AMA?

I went to AMA, which understandably is toeing the "party line" of proof and studies and data - while not claiming it has NO benefit. Their statements seem to be – docs don’t prescribe it to yourself and family, don’t hoard it, and only use it in a hospital setting as part of a study.

Nope. I read the statement and nowhere does it say doctors can only use it as part of a study. You made that one up out of whole cloth. Also, they did not tell doctors not to prescribe it but did indeed say not to hoard the drug out of concerns of possible shortage for lupus patients.

I watched this April 5 video of Wolf Blitzer with the head of the AMA and then an emergency room doc.

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trum...ose-your-life/

The AMA head was more hard line – I would not prescribe. The emergency room doc mentioned needing it for lupus and arthritis patients, and that it needed more study ... study that could be done "in a month or two"

I would hope not. The AMA head is a psychiatrist so why in the hell would she be prescribing anything for COVID-19?

Your AAPS link says it's been used by < 3,000 patients. Do you think that's an accurate number?

Have we ever heard anything about NY's use of it?
My response in blue.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:42 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I'm a she.
My apologies.

Old 05-01-2020, 03:51 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,209,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
My response in blue.
Quote:
I went to AMA, which understandably is toeing the "party line" of proof and studies and data - while not claiming it has NO benefit. Their statements seem to be – docs don’t prescribe it to yourself and family, don’t hoard it, and only use it in a hospital setting as part of a study.
Quote:
Nope. I read the statement and nowhere does it say doctors can only use it as part of a study. You made that one up out of whole cloth. Also, they did not tell doctors not to prescribe it but did indeed say not to hoard the drug out of concerns of possible shortage for lupus patients.
sorry, I took it from the bottom of this statement:

https://www.ama-assn.org/system/file...rescribing.pdf

Quote:
Select resources and other information

• U.S. Food and Drug Administration: Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine for COVID-19: Drug
Safety Communication - FDA Cautions Against Use Outside of the Hospital Setting or a Clinical
Trial Due to Risk of Heart Rhythm Problems (April 24, 2020)
so you're correct - the AMA itself didn't say that. They just included the FDA statement.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:03 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,211,161 times
None of the states opening today have hit the 14 day standard of lowering positive results.

I think this is the direct result of those small businesses not being able to get the SBA loans.

Just another in the failures of this administration.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:12 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
None of the states opening today have hit the 14 day standard of lowering positive results.

I think this is the direct result of those small businesses not being able to get the SBA loans.

But, his fans will say "he done real good," without blinking an eye.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:23 PM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Ssh. We don't need to say things like that. According to today's press conference we now are in the "recovery" phase and so there's no need to hear from Fauci or Brix.

Too bad, no one gave that news to the SARS-Cov2 in the DC metro region. It has the run of the town to where the House of Representatives can't meet and many Senators are unhappy with McConnell's desire to proceed next week. Turns out there isn't enough rapid-response testing available even for the Senate.

But, hey, time to move on to campaign-style Trump press conferences complete with video of folks praising him.

This is like living in an alternate reality. I am really disgusted.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:24 PM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
But, his fans will say "he done real good," without blinking an eye.
Need to return to something productive like cleaning the kitchen but did I say that I am really TOTALLY disgusted??? What a total joke.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:35 PM

15,825 posts, read 6,536,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
For christ sake. I work as a front line critical care RN.....i am telling you it works. If that testimony is not good enough for you...then shovel beans.
If this is true then it will show up as statistically significant in a peer-reviewed article of a double-blind study using a control group. Nothing to worry about.

Old 05-01-2020, 04:39 PM

17,790 posts, read 13,682,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Ssh. We don't need to say things like that. According to today's press conference we now are in the "recovery" phase and so there's no need to hear from Fauci or Brix.

Too bad, no one gave that news to the SARS-Cov2 in the DC metro region. It has the run of the town to where the House of Representatives can't meet and many Senators are unhappy with McConnell's desire to proceed next week. Turns out there isn't enough rapid-response testing available even for the Senate.

But, hey, time to move on to campaign-style Trump press conferences complete with video of folks praising him.

This is like living in an alternate reality. I am really disgusted.

What is funny (pathetic) is that Trump doesn't know how this is going to shake out so he is talking out of both sides his mouth and is all over the place.

Then down the road he will only claim to have said the things that prove to be true. And his fans will all believe him.

To put it simply. If the opening has positive results it will be because of him. (He took "total control", remember?)

If it turns out to be a disaster it's going to be the liberal media and the governors fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies