Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2020, 03:38 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Care to explain to us all how Dr. Fauci a leading epidemiologist is the only one who " doesnt need to be exposing himself to members of Congress"?

Where did I say he was the only one?

Currently, he is more valuable to the nation as an advisor to Trump than as a witness to a Congressional witchhunt.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:39 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The virus should have been downplayed. Looks like the Trump/Fauci shutdown was overkill and never should have happened. You can continue to defend Trump and Fauci, but the rest of us have a right to disagree.
They downplayed it in the UK initially, and their own Prime Minister ended up in the ICU.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Try again, and this time please state exactly what is on record that Dr. Fauci stated and link the FULL interview. You know so that we don't get the different Dr. Fauci statements from an earlier time with different words and different context.
Is there a reason you cant google that yourself.....ya know.....Fauci says Trump listened to him.

You will get thousands of hits.

I am not your research assistant. Besides, youre the one saying Trump didnt listen to the experts. Why dont you post something backing up that claim.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:51 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Nonetheless he is in the high risk group based on his age and he doesnt need to be exposing himself to members of Congress.
But, I take note that you avoided addressing what I said about the CDC.
Quote:
Care to explain to us all how Dr. Fauci a leading epidemiologist is the only one who "doesnt need to be exposing himself to members of Congress"?
Quote:
Where did I say he was the only one?
Why did you say it at all?

It's an irrational statement to make considering Trump and many members of Congress are 65 or older.

Especially to make it with respect to Dr. Fauci who just happens to be a widely recognized as one of the world's leading experts on infectious diseases. Surly he knows how to protect himself from a viral risk. Right?
Quote:
Currently, he is more valuable to the nation as an advisor to Trump than as a witness to a Congressional witchhunt.
Explain to us how you know this is a "witchhunt"? Exactly what which witch are they trying to hunt and for what reasons are they hunting for this "witch"?

Old 05-03-2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:

What you should actually be taking notes on is how utterly ridiculous your claims about the CDC are.

I suggest you provide us with a few credible links that back up your ridiculous assertions that show:

1. useless people at CDC who are already busy writing up stuff on how they failed
2. while curiously saying not a word about their ridiculously botched testing efforts.

Before you continue to post ridiculous rants I suggest you know your facts.

Facts such as these:

1. In mid-February, the CDC was uncertain whether its test was malfunctioning due to a design issue or a manufacturing issue, two FDA officials said.

2. On February 22, an FDA official traveled to Atlanta and spent the following days visiting CDC labs to try to sort out the testing problem.

3. According to an administration official, the FDA determined contamination was most likely occurring during the manufacturing process and that the CDC had appeared to have violated its own manufacturing protocols.

4.Within days -- by Feb. 27 -- the FDA and the CDC worked together to remanufacture the CDC test with the help of IDT, an outside manufacturer, according to administration officials. The remanufactured tests functioned correctly and were shipped to public health labs.

5.Two FDA officials and an administration official said there did not appear to be an issue with the design of the CDC test. The problem was the manufacturing process.

Did it ever occur to you that this manufacturing blunder is under investigation by the Department of HHS, and that the CDC will speak about it once the investigation is complete?

Audit of HHS's Production and Distribution of COVID-19 Lab Test Kits

So according to you the entire CDC is a bad institution simply because there were manufacturing contamination issues at 2 CDC labs in Atlanta.

Do you consider the entire Red Cross to be a bad institution simply because of a quality assurance issue or a process that needs improving at a few blood bank labs?

That's not very logical is it?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeik.../#11a1ff3d373e

There you go since you are unable to find it yourself.

Not a freaking word about their botched testing which you did a really poor job of explaining yourself lol.

I see you left out the part of how they wasted time trying to design a "perfect" test to rule out other diseases which turned out to be the faulty part of the test that slowed everything down.

But, like many people who cant see the big picture, you totally missed the part that even if they had immediately produced a perfect test, they had no system in place to handle the volume of tests needed for a pandemic. That is their only job.......control disease. I would say that is a huge miss on their part and nothing to do with blaming them or not for slipshod labs with contamination.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Is there a reason you cant google that yourself.....ya know.....Fauci says Trump listened to him.
Because in a discussion when you make a claim that appears to be unsubstantiated then you are the one who needs to provide the evince.
Quote:
I am not your research assistant.
Nor am I yours.

If you can't back up the claims you make then you really have no argument. How I do things is I fact check sources. I am unable to fact check what you claimed since you did not provide a source.
Quote:
Besides, youre the one saying Trump didnt listen to the experts.
All I did was point out that Trump did not listen to the experts for the first 6 weeks after this virus hit the US.

Do you really need me to post his ignorant statements again?
Quote:
Why dont you post something backing up that claim.
I see you do need me to post the evidence once again.

Pay very close attention to what Trump says for 6 weeks all the while ignoring the WHO and top medical experts. The South Korean government did the opposite of what Trump did and guess what? They did not have to go on a national lock-down because they acted quickly...unlike Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4yZaoA90Jk&t=440s

Old 05-03-2020, 04:05 PM

15,837 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Quote:
Yep the White House chose to use this model because it was the most optimistic model and would downplay the death toll.

So much for Trumps optimism about this virus and the model he relies on.

A University of Washington model of coronavirus deaths was updated—and increased 10%—Wednesday April 22, ultimately predicting the country will see 66,000 deaths from the disease by August.

Well lookie here...we are currently at 65,735 deaths and it's only May 3rd.

The White House should find a better model.
That is because you are misinterpreting the model output. The model gives a range of random outcomes, with a predicted confidence interval. The expectation is 95% confidence that the outcome will fall into that range. Guess what: the deaths lie within that range, so the model is successful.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:07 PM

Quote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeik.../#11a1ff3d373e

There you go since you are unable to find it yourself.
I was not looking for this. So how can you accuse me of not being able to find something that I was not even looking for?

Is this the best you can do in a discussion?

Quote:
Not a freaking word about their botched testing which you did a really poor job of explaining yourself lol.
You're link mentions nothing about "botched" testing.
Quote:
I see you left out the part of how they wasted time trying to design a "perfect" test to rule out other diseases which turned out to be the faulty part of the test that slowed everything down.
Perfect test? You must be reading right wing conspiracy theory sites.

There's no such thing as a "perfect" test.
Quote:
But, like many people who cant see the big picture, you totally missed the part that even if they had immediately produced a perfect test, they had no system in place to handle the volume of tests needed for a pandemic. That is their only job.......control disease. I would say that is a huge miss on their part and nothing to do with blaming them or not for slipshod labs with contamination.
Repeating your unsubstantiated claims even when laced with sarcasm…is still just an unsubstantiated claim.

If science was just a question of you believe something isn’t true. I could just as easily say…yes it is true.

Then you can say no it’s not, then I can say yes it is and we can keep battling back and forth until one of us gives up.

However that’s not the way to hold a discussion. If you think anything I post is wrong then please site studies that show facts and figures, because this is how science is done.

What you did was create a strawman, in inventing something completely ridiculous, ascribe it to the other person or claim they said it, and then masterfully demolish it.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Why did you say it at all?

It's an irrational statement to make considering Trump and many members of Congress are 65 or older.

Especially to make it with respect to Dr. Fauci who just happens to be a widely recognized as one of the world's leading experts on infectious diseases. Surly he knows how to protect himself from a viral risk. Right?
Explain to us how you know this is a "witchhunt"? Exactly what which witch are they trying to hunt and for what reasons are they hunting for this "witch"?
Fauci does not need to be taking any risks as long as he is interacting with and advising the President.

You are free to hold a different opinion.

I am quite sure there is nothing new to be gained by Congress interviewing him as he has already been interviewed almost daily ad nauseum.

Let them submit questions to him in writing if its that important.

Past history tells me that if Democrats are interviewing advisors to Trump it is indeed for no purpose other than a witchhunt to make Trump look bad.

If you dont understand that, you are simply naive or willfully ignorant.

Old 05-03-2020, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Because in a discussion when you make a claim that appears to be unsubstantiated then you are the one who needs to provide the evince.
Nor am I yours.

If you can't back up the claims you make then you really have no argument. How I do things is I fact check sources. I am unable to fact check what you claimed since you did not provide a source.
All I did was point out that Trump did not listen to the experts for the first 6 weeks after this virus hit the US.

Do you really need me to post his ignorant statements again?
I see you do need me to post the evidence once again.

Pay very close attention to what Trump says for 6 weeks all the while ignoring the WHO and top medical experts. The South Korean government did the opposite of what Trump did and guess what? They did not have to go on a national lock-down because they acted quickly...unlike Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4yZaoA90Jk&t=440s
So you want me to provide a link from experts saying Trump did listen to them, but you shouldnt have to provide a link from experts saying he didnt listen to them.

HA ha......gotcha. That is hysterical. Did you think I would miss that?

You are the one who made the original claim. Provide a link from an expert saying Trump didnt listen to them.

What Trump said is irrelevant. Because everything he DID proves he did in fact listen to experts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies