Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 10:21 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,474,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She's been active in #metoo all along so I wouldn't call her an attention W over these things but that's just my view.

I do find her latest statement to be an attempt to repair the damage that she has done to the movement with her obvious hypocrisy. She has clearly faced a lot of flak over this and not just from Republicans.

So far she has shown that she cares more about the Democratic party than #metoo, a trap she set for herself when she recklessly weaponized the platform.
She IS an AW. She attaches herself to “victims” and then uses them to keep herself in the public eye. She did it with the Parkland kids. She did it with Christine Ford. She did it after the Weinstein affair. And now, she’s running in circles trying to determine the best “side” for her input on this latest matter.

“Activist” is becoming a new euphemism for “former actor/actress”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
I snicker at people who actually follow celebrity twitter posts (really?). Especially while claiming they don't care about celebrities.

I can't imagine using any precious time in a given day to care about what any celebrity says about anything, one way or the other (and I'm a liberal).
I abhor Twitter. Don’t use it, never have, but often marvel at the amount of stupidity that results from its use by celebrities. They. Can’t. Shut. Up.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:27 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,808,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I abhor Twitter. Don’t use it, never have, but often marvel at the amount of stupidity that results from its use by celebrities. They. Can’t. Shut. Up.
Neither. Can. Trump.

And he's got a lot more important sh** to think about than giving one of his junior PR reps something stupid to "tweet." One could argue that most other celebrities at least don't have much else of importance to think about.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:28 AM

5,666 posts, read 4,602,088 times
Alyssa:

I hear and see you, Tara. #MeToo

... but I don't believe you, and will still vote/support Biden. Believe all women, unless the accused is a R.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:28 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,893,995 times
Y'all care too much about what this woman says - it would be like me getting myself in a tizzy over James Wood or Kid Rock -- lol......First of all I would never insult you Trump supporters by lumping you in with those nut jobs.......and second....why do I care what those nut jobs think.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:30 AM

77,970 posts, read 60,134,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
True and everyday people too.

Seems like every week we get somebody going on facebook, twitter etc. and saying something or posting pictures etc. that end up getting them divorced/fired or arrested.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Neither. Can. Trump.

And he's got a lot more important sh** to think about than giving one of his junior PR reps something stupid to "tweet." One could argue, at least, that most other celebrities don't have much else of importance to think about.
It seems to have the most sociopathic effect on some people. They will say the most ridiculous, insane, rude things ... as if it had just accidentally flown out of their mouth. Except it didn’t; they thought it out, typed it up, and shared it with the world. This goes for Trump, Milano, and every other loudmouth out there who feels their words should be read by millions. Narcissism in 140 character format.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Y'all care too much about what this woman says - it would be like me getting myself in a tizzy over James Wood or Kid Rock -- lol......First of all I would never insult you Trump supporters by lumping you in with those nut jobs.......and second....why do I care what those nut jobs think.
We’re just chatting. It’s not anything more than that. You can leave the thread if it bothers you, you know.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:34 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,376,003 times
this is is the year of people losing all legitimacy in one fell swoop.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:37 AM

6,859 posts, read 2,628,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The hard right sure does have an issue with women having power or influence.

Anyway, she's apparently still posting to her twitter so... probably okay. Whatever.
This bimbo has no power or influence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83YkmXJCX0&t=26s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies