Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 05:05 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,035 times

Advertisements

Be careful you lefties out there the peasants are rising!

Quote:

A quarter (25 percent) of respondents stated that they would be at their wits' end if they were still stuck inside by today (April 28), and those numbers will only increase the longer stay-at-home orders remain in place.

And 72 percent of respondents said they will have reached their breaking point by early June, while 100 percent will have snapped if they are still stuck indoors at the end of September.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-lockdown.html

Old 04-29-2020, 05:15 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Like it or hate it,the following is only my opinion:

Hot humid Summers turn the calmest of people into monsters.............................

The President is aware of this but will grant the governors of each state to govern as seen fit.

As a New Yorker...
Andy and Bill better pray for a cold and
very wet summer or all hell will break loose
if its' citizens are expected to remain indoors.
Very hot and humid weather is taxing on the electric grid .
If we are forced to remain indoors running A.C.'s may result in blackout.
A blackout may result in City Wide crime wave reminiscent of the early 70's.
Uncontrolled crime may lead to curfew and National Guard presence.
Time to let us out Andy. Time to let us out Billy............

Old 04-29-2020, 05:18 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,967,844 times
Trump needs to man up and take some personal responsibility for once instead of blaming the WHO, the left, the Chinese, the Mexicans and everyone else.

Trump decided to shut things down when being told millions could die after portraying the virus as a joke for 6 weeks. He needs to take responsibility for that.

If he wants to open things up, then he needs to take responsibility when deaths begin to increase from the current 60 000+. After all, we're very early in the pandemic with less than 5% infected. You claim that people want to be infected and we need to reach 70% infection rates for some sort of immunity. So lots of deaths to come as people gain more freedom to become infected and get chest trouble. Trump must man up and take responsibility for once.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:26 AM

6,473 posts, read 6,683,034 times
Why are you calling it a LEFT lockdown??? I could have sworn Trump was still president.

Edited to add: yes I know Trump doesn't have the authority to shut down the country, but he has certainly supported the shutdowns. And as sure most are aware, Trump criticized the governor of Georgia for reopening too soon. Does that make Trump a leftist???

My point is, why would anyone call this a LEFT issue?

Last edited by kayanne; 04-29-2020 at 06:33 AM..

Old 04-29-2020, 05:40 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Trump needs to man up and take some personal responsibility for once instead of blaming the WHO, the left, the Chinese, the Mexicans and everyone else.

Trump decided to shut things down when being told millions could die after portraying the virus as a joke for 6 weeks. He needs to take responsibility for that.

If he wants to open things up, then he needs to take responsibility when deaths begin to increase from the current 60 000+. After all, we're very early in the pandemic with less than 5% infected. You claim that people want to be infected and we need to reach 70% infection rates for some sort of immunity. So lots of deaths to come as people gain more freedom to become infected and get chest trouble. Trump must man up and take responsibility for once.
It's 58,355.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:46 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Like it or hate it,the following is only my opinion:

Hot humid Summers turn the calmest of people into monsters.............................

The President is aware of this but will grant the governors of each state to govern as seen fit.

As a New Yorker...
Andy and Bill better pray for a cold and
very wet summer or all hell will break loose
if its' citizens are expected to remain indoors.
Very hot and humid weather is taxing on the electric grid .
If we are forced to remain indoors running A.C.'s may result in blackout.
A blackout may result in City Wide crime wave reminiscent of the early 70's.
Uncontrolled crime may lead to curfew and National Guard presence.
Time to let us out Andy. Time to let us out Billy............
He doesn’t “grant the governors of each state to govern as seen fit.” The laws of the country give them that ability.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:46 AM

9,519 posts, read 4,348,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Why are you calling it a LEFT lockdown??? I could have sworn Trump was still president.
He doesn't have the authority to lockdown states. At least that's what the idiots on the left were saying last week.

Opposition to lock downs crosses party lines. The good news is that we now have clear evidence who the dumbest half of the population is: lockdown protesters.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
It's 58,355.
Since you're being nitpicky, I will too.
It's 59266, according to Worldometer.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
He doesn't have the authority to lockdown states. At least that's what the idiots on the left were saying last week.

Opposition to lock downs crosses party lines. The good news is that we now have clear evidence who the dumbest half of the population is: lockdown protesters.
Correct, Trump does not have that authority, but he has certainly supported it. And the White House issued a proposal for a 3-phase reopening (a plan I was rather impressed with), which implies he has supported the lockdown and does not want all the gates flung wide open immediately. I've seen no discussion of that proposed plan on CD at all, despite my posting it several days ago. Here it is again:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/openingamerica/#criteria

Old 04-29-2020, 06:00 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,096,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post

Trump doesn't dictate or control the lockdowns.

Individual state Governors do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies