Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2020, 08:19 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,502,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Rachael, you are better than this. Don't make excuse for a man like Zimmerman. He has a history of anger issues. He followed Martin. It all would have been avoided had he simply stayed in his truck.

Now be honest. Please. If you were walking home at night and a strange man was following you. Would you feel uncomfortable? Maybe threatened? Be honest.

Now here is the hypocrisy I see on this forum. WE have the John Wayne types who carry everywhere they go because they are super bad. They are saying Zimmerman was afraid for his life and had to use a gun. Why did Zimmerman need to carry a gun? Because he always felt threatened. Is it not plausible that Martin felt threatened as well?

Remember we only have Zimmerman's word on what happened. Look at the wreck he has made of his life, both before and after the shooting.

Is it plausible that a pair of wanna be's had an altercation and the one with the gun won?

Me ? I love to shoot, but wouldn't live where I felt the need to carry. That has to be a crappy feeling.
What I was objecting to was the previous poster’s refusal to acknowledge that Martin played any role in the skirmish.

To your question about how I would feel if I were walking home and a strange man was following me (it’s happened), yes indeed, I would be very uncomfortable. I would avoid him at all costs. I would not go up to him, tackle him to the ground, and start bashing his head into the cement. (That’s assuming I was capable of it, which of course I’m not.) I would move as far away from his as possible, and pick up my pace.

I do agree with your final assessment. Basically, two hotheads met up one evening, and the guy with the gun won. Had he been unarmed, he would have been killed, or at the minimum severely brain-damaged.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:20 AM

23,975 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Actually we don't know that Martin attacked Zimmerman. We only know what Zimmerman has told us.
As for the rest. As you say no rights are earned. That is demonstrated by the majority who make excuses not to serve. That said I will walk down the street and have the right not to be harassed by a clown like Zimmerman. Is following someone harassment? I believe that it can be construed as such.

We don't know what really happened when Martin and Zimmerman came face to face.

Do you have video? credible eye witnesses?

Remember the stand your ground law covered Martin as well. Did he feel that Zimmerman was a threat? Kid was built like a rake. Who knows? Not I and certainly not you.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:20 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Following someone in the dark is NOT a good idea. Following someone might lead to an altercation that could lead into a physical confrontation. Sorry, the 911 suggested he doesn't follow him. So sorry.

Listen to the 911 call on how Zimmerman was describing Trayvon. Your below conversation scenario was not going to play out with how George was feeling.

What happened to "can I help you,"
"what do you want,"
"I live here, is there a problem?"

The bulk of this mess falls with the Gated Community and George.
should've, would've, could've.

you're still missing the point that there's no justification to attack someone unless you were physically assaulted first.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:24 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,575,619 times
And Obama used this LIE to further divide the country and demonize Whitey. How noble of him.

And here is another time Obama used a LIE to divide the country racially BEFORE he admittedly had any FACTS!

Quote:
(CNN) -- President Obama said that police in Cambridge, Massachusetts, "acted stupidly" in arresting a prominent black Harvard professor last week after a confrontation at the man's home.

"I don't know, not having been there and not seeing all the facts, what role race played," Obama said Wednesday night while taking questions after a White House news conference.
Obama: Police who arrested professor 'acted stupidly' - CNN.com

OK Libs, now tell me it can't be true due to the source. Is it Breitbart again?

Old 04-28-2020, 08:26 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times
Quote:
Actually we don't know that Martin attacked Zimmerman. We only know what Zimmerman has told us.
As for the rest. As you say no rights are earned. That is demonstrated by the majority who make excuses not to serve. That said I will walk down the street and have the right not to be harassed by a clown like Zimmerman. Is following someone harassment? I believe that it can be construed as such.

We don't know what really happened when Martin and Zimmerman came face to face.

Do you have video? credible eye witnesses?

Remember the stand your ground law covered Martin as well. Did he feel that Zimmerman was a threat? Kid was built like a rake. Who knows? Not I and certainly not you.
no, but we have evidence of trayvon on top with a ground and pound, if you don't trust zimmerman's version of the story. but as was stated, the evidence corroborates his account that he was attacked.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:29 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
What I was objecting to was the previous poster’s refusal to acknowledge that Martin played any role in the skirmish.

To your question about how I would feel if I were walking home and a strange man was following me (it’s happened), yes indeed, I would be very uncomfortable. I would avoid him at all costs. I would not go up to him, tackle him to the ground, and start bashing his head into the cement. (That’s assuming I was capable of it, which of course I’m not.) I would move as far away from his as possible, and pick up my pace.

I do agree with your final assessment. Basically, two hotheads met up one evening, and the guy with the gun won. Had he been unarmed, he would have been killed, or at the minimum severely brain-damaged.
First. Thank you for your honesty.

How do you know that that is what actually happened? I don't. No witnesses and Zimmerman isn't an accurate source.

Would I have confronted Zimmerman? Yeah I probably would.

Zimmerman followed Martin. That was the first aggressive move.

Zimmerman put himself in that situation.

Martin may have confronted Zimmerman and it turned into a physical thing.

Do you know excuses I have heard a lot in my life by guys who lost a fight? I was sucker punched. I was jumped from behind. Even when people saw what really happened. I don't know what happened, No one does.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:31 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Amazing none of us actually know what happened that night but so many talk about this case as if there were cameras and witnesses all over the place. This case hinged on a guy who didn’t want to go to jail and a dead kid, there was no one else.

Zimmerman shot Trevon because Zimmerman said the 17 y/o he followed was kicking his azz, that is literally all we know factually after Zimmerman exited his car. Heck for all I know both of them could have claimed Stand Your Ground in Florida as both were residents and felt threatened (it’s a broad law) Zimmermans beating might have been justified under stand your ground but no one discusses that angle except those in Florida I guess (again it’s a broad law).

I don’t trust Zimmerman’s account given all his behavior after the fact. And I can’t ask Trevon either since he is dead and none of us know them personally to assess character.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
no, but we have evidence of trayvon on top with a ground and pound, if you don't trust zimmerman's version of the story. but as was stated, the evidence corroborates his account that he was attacked.
No it only corroborates that at some point Martin gained the upper hand.

I have been in my share of fights and seen plenty too. Unlike the movies they tend to start with a pushing match followed by headlocks and attempted hip tosses that result in both idiots falling down...

There is no evidence he was attacked. Only that he was on the losing end of it.

Evidence would be witnesses, a video of it, etc.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Amazing none of us actually know what happened that night but so many talk about this case as if there were cameras and witnesses all over the place. This case hinged on a guy who didn’t want to go to jail and a dead kid, there was no one else.

Zimmerman shot Trevon because Zimmerman said the 17 y/o he followed was kicking his azz, that is literally all we know factually after Zimmerman exited his car. Heck for all I know both of them could have claimed Stand Your Ground in Florida as both were residents and felt threatened (it’s a broad law) Zimmermans beating might have been justified under stand your ground but no one discusses that angle except those in Florida I guess (again it’s a broad law).

I don’t trust Zimmerman’s account given all his behavior after the fact. And I can’t ask Trevon either since he is dead and none of us know them personally to assess character.
Thank you for a reasoned and common sense response. Well said.

Old 04-28-2020, 08:34 AM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times
I notice the story that Trayvon was simply walking home from the store has vanished.
It has been replaced by a demand for witnesses (there were none; they why sympathizers demand them) and irrelevant pot shots taken at Zimmerman.

Why is Zimmermans height (5'7") a valid point but Trayvon's problematic record not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies