U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 04-29-2020, 01:00 PM
 
33,672 posts, read 22,516,150 times
Reputation: 18105

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Oh but the left loves that he gives daily updates and sound like a politician - so they overlook how bad he is at his actual job.
yep.

Media Doesn’t Care That People Died Because Cuomo Put Coronavirus Patients In Nursing Homes
Quote:
Yet as the New York Post reported a day later, one coronavirus hotspot, the Cobble Hill Health Center in Brooklyn, where 55 people have died from COVID-19, had tried repeatedly to inform state Health Department officials of its lack of equipment and staff to handle the problem and received no help. Requests to transfer patients to the makeshift wards at New York’s mammoth Javits Center, a convention center that has been turned into a hospital, or the USS Comfort, the navy hospital ship that was anchored in New York Harbor before leaving due to lack of use, were turned down.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-29-2020, 01:44 PM
 
18,545 posts, read 10,345,307 times
Reputation: 8373
i don't think we are supposed to talk about this. Mr. Cuomo is a democrat. by definition his decisions are unimpeachable.


unless he says something illiberal.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2020, 06:10 PM
 
24,546 posts, read 10,011,479 times
Reputation: 12221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
True. But you'll never hear a word from CNN or MSNBC. Cuomo is a darling of the nutjobs because he attacks Trump constantly.
Correct. The media incorrectly drools over him. Had NYC been as aggressive as California early on, a large % dead now are alive.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-29-2020, 10:32 PM
 
24,546 posts, read 10,011,479 times
Reputation: 12221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Well said. I'm really sorry your cousin has to suffer due to the foolishness of others. Cuomo's orders were akin to murder putting China-virus infected patients into facilities with the most vulnerable members of the population. Facilities largely staffed with low-skilled, moderately trained CNAs or assistants, rather than nurses and doctors. Facilities without the means of isolating contagious areas. Facilities without the "hard" surfaces hospitals use to ease cleaning and slow the spread of disease. Facilities that never gave a thought to negative-pressure airflow management.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/24/u...ronavirus.html

It wasn't just Cuomo that acted like a fool. California, New Jersey and Washington also put covid-infected patients in nursing homes with the most vulnerable people in the country. Can you say "failure of leadership" boys and girls? I know you can.

I would hope that Trump would issue an EO making this practice a criminal act.
This is gross negligence, not simply lack of leadership.

I would like to see the WH abort future funding to states with any use of the technique of dumping covid on nursing homes, starting 5-1-2020.

I would also like the WH to tie any NY funding to isolating covid elderly to the still open Javits, immediately. Not just using 10% of Javits capacity. Javits usage should be required to, at minimum, match the overall NYC hospital usage average. NY funding should be the carrot to enforce that stick of an action.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-30-2020, 08:45 AM
 
Location: 49th parallel
3,314 posts, read 1,892,927 times
Reputation: 6891
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Please please please get your facts straight!!!!!! Due to NY Hospitals complaining about the procedures enacted by the Federal gov't is the reason that the USNS Comfort ended up with Covid patients because patients didn't receive the testing needed by the hospitals before being assigned to the Comfort. Has nothing to do with electives surgeries - we have yet to open up hospitals for elective surgeries.

I'm frustrated with people not doing their homework and putting it back on us who know what we're talking about and then we have to educate them.
I realize that this is a Bash Cuomo thread, but I still feel you are not getting the point about the Comfort. Nothing about the fitting up of the Comfort, or about deciding who was to be treated there, was a state decision. Nothing. The fact that there was not enough testing is also down to the Feds. So the fiasco about the Comfort being underused is down to the Feds.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2020, 12:49 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
25,189 posts, read 15,630,546 times
Reputation: 7340
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't remember if it was the CNN or some other left media said Cuomo was the type of leadership New York needs right now.

Well, not saying he is not a great governor, but I do wonder what he has done for the New Yorkers? I think he blames the international traveling and density.

He himself said quarantine New York is unrealistic; his shelter-in-place order came very late. I wonder if he knew what he was doing.

All these said, one month ago, I just wish we won't end up like Italy, now, sheesh, I don't even know what to say.
I think most people can agree this mass transit especially the subway system in New York City is probably the best conveyor for spreading this virus. Has the Subway ever been closed, or did they just reduce the number of cars, forcing more people into fewer cars, which was spreading the virus even faster.

I think the decisions made by the governor of New York in the mayor of New York City were probably some of the dumbest in the entire country, which is why New York is the centerpiece of our covid-19 deaths
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2020, 12:57 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
25,189 posts, read 15,630,546 times
Reputation: 7340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Transporting otherwise stable nursing home residents from around the state to the Comfort to isolate them when nursing homes already have isolation procedures. Many ways that viruses can be carried into hospitals or nursing homes outside of patients but your assuming it’s the residents. If they tested every nurse in a hospital most would come up positive.
Nursing homes do not know how to handle, new, unknown, invasive infectious diseases like covid-19, that's what the hospitals are for.

Besides some people are missing the point, the most vulnerable populations to covid-19 are the elderly exactly the people who populate nursing homes. Under no circumstances should anyone positive with covid-19, or suspected of being positive with covid-19, should ever set foot into a nursing home.

So all of the excuses fall on deaf ears. It's moronic, it's stupid, it's dangerous, its deadly, it's absolutely freaking insane to place positive covid-19 patients into a nursing home, full of the exact people most at risk for dying from the disease.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2020, 01:12 PM
 
Location: Santa Monica
34,170 posts, read 13,234,406 times
Reputation: 13252
Quote:
Why did Cuomo force nursing homes to take hunan coronavirus-infected oldsters?
Because socialists love human trafficking/kidnapping.

It's a kink with them.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2020, 01:01 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
25,189 posts, read 15,630,546 times
Reputation: 7340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I realize that this is a Bash Cuomo thread, but I still feel you are not getting the point about the Comfort. Nothing about the fitting up of the Comfort, or about deciding who was to be treated there, was a state decision. Nothing. The fact that there was not enough testing is also down to the Feds. So the fiasco about the Comfort being underused is down to the Feds.
I disagree.

Initially the USNS Comfort was not supposed to take covid-19 patients. Governor Cuomo called President Trump and asked him make the change so that the USNS Comfort would take covid-19 patients. All Governor Cuomo had to do was asked if the USS comfort could accept covid-19 patients from nursing homes. And we know he didn't in fact the only thing Governor Cuomo did was sign an order forcing covid-19 patients into nursing homes

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/coro...itive/2363066/
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2020, 02:14 PM
 
5,733 posts, read 1,641,207 times
Reputation: 2159
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't remember if it was the CNN or some other left media said Cuomo was the type of leadership New York needs right now.

Well, not saying he is not a great governor, but I do wonder what he has done for the New Yorkers? I think he blames the international traveling and density.

He himself said quarantine New York is unrealistic; his shelter-in-place order came very late. I wonder if he knew what he was doing.

All these said, one month ago, I just wish we won't end up like Italy, now, sheesh, I don't even know what to say.
To be fair, there were too many unknowns from the start. I don't hold anyone totally accountable since we really didn't know jack chit about what it was.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top