U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 11:05 PM

24,631 posts, read 10,048,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake;58051699[B
]I doubt anyone in the federal government considered a governor this stupid[/b]..
Cuomo proved he accepted that challenge, in body bags.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2020, 11:17 PM

17,055 posts, read 7,102,641 times
The discussion was driven by an early fear that the Hospitals would be overloaded with Covid19 patients. And the fear was that the nursing homes would ship all their virus patients to the hospital eating all the capacity.

It appears it was not true but that does not make it stupid or irrational. Just an incorrect projection.

I suggest all these claims of motives or stupidity are simply dumb.

Old 05-07-2020, 11:32 PM

22,374 posts, read 8,824,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
There's a difference between counting dead people as COVID victims and actively trying to kill people. One is a statistical trick and the other is murder.
Did I use the word "murder"?

Old 05-08-2020, 06:43 AM

74,976 posts, read 35,067,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Kind of a shame the federal govt. overseeing this crisis didn't come up with a comprehensive, standard nursing home policy.
That's not the purview of the federal government. Health care, like education, is the purview of each state. US Constitution Article 1 Section 8 and the 10th Amendment. Cuomo is the guilty party in the NY COVID-19 nursing home carnage catastrophe.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:55 AM

5,169 posts, read 1,211,261 times
Emperor Cuomo is an idiot, yet he always talks down to us plebs, all the while his ineptitude led to the spread of Covid19_84 through nursing homes causing the death toll to exponentially rise. Mission accomplished?

Old 05-08-2020, 06:58 AM

34,143 posts, read 16,329,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's not the purview of the federal government. Health care, like education, is the purview of each state. US Constitution Article 1 Section 8 and the 10th Amendment. Cuomo is the guilty party in the NY COVID-19 nursing home carnage catastrophe.
You are right on a daily basis. But this was a crisis, national state of emergency, unusual circumstances.

And I hope that the federal govt. is always there to oversee how the states are managing the quality of lives of their residents.

Can't believe you would support turning away from folks in need like that.

What someone or the govt is legally mandated to do and what they should do from a humanity point of view don't have to line up all the time.

Old 05-08-2020, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I doubt anyone in the federal government considered a governor this stupid...or evil. Again, take your pick. Now-the federal government DID recommend shutting down access to nursing homes from visitors. Again-given that, I guess they just overestimated the intelligence of some of our governors. That's a lesson to learn for future events.
So the first real crisis was in a nursing home in the north west.....the federal govt. or task force should have addressed immediately -- at that time -- the issue from a humanitarian perspective.

And none of you have been able to provide the stats across the nation on nursing home deaths.....

Old 05-08-2020, 07:00 AM

1,261 posts, read 596,470 times
Quote:
You are right on a daily basis. But this was a crisis, national state of emergency, unusual circumstances.

And I hope that the federal govt. is always there to oversee how the states are managing the quality of lives of their residents.

What someone or the govt is legally mandated to do and what they should do from a humanity point of view don't have to line up all the time.
They were provided with a huge Navy ship/hospital that was barely used. Why weren’t they sent there for treatment?

Old 05-08-2020, 07:02 AM

5,169 posts, read 1,211,261 times
Quote:

No! We are a country with LAWS, not governance by feeeeelings!!!

Old 05-08-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
They were provided with a huge Navy ship/hospital that was barely used. Why weren’t they sent there for treatment?
The federal govt. send the Comfort there for non-COVID cases. They eventually did take cases but by that point New York City had set up emergency hospitals in Central PArk and other facilities.

And yes why didn't the federal govt. mandate the Comfort to be used for all the seniors in the area.

Wait a minute -- some of those seniors could have been five hours away from the Comfort dock........gosh I wonder if that would have been practical to send them there.

I hope you are giving red state Governors the same scrutiny....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies