Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2020, 06:08 AM

1,781 posts, read 955,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The federal govt. send the Comfort there for non-COVID cases. They eventually did take cases but by that point New York City had set up emergency hospitals in Central PArk and other facilities.

And yes why didn't the federal govt. mandate the Comfort to be used for all the seniors in the area.

Wait a minute -- some of those seniors could have been five hours away from the Comfort dock........gosh I wonder if that would have been practical to send them there.

I hope you are giving red state Governors the same scrutiny....lol.
I’m happy with my Red State Governor. Thank you very much.

And it’s not the Federal Government’s job to mandate that the Comfort be used. That was Cuomo’s call. He failed miserably.

Edit to add: Who exactly set up the hospital in Central Park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 06:13 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinaggie View Post
I’m happy with my Red State Governor. Thank you very much.

And it’s not the Federal Government’s job to mandate that the Comfort be used. That was Cuomo’s call. He failed miserably.
YEAH it is the Comfort is a federal Navy ship. It was directed by the PResident to go and help. Cuomo doesn't dictate what the federeal Navy does.

And it is clear your bias is so strong that your governor could pee on your leg and you would say it was raining....lol.

Funny as I type this an ad comes on TV --- a campaign ad for Trump touting his big achievements -- sending the Comfort to New York City.....lol.

Do you have any geography skills...have you seen the size of New York State?

Syracuse nursing homes would be hard pressed to send their sick to New York City

And which red state do you live in? Texas https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigation...d-ppe/2363206/

Old 05-08-2020, 06:14 AM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Quote:
The federal govt. send the Comfort there for non-COVID cases. They eventually did take cases but by that point New York City had set up emergency hospitals in Central PArk and other facilities.

And yes why didn't the federal govt. mandate the Comfort to be used for all the seniors in the area.

I hope you are giving red state Governors the same scrutiny....lol.
In my dreams.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:15 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Anybody know if the rate in New York is any different than in other areas?

From my preliminary observations -- nursing homes around the country, around the world -- were the hardest hit and the numbers are grim.

They all didn't have the same policies but are their outcomes any better?
Yes, Florida and the excellent Gov. DeSantis had much better results !!! Did you know that ? Apparently not !!!

Old 05-08-2020, 06:19 AM

Biggest problem for nursing homes across the country - lack of PPE.

While Trump was touting he was getting supplies everywhere -- -nursing homes reported severe shortages of supplies.

Oh it doesn't matter -- it's just the old people -- let's open the stores.....

And yes this is the contradicting message from Trump and fans.

One side of the mouth Cuomo bad for letting old people die, and then the Michigan Governor bad for implementing measures to protect people -- mainly old from the virus.

Y'all are all over the place on this one and it is pathetic. Give it up.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:23 AM

20,097 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Kind of a shame the federal govt. overseeing this crisis didn't come up with a comprehensive, standard nursing home policy.
obviously Cuomo couldn't handle the crisis, is he still on TV for hours everyday?

Old 05-08-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yes, Florida and the excellent Gov. DeSantis had much better results !!! Did you know that ? Apparently not !!!
Challenge accepted....
https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...s-audit-finds/

Florida nursing homes unprepared for emergencies like the coronavirus, audit finds

https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side/...nursing-homes/

https://www.theledger.com/news/20200...id-19-outbreak

https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side/...nursing-homes/

So it seems DeSantis was trying his best to keep facts hidden.

Wonder why?

Old 05-08-2020, 06:25 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,497,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Governor Andrew Cuomo of New York mandated that nursing homes accept Covid+ patients. 5000, or about 25% of the Covid deaths in NYS, were in nursing homes. We know that Cuomo and DeBlasio wanted to inflate the number of reported deaths. Is it possible that Cuomo wanted to "inflate" the number of actual deaths to benefit the Democratic Party (a party of which I am a proud member).

See Cuomo under fire for response to Covid-19 at nursing homes. Excerpt:

I would hate to think that this lethal mistake was deliberate. Who knows?
If he did it deliberately, that is mass murder and would be a perfect case for the death penalty (if NY had such a thing). But truly, I cannot imagine someone - even a Democrat! - could be this evil in his drive to defeat Trump at the polls.

That brings us to gross negligence. There's a legal term (I learned it from Law & Order) that I fail to recollect now, but I believe it was something like "depraved indifference to human life". Surely, Cuomo is guilty of this, at the minimum, by forcing nursing homes - who have been intensely attempting to keep the virus from their doorstep - to take in infected patients.

He's YOUR governor. When does his term end, and is he eligible for re-election? He really should be forced to resign over this, but I know the far leftists in NYC will fight to keep him.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
obviously Cuomo couldn't handle the crisis, is he still on TV for hours everyday?

LOL -- you stole that one from someone criticizing Trump's two hours press briefings -- showing campaign videos etc.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:27 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
You are right on a daily basis. But this was a crisis, national state of emergency, unusual circumstances.
That doesn't circumvent the US Constitution. The federal government *may* offer guidance and support, but the ultimate responsibility for health care (education, and everything else not specifically enumerated in Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution) is the purview of each state.

Quote:
And I hope that the federal govt. is always there to oversee how the states are managing the quality of lives of their residents.
That is only true in regards to Constitutional Rights, federal law, and treaties. That, too, is specifically spelled out in the US Constitution's Supremacy Clause in Article 6:

This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

Quote:
Can't believe you would support turning away from folks in need like that.

What someone or the govt is legally mandated to do and what they should do from a humanity point of view don't have to line up all the time.
Therein lies the rub... WHO decides what is or isn't a "humanity point of view?" Your version of that may not match or even mesh well with others' versions. The problem is that many people, yourself included, have inadequate knowledge of how the US, a Constitutional Republic, legally operates; the federal government is specifically limited by the Constitution and most of the power to govern actually resides with each state. I blame our p***-poor public schools for that lack of knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies