Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2020, 09:47 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If the food supply is stopped society would break down. even a perceived shortage of food in the supply chain would cause unrest. this essential business must remain open.

there is no 'good' solution. only the least worse solution.
If you havent noticed, the supply chain is crumbling! Geez, some of the comments on here?! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 09:49 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,499,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I couldn't access your link but if workers chose not to show up I'm sure some of the thousands of unemployed workers will be glad for a job.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/29/busin...der/index.html

Try this... Meanwhile unions are setting up strikes. Looks like Donnie Deficit is going to have to open up the border and let some immigrants in for this work... OOPS can't do that either.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:52 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I wonder if people complained and argued when the government hired companies to help out the war efforts back in WWII ?

We really can't have food producers closing shop....Find a way to safely stay open, just like manufacturing companies have found a way to safely stay open to help with ventilators and protection equipment.
I'm sure there was some but most American males were drafted and sent to a vacation in the south Pacific or Europe. A hurried lead in WW2 is the protests. Why is it buried, because the history writers want you to believe that the US became a world power in WW2.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:53 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Again, its not about an individuals meat consumption. Its a huge industry that will be crippled if it all shuts down, packing plant employees, farmers, slaughter houses, distributors, exports.

My town has a Perdue processing plant so I got curious and looked at their FB page. There were several photos (some actually posted by a friend that works there) and no one except the workers in the clinic were wearing masks and they werent practicing any social distancing. Yet to my knowledge no one there is infected. But according to news articles a plant in Goodlettsville has had some 100+ positive cases.

That's what prompted the DPA, a bunch of plants HAVE shut down due to cornoavirus outbreaks.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-29-2020, 09:58 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
We could hope with the mandatory stay open order that mandatory safety precautions were outlined so the "now safe from lawsuit" packing house know what is expected....

But alas the "I don't need to wear a mask" Task Force Leader and Clown in Chief can't be bothered with such nuances, Great thing, great things are coming....

Old 04-29-2020, 10:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
And Then The Government Seized The Means OF Production....
The Trump admin is forcing people into contaminated slaughterhouses is like Soviets forcing people in Tsernobyl after the accident. Probably Putin's idea.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:03 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
We could hope with the mandatory stay open order that mandatory safety precautions were outlined so the "now safe from lawsuit" packing house know what is expected....

But alas the "I don't need to wear a mask" Task Force Leader and Clown in Chief can't be bothered with such nuances, Great thing, great things are coming....
I think it will be a huge problem since many of the plants cannot be bothered to fix the problem

Old 04-29-2020, 10:05 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I think it will be a huge problem since many of the plants cannot be bothered to fix the problem
I know and now they have a Teflon coating so they can do what they want with no accountability courtesy of He who has no brain...

Old 04-29-2020, 10:07 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

The order would classify meat processing plants as essential infrastructure, with federal government officials providing protective gear and guidance to workers.

IDK why the meat processing plants don't have a clue about safety precautions, everyone other essential business does.

Old 04-29-2020, 10:53 AM

10,355 posts, read 7,986,475 times
Quote:
Me thinks these plants just were not adhering to safety measures. Its not like they are known for following the law or having their employees best interests at heart.
Got it in a nutshell!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies