Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 04:14 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
And this ridiculous theory is how Trump, the Alex Jones conspiracy fan, won over flyover country.

The same people that think:

we never landed on the moon,
that 9/11 was a government setup,
that Sandy Hook was all actors,
that a pizza place with no basement had a child abuse ring in the basement,
that Jade Helm was a government takeover
and Trump's son in law should be in charge of Middle East peace

are the same people that elected Trump.

Now they have a new conspiracy that provides cover for Trump's failures. The country should just split and admit the grand experiment was a massive failure. That the electoral college that was supposed to keep the large cities from electing the president, instead gave power to the crazies in the middle who never met a silly story they wouldn't believe. What's wrong cannot be fixed.
The OP fits the age part of that, but not the rest of the stereotype.

He's a wealthy, 80 year old guy who lives in the Los Angeles metro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2020, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
This idea is totally off the grid. Some new hobbies are needed!

See my post #81 on this thread.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:20 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Calguy, I was just thinking this very thing today and yesterday.

Watch Tucker Carlson's show on Fox News, 7:00 pm central time. He has a banner that says "Shut Up and Obey". Which is what the devious ones want to do to us.

I've been generally getting the idea that this is a real possibility, especially, the two doctors that said the powers that want this to happen, have kicked their You Tube off the air off Facebook, saying it goes against W.H.O. The doctors said the numbers are skewed, because the powers that be (TPTB) want the numbers to be worse. Seems like people who are speaking out against TPTB are getting muted.

They WANT to hit Trump where he has done the most good - the ECONOMY.

I think Trump may be changing the news conferences to not let Fauci and Birx every night be on the nightly press conf because Trump wants to refocus on RECOVERY (economics) because they have thus far spoken from the medical point of view, and this is the POV for SICKNESS. But he wants recovery. Laura Ingraham was talking/hinting at this last night's show.

I don't know if the Dems cooked this up because we know they hate Trump so much that it is conceivable that they would go to this length to destroy him and the economy, or if they are using this to do their agenda which is that. But I would not put it past them.

I think TPTB are either using this crisis to further their agenda or there is a more devious plot.

Do you know that reality has hit us to this point - churches have been shut down. THAT is the number 1 thing you would not believe that America would ever do such a thing.. shut down the churches. That is very telling.

We are actually living the Democrats dream - remember when Yang suggested giving everyone $1,000? Well we are doing that now with the stimulus. We are living the green new deal - by not working and letting the government pay people instead. the Dems are getting their wish in this shutdown in many ways. Ironic.

also ironic that the governors - some of them - are ruling with ridiculousness like the tyrant governor in Michigan. telling people that the protestors are now causing her to extend the shutdown.. people cant enjoy their summer homes, but visitors can. Ridiculous. so they have become little kings enjoying their fiefdom, Trump has given them power to do this by letting them handle it, its as if Trump is not in charge and he is the president.

so, im starting to get the strong feeling listening to all this that America has been turned upside down, to rule us and not let the Constitution rule, to destroy Trump as a result of this economic downturn (they hope) but perhaps Trump will overcome and we the people.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:22 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
OP, you need an attractive younger woman to occupy your time.

Once this Coronavirus situation is under control, hire a matchmaker.

And when you find her, as much as mobility will allow, travel!

You can afford it. One of my relatives did that, and he lived more than fifteen years past where you are now.
The OP is gay and in his 80s, I'm not sure an attractive younger woman is what he needs, just saying!

Old 04-29-2020, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Okay so I decided to take a peek over there....

Umm the "Why Hasn't the Bigfoot population been affected by the Coronavirus" thread told me everything that I need to know
^^^^^ Perhaps the OP saw Progressive Insurance's Bigfoot/Daryl commercial before he posted that ().

Old 04-29-2020, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
The OP is gay and in his 80s, I'm not sure an attractive younger woman is what he needs, just saying!
I knew the OP is in his 80s (either 80 or 81) has a dog, and has plenty of money, but I didn't know he's gay. Yeah, x out my suggestion.

Old 04-29-2020, 04:41 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,332,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I knew the OP is in his 80s (either 80 or 81) has a dog, and has plenty of money, but I didn't know he's gay. Yeah, x out my suggestion.
He seems to like Corvettes a lot, maybe he just needs a few more of those to keep his mind from all these crazy conspiracy theories!

Old 04-29-2020, 05:55 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Which leadership do we want?

Certainly do not want the crazy Dem leadership who told their citizens of NY that there is no reason not to use the subway or miss the parade next week. Don't want the crazy Dem leadership of San Francisco who says "Come to Chinatown" each doing so right after our great President, who was taking this virus seriously, by shutting off travel to China.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:58 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Calguy, I was just thinking this very thing today and yesterday.

Watch Tucker Carlson's show on Fox News, 7:00 pm central time. He has a banner that says "Shut Up and Obey". Which is what the devious ones want to do to us.

I've been generally getting the idea that this is a real possibility, especially, the two doctors that said the powers that want this to happen, have kicked their You Tube off the air off Facebook, saying it goes against W.H.O. The doctors said the numbers are skewed, because the powers that be (TPTB) want the numbers to be worse. Seems like people who are speaking out against TPTB are getting muted.

They WANT to hit Trump where he has done the most good - the ECONOMY.

I think Trump may be changing the news conferences to not let Fauci and Birx every night be on the nightly press conf because Trump wants to refocus on RECOVERY (economics) because they have thus far spoken from the medical point of view, and this is the POV for SICKNESS. But he wants recovery. Laura Ingraham was talking/hinting at this last night's show.

I don't know if the Dems cooked this up because we know they hate Trump so much that it is conceivable that they would go to this length to destroy him and the economy, or if they are using this to do their agenda which is that. But I would not put it past them.

I think TPTB are either using this crisis to further their agenda or there is a more devious plot.

Do you know that reality has hit us to this point - churches have been shut down. THAT is the number 1 thing you would not believe that America would ever do such a thing.. shut down the churches. That is very telling.

We are actually living the Democrats dream - remember when Yang suggested giving everyone $1,000? Well we are doing that now with the stimulus. We are living the green new deal - by not working and letting the government pay people instead. the Dems are getting their wish in this shutdown in many ways. Ironic.

also ironic that the governors - some of them - are ruling with ridiculousness like the tyrant governor in Michigan. telling people that the protestors are now causing her to extend the shutdown.. people cant enjoy their summer homes, but visitors can. Ridiculous. so they have become little kings enjoying their fiefdom, Trump has given them power to do this by letting them handle it, its as if Trump is not in charge and he is the president.

so, im starting to get the strong feeling listening to all this that America has been turned upside down, to rule us and not let the Constitution rule, to destroy Trump as a result of this economic downturn (they hope) but perhaps Trump will overcome and we the people.
We have all these talented health experts in this country and we need to silence them because Fox News has a better idea. I guess the "left" wants to get rid of Macron, Johnson and Merkel, are other countries ignoring their health experts because its some dastardly plot. Its just amazing the nonsense that is typed on here and the absolute nutburgers that believe this is a conspiracy. Its to be expected, the right wing in this country despises science and education.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:02 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Certainly do not want the crazy Dem leadership who told their citizens of NY that there is no reason not to use the subway or miss the parade next week. Don't want the crazy Dem leadership of San Francisco who says "Come to Chinatown" each doing so right after our great President, who was taking this virus seriously, by shutting off travel to China.

Trump was taking this seriously, LOL

"We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

“Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies