Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 07:40 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
the late$t fiasco with big companies being more important than you and me was the last straw. I will vote Green this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Exactly what I’m saying. When one is empathetic, they act accordingly.

Trump clearly does not care about people. His actions with respect the pandemic show this.
I did NOT see today's mediafest with CEO's, so I don't know what happened.

I would assume we're talking about meat-processing plants, or something else?

Old 04-29-2020, 08:41 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are you talking about the guy with the jet, billions in cash and assets and a string of trophy wives?
Were do I start ?....

1. Your question is an irrelevant deflection that doesn't address Trump's personal lack of decency that TheEmissary was referencing.

2. A string of trophy wives as something to be proud of? Really? That's a testament to his lack of ability to be faithful.

3. As some people have said, Trump is a poor person's idea of a rich person (a generalization...not saying you're poor). My grandmother taught me that class has nothing to do money, it has to do with how you treat people, and how you carry yourself. And she was a conservative woman. My grandmother was the most egalitarian person I have ever encountered in my life. She would treat a full service gas station attendant with the same kindness and decency she would afford to the CEO of a major corporation. She was my grandfather's secret weapon. Without even trying, she won people over with kindness and grace. She oozed goodness, and it was genuine. My grandfather was the most fortunate man on the face of the earth to be married to her, he knew it, and he never took her for granted during their 60+ years of marriage. My grandmother's focus on behavior didn't come from a wont for the material either. My grandparents were on the top rung economically and socially.

Quote:
If you are trying to make the case that this guy isn't on my side, then who the **** is on my side?
You're a conservative guy.

An up by the bootstraps kind of guy.

A self actualizing kind of guy.

A do for yourself kind of guy.

Why then, do you need anyone to be 'on your side' ?

Wouldn't your friends say 'I need someone in government to be on my side' is 'language of victimhood' ?

Old 04-29-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Yes, of course.

But he could wail at your bedside and you would say he's doing it for publicity so why bother asking when you suffer from TDS already? You ought to avoid thinking or talking about him, but I get that it gives you a thrill, that's the hard part about breaking a bad habit...it's just soooo fun..
Except it's OP's thread.

If you don't like what she has posted...It's a free country. You can ignore the thread anytime it's not to your liking.

Old 04-29-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Has Trump exhibited or expressed any true empathy for humans suffering?

Has pelosi, shumer or ANY dem politician?

If you are going to question 1 politician leader, you have to question ALL of them. Fair is Fair.

And your obvious "gotcha" question, YES he has, MANY time.

If you were to broaden your choices for "new" instead of just listening to ones who don't even cover ALL of task force's press conference, you would KNOW and would have to ask such ill informed questions!
Wrong.

Those other leaders aren't the President.

Trump is the President.

Sane people expect elevated/statesmanlike/Presidential behavior from the President.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Who gives a s***? He’s running the country. He doesn’t have time to coddle you. Call your mom if you need a hug.
You do that he'd being criticized about it. Otherwise you'd ignore the OP, and this thread.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
At least Trump knows the difference between his wife and sister and which office he is running for and which state he is in.
Did you happen to see the split screen of him and Hillary when Hillary was endorsing him...I think he fell asleep about three times.
Except that's irrelevant because not everyone criticizing Trump's lack of empathy is a Democrat, and those who aren't are under no obligation to defend anything Biden does.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
He is incapable of such and that is one reason people are souring on him.

He is unable to detach from approaching any situation from any perspective other than his own vanity.
Nailed it .

Old 04-29-2020, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It's just more of the same "Go Team!!" bullcrap. In this case, it's "Go Team Democrat!!"

If you're a Democrat, you probably think that Trump a purely evil creature with no capacity for good intentions. You're going to believe that anything he does say to the effect of, "Isn't this terrible. Those poor people that are dying." is purely being said for 100% selfish reasons. If you're a Republican, the man can lie to your face and there's a very good chance you'll believe him anyways.

Trump is a human being. No human being is all good or all bad. If any notion that any human being that ever lived is single-dimensionally all bad or all good, then you're not very bright.
I agree.

I think Trump loves his kids and his grandchildren.

Apparently (before declaring his candidacy) he liked to take his granddaughter Arabella (Ivanka's daughter) on walks around Manhattan and point out buildings, things that the city was neglecting (potholes), etc.

But, naturally, one of the reasons that he loves those people is because they are extensions of him.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I voted for Trump because Hillary was not an option for me. As the years have progressed, I find his actions and words to be a Yuge let down. His pandering to Netanyahu, and recently forcing the meat industry to keep chugging out tortured animals in the middle of a pandemic have placed him in my dumpster.
Except, as you now realize, it isn't a binary choice. Not voting for Trump didn't mean you had to vote for Hillary.

Quote:
He has no empathy except when he chooses to bomb somewhere because a fake gas attack over seas made him "sad" for the little babies. There was NO gas attack. I do agree about helping vets, and keeping our borders safe, but the late$t fiasco with big companies being more important than you and me was the last straw. I will vote Green this year.
Better late than never re realizing that not voting for Trump doesn't require voting for the Democrat.

Old 04-29-2020, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open-D View Post
Your post is nothing but dung.
^^^^^ Thank you for your erudite and esoteric critique .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies