Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2020, 05:34 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times

Advertisements

The Whole Foods here is the worst, with the good little mask bots scurrying up and down the one way aisles. They remind me of vampires regarding anyone without a mask as a crucifix waving priest and hurrying to get back to their caskets before the sun rises. Some appear to be absolutely terrified just to be outside.
They are the new undead

Old 04-29-2020, 05:42 AM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
I guess I was too nice a person to give dirty looks to people not wearing masks, but feeling annoyed by their self-centered disregard for others. I’ll try the dirty look thing next time, see how it feels. Thanks for the suggestion!

Old 04-29-2020, 05:42 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The Whole Foods here is the worst, with the good little mask bots scurrying up and down the one way aisles. They remind me of vampires regarding anyone without a mask as a crucifix waving priest and hurrying to get back to their caskets before the sun rises. Some appear to be absolutely terrified just to be outside.
They are the new undead
So you’re mocking people who are trying to protect others, since we have been told that a mask helps limit any spread of the virus we might have? You might have been that young guy in the store last week who came right up behind me, stood within two feet as I pulled my cans off the shelves, and coughed. He had no mask. Selfish kids - they feel invincible, so they don’t care if they infect others.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:45 AM

45,203 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
So you’re mocking people who are trying to protect others, since we have been told that a mask helps limit any spread of the virus we might have? You might have been that young guy in the store last week who came right up behind me, stood within two feet as I pulled my cans off the shelves, and coughed. He had no mask. Selfish kids - they feel invincible, so they don’t care if they infect others.
Its amazing you're not dead yet.

Old 04-29-2020, 05:48 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,029 times
Quote:

Hence no mask = selfish.
I’m curious since we now have hard data that the Covid-19 has a Fatality Rate equivalent to the Flu. Do you and Rachel wear masks during the flu season.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:04 AM

6,961 posts, read 2,695,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
If you aren't sick, you can't infect anyone. The virus does not spontaneously appear when two people come within 6 feet of each other. The MAJORITY of the masks worn are worthless and intended to remind the wearer NOT to touch their face while out in public. The provide ZERO health benefits other than "piece of mind".

Old 04-29-2020, 06:09 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
Around here no mask no service. Non mask people won’t be admitted to any place of business so no one needs concern themselves with those who refuse to wear a mask for whatever reason that they deem personally necessary.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:13 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,288 times
I am not going to wear a mask because I choose not to.
If you want to wear a mask then go for it, i will not judge your choice just like you shouldn't judge mine.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:18 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
I’m getting very annoyed every time I go to the grocery store and get dirty stares for not wearing a mask. Excuse me if I’m not a sheep and don’t want to live in fear.

AND Btw...The mask does NOT protect the wearer.

The mask keeps the wearer (who might be sick) from breathing germs, viruses and bacteria out with each exhale.

Since people wearing a mask don't also protect their eyes with goggles, an airborne pathogen can enter their body through the moist pathway of the eyes.

The only time a mask protects a wearer is when the wearer is grinding or burning or painting and the dust or fumes might be inhaled. Then the mask is PPE protection. With a virus, ALL MOIST ORIFICES MUST BE COVERED OR SEALED from exposure.

Since the death rate is now down to FLU levels, it would be best to carry on.....get sick......get well....and be full of antibodies.

This is extremely dependant on the type of mask, as well as the knowledge, training and habits of the person wearing the mask.

For instance, wearing the wrong type of mask for paint fumes or sanding/grinding dust can actually make exposure worse by giving the wearer a false sense of security or just not being rated for that type of hazard.

A great example is when you see someone wearing a nuisance dust mask when spraying paint.

I imagine it works the same way for something like a virus.

Old 04-29-2020, 06:19 AM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
If you aren't sick, you can't infect anyone. The virus does not spontaneously appear when two people come within 6 feet of each other. The MAJORITY of the masks worn are worthless and intended to remind the wearer NOT to touch their face while out in public. The provide ZERO health benefits other than "piece of mind".
I was out over the weekend and the number of masked people, mainly employees, who were sticking their hand, fingers up under the mask, fidgeting with the mask or wearing it below their nose was amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies