Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2020, 09:38 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
That sounds like the threat of sedition.

That is definitely NOT what the 2nd Amendment was intended for by our founders and is NOT protected in the constitution.
THAT is precisely what the 2nd Amendment is for, it was seen as the best defense against tyranny gaining a foothold.

The only 'catch' though...the people must know when to recognize tyranny and must step up and act to prevent it...( A govt that has become tyrannical is not going to announce that they have become tyrannical after all! LOL)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2020, 09:40 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Because, exposure=infection=death.
Garbage.

I just found out 2 friends tested positive for the Covid antibodies.

They were exposed before the quarantine. They were infected. They suffered mild aches and weakness for a few days. No death.

I was exposed to them before the quarantine. I don't know if I was infected. I either was not, or experienced such mild symptoms they were unnoticeable. No death.

You've made the claim. Please show me your proof that exposure guarantees death.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:47 AM

2,090 posts, read 3,573,997 times
These protesters might want to think about their diet and exercise before worrying about civil war. You need stamina for a war, they are going to get winded carrying all that weight around.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:49 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,696,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
You love your inaccurate stereotypes and generalizations purely to make you feel better about yourself. Sad and pathetic.

Believe me, I have seen Pro Trump booths set up at various events, and the people manning those booths are exactly like that.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:49 AM

256 posts, read 87,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I guess it depends on the state, but the vast majority DON'T. Think about it. How can you pursue happiness without work, or being able to go out and be with people? Most things are closed by government EDICT!
If you are dead, you won't be pursuing much happiness, either!

Old 05-01-2020, 09:51 AM

256 posts, read 87,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Hmm, I wonder what England would have said of 'America' during the American Revolution...'traitors and criminals, terrorists, etc'
Vast difference between Nazis and Washington, Jefferson and Hamilton.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:51 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The tyranny we are experiencing right now comes from a virus. Let's beat the real enemy by following the public health guidelines.

The people complaining about the social distancing measures sound like spoiled children on a long boring car ride. It's just as boring for the adults (who are not complaining). They need to grow up.
A virus is not an enemy. A virus is indiscriminate. It's dangerous, but it doesn't plot against you to destroy you. Politicians who would trample your rights by creating policies based on fear. They are the enemy of a free people. They mandate the suspension of peoples' rights as the price required to calm the frightened. For the fearful left, the ONLY scenario that exists is the worst case scenario, even when reality shows otherwise.

If anything, reading through the pages of this forum has illuminated a personality profile for leftists. They are nearly paralyzed with fear about the future. They look to government, their experts, to solve their problems and assuage their uncertainties. They lack resilience. They are risk adverse and think their total avoidance of risk is a sign of their intelligence. It's not. It's just a sign of their fear borne out in the constant whining and harping that people should only be allowed to do things THEY are comfortable with. LOL.

They are afraid of guns, therefore, you are only allowed to have the ones that don't scare them.

They are afraid of the virus, therefore you can't go to work, buy seeds, live your life, or do anything until they are comfortable with your doing so.

Greta Thunberg, The spokes-teen for fearful people, is racked with fear over climate change. She reflects their fear of the future.

Look at their policies for workplace/school shootings. Shoot back? Out of the question. So what's the answer? Lock and barricade the door, hunker down and hope. Same as it is for the virus.

Their fear makes them exploitable by people looking to cement their privilege and power. They use that fear to enact policies that support their objectives with their complete blessing. Good thing we didn't have to count on leftists to support our push for independence in the eighteenth century. We would still be subjects of a British king.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:53 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
THAT is precisely what the 2nd Amendment is for, it was seen as the best defense against tyranny gaining a foothold.
You are engaging in revisionism. Sedition has been illegal from the early days of our republic.

The Second Amendment is rooted in State's Rights, not individual rights. As a safeguard against the newly created Federal government from dissolving and absorbing the individual states the right to organize and maintain well regulated militias was recognized in the Bill of Rights, and the expectation was the Federal professional army would be too small to be effective against the states.

Typically, militias depended upon their citizens bringing and maintaining their own arms. One way the Federal government could cripple the power of the states would be to disarm the militias. The Second Amendment is all about the state's right to organize and maintain a well regulated militia.

If the governor of Michigan did not call out these protesters and deputize them in the name of the state, they are not considered a militia.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
The National Guard isn’t going to shoot at demonstrators. ROFL
Oh yeah? Guess again.

They've shot and killed demonstrators who were lot less of a threat than these idiots parading into a legislature with their guns on their hips.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_shootings

Old 05-01-2020, 09:56 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Hmm, I wonder what England would have said of 'America' during the American Revolution...'traitors and criminals, terrorists, etc'
I'm sure some did, but that is neither here nor there... I'm sure the leaders would have been imprisoned or killed if we did lose in the Revolutionary War. To think we wouldn't is acting outside of reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies