Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2020, 07:45 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,709,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Brown man bad!

Apparently it is big news for some when a man half-way across the world kicks a dog. Because he’s Muslim. What a lame post.

On the other hand, I didn’t know there was such a large PETA contingent on this board. I’m happy to know so many of you are so concerned with animal welfare. Gives me hope.
I truly cannot believe what I read here sometimes.

And seeing people harmed or hurt for other people’s amusement truly makes me wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2020, 07:53 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,709,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Hate to tell you but Muslims come in all colors
But the truth is that either lots of things or a fixed image can come to a person’s mind hearing the word “Muslim” not much different from “Latino.”

Old 05-03-2020, 08:58 AM

2,801 posts, read 3,871,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL, always with the virtual signaling. I know for me I couldn't care less and didn't even really acknowledge the guys religion or color. I was tuned into the point of the thread. Some jackass kicking a dog.

The Yulin dog festival is a nice little treat for our furry four legged friends.
P1ss off with your accusations of “virtue signaling.” The thread title is “General Muslim Migrant kicks a dog in Spain...” so if you didn’t notice that or all the posts about how Muslims are this or that, then you are either not paying attention or being dishonest. If you could explain to me how I’m “virtue signaling,” by pointing out that this is yet another anti-Muslim thread like many we see here on this board (and from this member), that might be helpful to actually demonstrating what you believe virtue signaling is and how you think I’m engaging in it. Accusing a person of something is completely meaningless unless you explain what the definition of the things you are accusing them of is, how their behavior matches that definition, and if their behavior matches that definition within the wider context of their action/post/etc.

Otherwise, your silly buzzwords are meaningless and I can accuse just about everybody of anything. For example, by accusing me of virtue signaling, I can then accuse you of something similar. By accusing me of virtue signaling, you are showing like-minded posters that you are one of them. Isn’t that like virtue signaling? See how a phrase, when completely detached from its proper meaning can be used to accuse almost anyone of it?

Old 05-03-2020, 10:35 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,052,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Excuse me, and while I realize you weren’t addressing me....but didn’t you just say on the thread discussing Sanders that “ the last thing we need is a non-Christian (i.e., Jewish) president”? And now you’re accusing some other poster of being bigoted and hating Muslims? Your own prejudice is showing. Bigly.
You seem to side with conservatives but the last thing theyvwant is a non christian as president. They hold israel jerusalem has n high regard and all but president? Tgey wont. Yet you seem to be siding with them .

Old 05-03-2020, 10:44 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,585,666 times
More than likely fake news.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:14 AM

52,400 posts, read 52,919,967 times
Quote:
P1ss off with your accusations of “virtue signaling.” The thread title is “General Muslim Migrant kicks a dog in Spain...” so if you didn’t notice that or all the posts about how Muslims are this or that, then you are either not paying attention or being dishonest. If you could explain to me how I’m “virtue signaling,” by pointing out that this is yet another anti-Muslim thread like many we see here on this board (and from this member), that might be helpful to actually demonstrating what you believe virtue signaling is and how you think I’m engaging in it. Accusing a person of something is completely meaningless unless you explain what the definition of the things you are accusing them of is, how their behavior matches that definition, and if their behavior matches that definition within the wider context of their action/post/etc.

Otherwise, your silly buzzwords are meaningless and I can accuse just about everybody of anything. For example, by accusing me of virtue signaling, I can then accuse you of something similar. By accusing me of virtue signaling, you are showing like-minded posters that you are one of them. Isn’t that like virtue signaling? See how a phrase, when completely detached from its proper meaning can be used to accuse almost anyone of it?
Dude, you were completely virtue signaling, you are probably white too. Lol, white guilt ridden people are always usually the virtue signaling types.

No, the point of the thread was some innocent dog was kicked, why the op mentioned Muslim is secondary.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:09 PM

2,801 posts, read 3,871,875 times
Quote:
Dude, you were completely virtue signaling, you are probably white too. Lol, white guilt ridden people are always usually the virtue signaling types.

No, the point of the thread was some innocent dog was kicked, why the op mentioned Muslim is secondary.
Again, you have asserted that I am virtue signaling (“completely virtue signaling” this time) without answering the question I asked in my previous post: how was I virtue signaling with my original post in this thread? Please explain it to me.

The main point of this thread was not simply that a dog had been kicked in Spain. What are the first words of the thread title?
“General Muslim Migrant kicks a dog in Spain, dog retaliates by nearly ripping his genitals off.”
In the very first words of the thread title, the OP showed us his motives for making this post. It’s not that a dog was kicked in Spain. It’s that a Muslim migrant — a general one, at that — did it because...well, just read then original post again. The snippet that’s quoted makes a connection between Islamic teachings and cruelty to dogs. If the real story is the animal abuse or even the guy almost losing his pecker, why the need to call out the perpetrator of the abuse and resulting injury to his genitals by his religious, ethnic, and immigration status? Even if it is only a “secondary” part of the post, calling out Islam and Muslims for mistreating dogs is important to this thread or it wouldn’t be the first words in the thread title.

Virtue signaling Some of you have seriously gone mad.

I happen to live in a neighborhood where many thousands of Muslim migrants have settled in the last 10-15 years. Many of my co-workers and about 75% of my clients are Muslim. I also have a lot of Muslim friends. Some of them have pet dogs, believe it or not. It may be correct that dogs are more or less accepted as household pets depending on which part of the Muslim world you might find yourself in (in Somalia, for example, dogs are definitely not considered pet material and many Somalis I’ve known dislike and are terrified of dogs) and that many Muslims in the ME and North Africa do not keep them as pets. However, to think that they go out of their way to abuse dogs because they are Muslim is ignorant.

I’m tired of these anti-Muslim threads. If saying so is virtue signaling, then I guess that’s what I’m doing. I’m not going to tell you what you’re doing because I try to respect the TOS.

Old 05-03-2020, 09:14 PM

18,099 posts, read 27,567,692 times
Quote:
Brown man bad!

Apparently it is big news for some when a man half-way across the world kicks a dog. Because he’s Muslim. What a lame post.

On the other hand, I didn’t know there was such a large PETA contingent on this board. I’m happy to know so many of you are so concerned with animal welfare. Gives me hope.
Waa cry me a river!

Happy for the dog. Give that dawg some doggie treats. Hope that animal abusing muslim knows what genitalia mutilation feels like now, but hey, that's just me, ymmv, yada yada. Karma. besides that, there's a good reason for strongly defending an animal. It's got nothing to do with PETA, it's got to do with defending a defenseless (but not so much in this case) animal. What a stupid post.

Quote:
Many people have addressed you in this thread, you've chosen to latch onto my post. So I'll give you a quick rundown.

Islam is crap. It's crap on any measure of analysis using 2020 standards. It's **** pure and simple.

Chritianinty is right behind it. Judaism is crap too.

There are components in all three that have some merits. Were dealing with ideas that are two thousand yrs old in some cases.

These religions get some stuff right. Otherwise religions like Islam is garbage **** religion. I'll say that til the cows come home. Islam is ****. SCREW that pedophile child bride rapist. Islam,the religion of peace,. Lol, give me a break. I can't explain the disdain I have for that filthy vile crap that is Islam. I'm not some ignorant neckbeard redneck here. I'm an educated engineer that reads, all you need to do is read and you'll see what a bunch of literal crap Islam is.... I can't stress it enough, it's garbage on every front.
Tactfully done, thank you.

Last edited by McGowdog; 05-03-2020 at 09:55 PM..

Old 05-03-2020, 11:11 PM

19,042 posts, read 14,285,192 times
Fact: There is a religion that considers all others to be infidels, and worthy of conquest, death or conversion.
Fact: This religion considers dogs to be filthy unclean creatures to be reviled and attacked.
Fact: This religion's tenets include the necessity to lie to infidels to allay their suspicions and make them easier to defeat.
Fact: Most infidels are too stupid and apathetic to defend themselves against such a tenacious enemy.
Fact: It's a hate crime to express facts about this religion - by their rules.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:32 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,391,371 times
Dog is GOD, spelled backwards. Coincidence? I think not!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies